News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WWH44L

Thanks Simon, most are tracking now, just need 40810, 40811 looking at now. 40819/20/22 I don't think have made it out into service yet.

Also, I did notice 32220 was tracking yesterday as the Bolton spare machine too.

Simon Dunn

I will discuss with our Bolton depot

WWH44L

Thanks Simon, one other I spotted (goes past my house) is 30501 tracking as withdrawn 20830. 👍

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on June 14, 2021, 09:04:44 AM
Thanks Simon, one other I spotted (goes past my house) is 30501 tracking as withdrawn 20830. 👍

I will add that to the list

Simon

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 25, 2021, 06:53:20 PM
We will pick this up with TfWM

Hi - You might want to re-pick this up with TfWm, as they've started to reprint the posters, to account for the return of Chaserider to Walsall,  but those early journeys are still missing!

Edit - Other journeys might be missing as well,  but without cross checking the poster against  the actual timetable itself,  I can't be sure!

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on June 15, 2021, 07:16:52 AM
Hi - You might want to re-pick this up with TfWm, as they've started to reprint the posters, to account for the return of Chaserider to Walsall,  but those early journeys are still missing!

Edit - Other journeys might be missing as well,  but without cross checking the poster against  the actual timetable itself,  I can't be sure!

Thank you.  Hopefully this will be picked up in service revisions in August

I love Walsall buses

Hi simon hope you are well

Just Wondering if theres a reason why your no longer operating on the 32 from 29th August

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on June 24, 2021, 04:47:04 PM

Just Wondering if theres a reason why your no longer operating on the 32 from 29th August

Also, can you look at changing your policy regarding supplying your own timetable leaflets to the Travelshops,  if you won't appear on any new TfWm leaflets in future as well please?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on June 24, 2021, 04:47:04 PM

The timetables we have designed are aimed at fulfilling the needs of the passengers we have been carrying.  We have done limited number of 32 trips under partnership and therefore we have chosen to provide a higher frequency on the corridor(s) we have

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on June 24, 2021, 06:29:26 PM
Also, can you look at changing your policy regarding supplying your own timetable leaflets to the Travelshops,  if you won't appear on any new TfWm leaflets in future as well please?

We have always been happy to provide timetables to whoever requires them.

WWH44L

Hi Simon, there are a couple more at Bolton that are tracking as other vehicles:

30404 is tracking as 32211
20824 is tracking as 40100 (Julia)
40829 I think is tracking as the Bolton spare
Not sure what newbies 40838 & 40839 are tracking as
There was a machine called 'Bury' too but this hasn't tracked recently.

Also, a couple of Preston ones have been tracking here too: 30114 at Eccles and 33002 at Bolton. Think these are both long term out of service so not sure what their machines have been used in.

Cheers
Jason

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on July 07, 2021, 08:57:05 PM
Hi Simon, there are a couple more at Bolton that are tracking as other vehicles:

30404 is tracking as 32211
20824 is tracking as 40100 (Julia)
40829 I think is tracking as the Bolton spare
Not sure what newbies 40838 & 40839 are tracking as
There was a machine called 'Bury' too but this hasn't tracked recently.

Also, a couple of Preston ones have been tracking here too: 30114 at Eccles and 33002 at Bolton. Think these are both long term out of service so not sure what their machines have been used in.

Cheers
Jason

I have sent to Bolton and Preston to review

Thank you

Westy

Simon - What are those new little boxes on the rail by the bus doors?

DJ

Quote from: Westy on July 10, 2021, 11:59:32 AM
Simon - What are those new little boxes on the rail by the bus doors?

Not Simon, but I'm happy to answer. They're for the Ticketer ticketing system used by Diamond, enabling the use of Swift Go and contactless capping. Basically, you'll tap onto the bus on the regular ticket machine, using a Swift Go enabled smart card or a contactless bank card, and then tap off as you get off, so that it knows where you have travelled to and from, allowing the systems to charge you the correct fare.

You will still be able to use Swift/Contactless to pay for individual tickets, as is the case currently, but this allows Diamond to start accepting Swift Go in addition to this. The system should cap you to the cheapest daily/weekly fare, if all goes well.

I have attached an image of one of the readers, for those that haven't seen one yet.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DJ on July 10, 2021, 06:27:07 PM
Not Simon, but I'm happy to answer. They're for the Ticketer ticketing system used by Diamond, enabling the use of Swift Go and contactless capping. Basically, you'll tap onto the bus on the regular ticket machine, using a Swift Go enabled smart card or a contactless bank card, and then tap off as you get off, so that it knows where you have travelled to and from, allowing the systems to charge you the correct fare.

You will still be able to use Swift/Contactless to pay for individual tickets, as is the case currently, but this allows Diamond to start accepting Swift Go in addition to this. The system should cap you to the cheapest daily/weekly fare, if all goes well.

I have attached an image of one of the readers, for those that haven't seen one yet.

This explanation is correct

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk