News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LancashireLad

Hi Simon,

With Deutsche-Bahn confirming a couple of days ago, that it is still trying to sell Arriva UK Bus operations, are there any plans for Rotala, to make any offers for parts of Arriva?

Regards

Lancashire Lad

Simon Dunn

We have a desire to continue to grow and strengthen our business should suitable opportunities arise

Simon

WWH44L

Hi Simon,

Do you know how many of the ex First B7s are going over to Preston? I know 13 have been painted but is there a specific number and do you know the full list?

Cheers
Jason

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on May 27, 2021, 03:09:09 PM
Hi Simon,

Do you know how many of the ex First B7s are going over to Preston? I know 13 have been painted but is there a specific number and do you know the full list?

Cheers
Jason

I am advised that 5 vehicles have been moved to Preston in the last few days

Simon

the trainbasher

Hi Simon

Hope you had a good Bank Holiday.

You might want to have whoever manages your BODS datasets for Diamond WM to have a look at them as several services are still showing missing data in BODS

002 is missing BODS timetable data for Merry Hill and Halesowen bus stations
K3 is missing BODS timetable data for Kidderminster bus station (the Kidderminster depot run journeys)
4H is missing BODS timetable data for Halesowen, West Brom and Walsall bus stations.
13 is missing BODS timetable data for Merry Hill bus station
H40 Is missing BODS timetable data for both West Brom and Wednesbury bus stations.
229 is missing BODS timetable data for stops in Coseley village centre/Roseville
251 is missing BODS timetable data for the following stops: Leys Crescent, Canal Bridge (both on Leys Road, Buckpool), Nagersfield Road (on Moor Street, Buckpool) and Tesco (on Crown Lane, Stourbridge). These are all stops that have been served on the route since Hansons started on it after their 2009 revision to the route.
298 is showing on BODS as serving Mary Stevens Park on all trips when it only calls there for 1 journey on school term only.

Those are just a few of the ones I've found trawling through both bustimes and the XML files on BODS

Regards

Tom

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 01, 2021, 12:17:44 PM
Hi Simon

Hope you had a good Bank Holiday.

You might want to have whoever manages your BODS datasets for Diamond WM to have a look at them as several services are still showing missing data in BODS

002 is missing BODS timetable data for Merry Hill and Halesowen bus stations
K3 is missing BODS timetable data for Kidderminster bus station (the Kidderminster depot run journeys)
4H is missing BODS timetable data for Halesowen, West Brom and Walsall bus stations.
13 is missing BODS timetable data for Merry Hill bus station
H40 Is missing BODS timetable data for both West Brom and Wednesbury bus stations.
229 is missing BODS timetable data for stops in Coseley village centre/Roseville
251 is missing BODS timetable data for the following stops: Leys Crescent, Canal Bridge (both on Leys Road, Buckpool), Nagersfield Road (on Moor Street, Buckpool) and Tesco (on Crown Lane, Stourbridge). These are all stops that have been served on the route since Hansons started on it after their 2009 revision to the route.
298 is showing on BODS as serving Mary Stevens Park on all trips when it only calls there for 1 journey on school term only.

Those are just a few of the ones I've found trawling through both bustimes and the XML files on BODS

Regards

Tom

Thank you

bususer12

Hi Simon

Have all of your drivers been briefed that Multi Operator Tickets are available to buy from the NX Ticket App. I have been questioned twice so far regarding the use of this ticket on your services, and had to read out the text of ALL operators to the driver.

WWH44L

Hi Simon, you couldn't get someone at Bolton to check the ticket machines on the new 8 branded Steetdecks as they are tacking with machines from withdrawn vehicles (one being 20811) on Bus times? Also 32220 was tracking with a spare machine last week with its machine in a streetdeck, pretty sure 32301 is tracking as 30921, 40797 is tracking as 30404. It just stops the keyboard warriors messing with the online fleetlists that are around as they tend to add back withdrawn buses to the lists when in fact they've been sold!

By the way, think the green 8 branding looks great. Best one so far! Is the 501 or 582 services going to get a branded fleet too?

Cheers.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bususer12 on June 07, 2021, 09:27:56 AM
Hi Simon

Have all of your drivers been briefed that Multi Operator Tickets are available to buy from the NX Ticket App. I have been questioned twice so far regarding the use of this ticket on your services, and had to read out the text of ALL operators to the driver.

The drivers have been briefed.  We have put out a second communication to all drivers this afternoon.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on June 07, 2021, 04:39:46 PM
Hi Simon, you couldn't get someone at Bolton to check the ticket machines on the new 8 branded Steetdecks as they are tacking with machines from withdrawn vehicles (one being 20811) on Bus times? Also 32220 was tracking with a spare machine last week with its machine in a streetdeck, pretty sure 32301 is tracking as 30921, 40797 is tracking as 30404. It just stops the keyboard warriors messing with the online fleetlists that are around as they tend to add back withdrawn buses to the lists when in fact they've been sold!

By the way, think the green 8 branding looks great. Best one so far! Is the 501 or 582 services going to get a branded fleet too?

Cheers.

I have sent a message to the depot around the buses.  In terms of branding, I am not sure at present.

Simon

BN

Hi Simon,
I've seen a few photos of Prestonbus depot being emptied, redevelopment or relocation?
Thanks

WWH44L

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 07, 2021, 08:15:55 PM
I have sent a message to the depot around the buses.  In terms of branding, I am not sure at present.

Simon

Thanks Simon, your email seems to have done the trick with 40812/13/14/15/17/21 now tracking. 40810 is out too but it's either on the spare machine or tracking as 20831. Hopefully all the others will get sorted now as well.

Simon Dunn

Thankyou.  I have asked the same person to look at this one

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk