News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damo

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 02, 2021, 11:50:05 AMIn terms of some form of TfL integration.  I am not sure this is possible.  it has never come up before.  Except TfL operators, are you aware of any other operator having such an arragement?
I've certainly never heard of a non-TfL route accepting an Oyster Card in Surrey, or elsewhere. Closest I'm aware of is 'Oyster Save' which Abellio introduced as 'Oyster Match' and matched the £1.50 single fare upon presentation of an Oyster Card to the driver, but became 'Oyster Save' when Abellio changed this to £1.60 (for comparison, the Oyster single fare is now £1.55). But according to your fare tables, you still offer that between Kingston and Esher/Hampton Court (458/461), and between Heathrow and Sunbury (555). The only difference is Oyster caps at £4.65 per day, where as doing more than a return journey with Hallmark would take you over that (but I'd imagine not a common occurrence given the limited length of time that Diamond routes spend in Zone 6).

IMarkeh

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 02, 2021, 11:50:05 AM
It will take some time, but I will get someone to look at what you are suggesting in terms of tickets.  Clearly we need to understand how this will work from the businesses perspective.

In terms of Tickerer - our machines are Ticketer so we already work with them.  In terms of some form of TfL integration.  I am not sure this is possible.  it has never come up before.  Except TfL operators, are you aware of any other operator having such an arragement?

Simon
Thank you for your reply.

As for accepting Oyster, I mentioned it to TFL and this was their reply.

'We're happy to facilitate them working with Cubic, but they would be expected to cover the costs. It's worth noting that a different operator's fare would not contribute to a TfL cap as they are different fares system.'

Not sure how big the costs are but it may encourage some people to use your services vice TFL ones where mutual corridors exist. All the £1.50s add up and for those making not hitting the fare caps, it would open up their options since they won't be contained to TFL buses for using the Oyster card if they don't use contactless or cash payment methods.

WWH44L

Hi Simon, are there any fleet movements in the North West this weekend. I heard that route 20 was moving to Eccles from Bolton so wondered if anything was going with it. Any moves of the B7s to Preston too as I noticed they'd put 69186 into service last week (with a paper destination board btw)

Jakemat10

Seen a pic yesterday of a MAN centro in Kidderminster depot in a withdrawn state could you confirm the fleet number of the bus please seems to be a lot of guesses for which bus it is

Thanks

Jake

BN

Quote from: Jakemat10 on April 11, 2021, 11:23:12 PM
Seen a pic yesterday of a MAN centro in Kidderminster depot in a withdrawn state could you confirm the fleet number of the bus please seems to be a lot of guesses for which bus it is

Thanks

Jake
I know this thread is for Simon, but its not a MAN its Volvo 30807, been past this morning. Hope it helps.

Jakemat10

The MAN is Parked round the back of the depot 30807 I believe is at the front

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on April 10, 2021, 02:05:23 PM
Hi Simon, are there any fleet movements in the North West this weekend. I heard that route 20 was moving to Eccles from Bolton so wondered if anything was going with it. Any moves of the B7s to Preston too as I noticed they'd put 69186 into service last week (with a paper destination board btw)

Yes, there has been a few.

BN to ECCLES

31401 SN10 CDE
31408 YX17 NJK
31411 YX67 VGZ
31414 YY67 USJ
31415 YY67 USL
30975 YY16 YJH

ECCLES HAVE PARKED THE FOLLOWING UP AT BOLTON FOR RESERVE

20675    YJ56 APK
20727   K18 SLT
20798    MX55 WDL
20810    BX56 BKA
20811    BX56 BJZ
20829    TJ56 AUC
20830    YJ56 AUH
20831    YJ06 YPP

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on April 11, 2021, 11:23:12 PM

Thanks

Jake

Most of the MAN's are being electrified.  It depends upon which vehicle you saw

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BN on April 12, 2021, 02:56:06 PM
I know this thread is for Simon, but its not a MAN its Volvo 30807, been past this morning. Hope it helps.

30807 will be repaired

Jakemat10

I meant the MAN around the back of the depot

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on April 13, 2021, 03:10:35 PM
I meant the MAN around the back of the depot

I believe this is one of the 5 which are going for electrification

Simon

Solo1

Will the rest of the ex central buses ,& Hansons be painted 4 Hanson's at Kidderminster & metrocity at redditch  thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on April 14, 2021, 08:59:24 AM
Will the rest of the ex central buses ,& Hansons be painted 4 Hanson's at Kidderminster & metrocity at redditch  thanks

That is the intention

andyh

Simon Dunn

Quote from: andyh on April 14, 2021, 05:03:58 PM
The MAN parked at the rear is 30804

30804 is on the list of vehicles which should be converted to electric.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk