News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Jakemat10 on February 23, 2021, 03:11:24 PM
Just seen a pic of 30960 on the 16 didn't think darts were allowed on the 16 due to it requiring euro 6
Buses

The LEZ hasn't started yet, and even when it does it doesn't ban Euro 6, just they will be charged for entering the city

BN

Just like to say Simon that the fleet is really smartening up,  I can't keep up with the amount of repaints you are doing at the moment. Much better livery too,  its really building a good image of the brand in the area.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BN on March 11, 2021, 06:57:45 PM
Just like to say Simon that the fleet is really smartening up,  I can't keep up with the amount of repaints you are doing at the moment. Much better livery too,  its really building a good image of the brand in the area.

Thankyou

Jakemat10

quick question just wondering why ever since 30806 has been in service at tividale it seems to be really limp and struggles on hills is it stuck in limp mode?

Thanks

Jake

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on March 19, 2021, 03:29:10 PM
quick question just wondering why ever since 30806 has been in service at tividale it seems to be really limp and struggles on hills is it stuck in limp mode?

Thanks

Jake

Jake

I have spoken to the Engineering Manager at the depot.  The vehicle experienced a burst hose yesterday.  The EM has undertaken to watch the vehicles performance this next week and come back to me if we pick up on any power issues

Simon

Jakemat10

Thanks for that when will 30120/30922 be back in service following there conversion

Thanks

Jake

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on March 20, 2021, 02:38:50 PM
Thanks for that when will 30120/30922 be back in service following there conversion

Thanks

Jake

Jake,

We are waiting on an update.

Simon

WWH44L

Hi Simon, just noticed that Scania 30920 at Bolton has been reinstated and repainted. Is this and the others at Bolton and Preston now not up for sale?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on March 24, 2021, 06:25:21 PM
Hi Simon, just noticed that Scania 30920 at Bolton has been reinstated and repainted. Is this and the others at Bolton and Preston now not up for sale?

Over the overall fleet we have too many vehicles and excess capacity.  This year we have 39 new vehicles due to arrive.  So although we may still be using the Scania's.  We have far too many vehicles and we need to dispose of some of the older vehicles.

Simon

Solo1

The new buses for manchester  i take it

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on March 25, 2021, 06:11:03 AM
The new buses for manchester  i take it

Overall we have too many vehicles, as time passes our fleet requirements change and as a result we need to sell some. 

Westy

Simon - Might want to flag up to Tividale again about roping off the nearest seats to the driver!

30927's driver didn't inform the 2 passengers sitting by him, that they shouldn't be doing so, this morning!

IMarkeh

Hi Simon,
Please can I ask will you be reviewing the Surrey fare system to scrap the very unfair point to point weekly tickets. I believe this is due to Abellio doing it many years ago but now it's under Rotala, I think it's a shame to see such a system still going. It's clearly not a very good system as Surrey is about the only place in the UK to have this style of ticketing. It's very passenger unfriendly and doesn't help when it comes to journeys which are off the normal routine. Zonal fares or something like that is fine but the specific point to point weekly tickets are needlessly confusing and extremely expensive (when compared to other fares charged by other divisions)

Secondly, can I ask are Rotala willing to work with Ticketer and TFL so that within the Greater London area (and areas outside of London where TFL buses run like Staines), you can accept Oyster. Whatever peoples opinion on the system, Oyster is one of the main payment methods in London and by accepting that as a payment method, it may help to improve some passenger loadings since passengers who use Oyster won't be forced to wait for a TFL bus, they can use your service (though I can't see it working towards the bus cap, it's helpful for an integrated public transport network).

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on April 02, 2021, 05:24:20 AM
Hi Simon,
Please can I ask will you be reviewing the Surrey fare system to scrap the very unfair point to point weekly tickets. I believe this is due to Abellio doing it many years ago but now it's under Rotala, I think it's a shame to see such a system still going. It's clearly not a very good system as Surrey is about the only place in the UK to have this style of ticketing. It's very passenger unfriendly and doesn't help when it comes to journeys which are off the normal routine. Zonal fares or something like that is fine but the specific point to point weekly tickets are needlessly confusing and extremely expensive (when compared to other fares charged by other divisions)

Secondly, can I ask are Rotala willing to work with Ticketer and TFL so that within the Greater London area (and areas outside of London where TFL buses run like Staines), you can accept Oyster. Whatever peoples opinion on the system, Oyster is one of the main payment methods in London and by accepting that as a payment method, it may help to improve some passenger loadings since passengers who use Oyster won't be forced to wait for a TFL bus, they can use your service (though I can't see it working towards the bus cap, it's helpful for an integrated public transport network).

It will take some time, but I will get someone to look at what you are suggesting in terms of tickets.  Clearly we need to understand how this will work from the businesses perspective.

In terms of Tickerer - our machines are Ticketer so we already work with them.  In terms of some form of TfL integration.  I am not sure this is possible.  it has never come up before.  Except TfL operators, are you aware of any other operator having such an arragement?

Simon

Kevin

Speaking of fares.
I have a 12 trip ticket on the Oxford 250, and was curious if there's a plan in the future to put this on the app? I've found it to be a very useful thing for the odd occasion I've caught it, and the Stagecoach & Oxford Bus Company one's I've got on their apps work quite well

Also, would such a thing be possible in the West Midlands? Or even just add singles as a thing to buy on the app?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk