News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on February 09, 2021, 08:42:22 PM
Hi Simon, couple of questions from me.  What's the status of these at Bolton? Most haven't tracked for months so wondered if they are off the road for a specific reason?

30019 (still in Signature livery)
30030 (painted in Preston Bus livery)
32305 (don't think it's been out since repaint)

Also, some of the ticket machines in the Solos at Eccles don't seem to be tracking correctly. At least 20726 and 20795 are in service but tracking as others. Just think they all need checking.

Are 20185, 20918/21 permanent transfers to Preston?

Noticed at least 5 ex First B7Rles have now been painted into Preston livery and are being used in service at Bolton, do you know which others will be painted and when they'll transfer over?

Thanks in advance as always 😊
Jason

Jason,

1.  I have asked the Head of Engineering for the North West to come back to me on the Bolton vehicles.  When I have a response, I will come back to you
2.  The "28/9" seaters have been moved due to age restrictions on Lancashire County Council contracts.  At present, we are in the process of moving out of Heathrow all of the Euro 5 vehicles ahead of the 1st March deadline.  This Friday most of these will move to Preston via Bolton for repaint.  I would imagine after these are done, the vehicles will move back to Bolton
3.  We do plan to move a number of the older B7's to Preston.  We haven't decided which ones.

Simon

DJ

Hi Simon,

Are there any plans to support Diamond tickets on the new Swift Go, rather than just the nBus products? It'd be great if it could cap to the Diamond Value fare if I was to just get the 42 and 4H, for example.

Thanks,
Dan.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 10, 2021, 07:12:26 AM
Jason,

1.  The various VOR vehicles are work in progress.  Some need manufacturer support, some have multiple issues.  40713 is in Ballymena following an RTA
2.  The "28/9" seaters have been moved due to age restrictions on Lancashire County Council contracts.  At present, we are in the process of moving out of Heathrow all of the Euro 5 vehicles ahead of the 1st March deadline.  This Friday most of these will move to Preston via Bolton for repaint.  I would imagine after these are done, the vehicles will move back to Bolton
3.  We do plan to move a number of the older B7's to Preston.  We haven't decided which ones.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DJ on February 10, 2021, 08:28:10 AM
Hi Simon,

Are there any plans to support Diamond tickets on the new Swift Go, rather than just the nBus products? It'd be great if it could cap to the Diamond Value fare if I was to just get the 42 and 4H, for example.

Thanks,
Dan.

DJ

We have been asked recently to join.  There is dialogue between ourselves and TfWM over some of the scheme rules and requirements and we are waiting on feedback.

We are not against joining the scheme, we just need to work through the various details

Simon

DJ

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 10, 2021, 08:43:48 AM
DJ

We have been asked recently to join.  There is dialogue between ourselves and TfWM over some of the scheme rules and requirements and we are waiting on feedback.

We are not against joining the scheme, we just need to work through the various details

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the response.

Does the Swift Go card even work on Diamond right now then? I'd have thought it'd be valid, and charge you for an nBus, but if not, I guess I'll have to stick to NX.

Thanks,
Dan.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bus Man K2

Hi, @Simon Dunn

I am currently looking at the 20/21 routing on the Sandwell and Dudley map. Can you tell me which road the 20 serves on the way to Bearwood in the Bearwood area, pkease.

As the timetable map that TfWM have produced shown it serving Milcote Road to the bus station and St Mary's Road towards Oldbury but the area map shows it operating both direction along St Mary's Road.

Could you please reply in the topic New NWM area guides please?

Thanks

Regards

Bus Man K2

Bus Man K2

I Should've also said I did track it on the website map but it froze and then reloaded and jumped from Abbey Road to Adkins Road!! 😁

WWH44L

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 10, 2021, 08:42:45 AM

Cheers Simon for the update. Much appreciated.  Do you know which vehicles are moving up from Heathrow and are these to replace older solos at Preston?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on February 10, 2021, 10:22:20 PM
Cheers Simon for the update. Much appreciated.  Do you know which vehicles are moving up from Heathrow and are these to replace older solos at Preston?

All the Euro5 buses.  The Solo's will replace older Solo's in Preston

BN

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 11, 2021, 08:53:48 AM
All the Euro5 buses.  The Solo's will replace older Solo's in Preston
Simon,

What will be replacing them at Heathrow, more Streetlites or is it just reduced workload?

Thanks

Solo1

Is the  kidderminster 32321 streetlite at Heathrow a loan or  tranfer  thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on February 11, 2021, 11:11:21 PM
Is the  kidderminster 32321 streetlite at Heathrow a loan or  tranfer  thanks

Its a transfer

Solo1

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 12, 2021, 08:02:21 AM
Its a transfer
#
Simon  does that mean  20176 to 20180 and the others 218- forgot last number  and 32311  will be going that way  as well.    if so what are they going to be replaced with.
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cedric on February 12, 2021, 10:58:12 AM
#
Simon  does that mean  20176 to 20180 and the others 218- forgot last number  and 32311  will be going that way  as well.    if so what are they going to be replaced with.

Cedric

There is no plan at this time to move anymore vehicles. 

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk