News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DJ on November 10, 2020, 09:51:00 PM
Hi Simon, I posted an idea in another thread, but I thought I'd share it here. Would there be any scope to extend say the 002 to Northfield, even if it was one an hour, to replace the Northfield - Halesowen link that the 44 provides, since it'll be reverting to the 202 in the future? I know others have mentioned on this forum that they find that link useful, but obviously we can't see the passenger figures or anything like that.

We are nervous around touching the 002, as it can suffer from reliability issues.  We will look at your suggestion though

Simon

Cedric

Simon   
32221  is shown  on the tracker today as being on the 10 and the 125.  think it could be 32321 on the 10  as  there are no 125 markings on  it when it   goes past my place.  can you answer a question  for me please  how  many  white  streetlites   are  in kidderminster   cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cedric on November 11, 2020, 03:05:04 PM
Simon   
32221  is shown  on the tracker today as being on the 10 and the 125.  think it could be 32321 on the 10  as  there are no 125 markings on  it when it   goes past my place.  can you answer a question  for me please  how  many  white  streetlites   are  in kidderminster   cedric

Cedric

We have

I think what Tony was given for the fleet list had 20186 in the wrong location

Solo1

I thought 20182 was at Redditch or is on loan from Kidderminster

cris 99

17//72/73/97/X12

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on November 13, 2020, 09:59:11 AM
I thought 20182 was at Redditch or is on loan from Kidderminster

It is at Redditch

Solo1

Westy

Notice you are now putting the screens between the driver & the public.

Good, but it's a bit tight to get your hand in, to scan your pass though.

(The same issue happened on Arriva Cannock Streetlites as well, so it's a common problem for any operator who didn't specify the separate scanner like what NX did!)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on November 24, 2020, 04:37:15 PM
Notice you are now putting the screens between the driver & the public.

Good, but it's a bit tight to get your hand in, to scan your pass though.

(The same issue happened on Arriva Cannock Streetlites as well, so it's a common problem for any operator who didn't specify the separate scanner like what NX did!)

We are working through this.  We need to address any issues that come out of screen fitment

Steve3229vp

20174 BD20 OCL Wright StreetLite from Redditch garage going towards City on the 50 arriving at 1555. There was 21 people (including me) was on this bus, The drivers cab door says capacity of 13. When I got off I questioned the driver he said "Oh, that's all changed". Surely that's not right !

Westy

Capacity notices seem to be missing off various vehicles seen on the 326, so I haven't got a clue whether vehicles are under or over limit.

(I think last Wednesday or Thursday, a Solo was stuck on the journey I normally use coming home(Think it's around 1610 from Bilston, but arrives in Willenhall around 1630!).

I didn't do an actual count, without making it obvious, but I felt it was busier than normal, certainly at one point, one passenger ended up sitting next to another & it wasn't obvious they knew each other.

You mentioned on a previous post, when I last brought it up, that a larger capacity vehicle would be used at times.

Is that still the plan, as it's not very often I see said larger vehicle on service, as it tends to be Solo's of varying sizes, including the ex Central ones, plus a Mellor in the morning, which seems to disappear by the afternoon?(Does that vehicle go onto another route during the day?)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 02, 2020, 05:50:54 PM
20174 BD20 OCL Wright StreetLite from Redditch garage going towards City on the 50 arriving at 1555. There was 21 people (including me) was on this bus, The drivers cab door says capacity of 13. When I got off I questioned the driver he said "Oh, that's all changed". Surely that's not right !

Since we initially produced our capacity guidance.  The CPT/ TfWM have provided guidance which we have updated our approach in line with.  This revised approach has moved the capacity from 13 to a minimum of 18 and up to 26 if passengers are in a social bubble.

I have had the vehicle checked overnight and the new poster wasn't in place.  This has been updated overnight.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on December 02, 2020, 10:35:41 PM
Capacity notices seem to be missing off various vehicles seen on the 326, so I haven't got a clue whether vehicles are under or over limit.

(I think last Wednesday or Thursday, a Solo was stuck on the journey I normally use coming home(Think it's around 1610 from Bilston, but arrives in Willenhall around 1630!).

I didn't do an actual count, without making it obvious, but I felt it was busier than normal, certainly at one point, one passenger ended up sitting next to another & it wasn't obvious they knew each other.

You mentioned on a previous post, when I last brought it up, that a larger capacity vehicle would be used at times.

Is that still the plan, as it's not very often I see said larger vehicle on service, as it tends to be Solo's of varying sizes, including the ex Central ones, plus a Mellor in the morning, which seems to disappear by the afternoon?(Does that vehicle go onto another route during the day?)

I will ask the Operational team to check all the vehicles and make sure any Capacity levels are replaced if missing.

When we undertook our exercise on usage, once journey required a long single deck.  The 326 requires 3 buses, so it depends which bus working this bus is on.

Simon

CX06 BJF

Hi Simon,

Could you tell me the status of 33027, as well as First loanees 69157, 69175 and 69186, please? Thanks in advance.

BD12TCJ

How long do the B10 trainers have left in service at Bolton? And when their time comes to go into retirement, will you be accepting any offers for preservation or are will they go to scrap?
Thanks in advance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk