News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: MW on October 29, 2020, 09:02:19 AM
Do you as an operator prefer Hanover or Mobitec? Is there a massive price difference?

If you ask most operators this question.  I believe they will say Hanover is best.

We actually specify Mobitech.  I couldn't tell you why the perception that Hanover is better.  We use mobitech, because of price no real difference in quality and we see their NextStop solution/ combined with Destination integration with Ticketer as a move forward.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on November 03, 2020, 04:56:44 PM
Apologies for the delayed reply but not been out as much. However I spotted 32211 on a 507 today around 16:15. Paper destination on the front and 575 on the rear.
Some vehicles have been reprogrammed by the looks of it where the number at the front is on the offside however the font seems to be a lot smaller than previously. Just a bit of inconsistency across the fleet.

On another point, really like the positive branding on the 163 Streetdecks and the publicity around it. However the an advert has been stuff over the rear imagery of 40779 which defeats the objective. Is this a mistake or will they even get side adverts too?

I am not are of what you are referring to on 40779.  I have asked to see a picture of it

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 16, 2020, 07:18:05 AM
We have relooked at the tracking.  This incident will be followed up, the driver did fail to serve the first 3 stops

Simon

Looks like it's done it again!

At approx 720am, I'm at Bloxwich. (Since 708am!)

Your apps says it's on Dudleys Fields!

Now a mad dash to catch a Walsall bus then onto Willenhall.

What is your drivers problem?

Jakemat10

Is 20734 still having new mot and repaint thought it would've been back on the road by now

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on November 06, 2020, 07:29:26 AM
Looks like it's done it again!

At approx 720am, I'm at Bloxwich. (Since 708am!)

Your apps says it's on Dudleys Fields!

Now a mad dash to catch a Walsall bus then onto Willenhall.

What is your drivers problem?

You are correct.  Our driver failed to operate the route in full, he cut the start of the first trip.   

This action is obviously against company policy and falls within realms for gross misconduct.  The facts of why this happened, will be investigated and disciplinary action will be taken.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on November 06, 2020, 03:43:04 PM
Is 20734 still having new mot and repaint thought it would've been back on the road by now

The vehicle has been repainted and is just waiting for MOT now

Jakemat10

Thanks for the reply. I've just been told 30946 is now parked over the back yard has no mot And is sorn. Is this now a parts donor or awaiting parts

Thanks
Jake

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 07, 2020, 10:15:03 AM
You are correct.  Our driver failed to operate the route in full, he cut the start of the first trip.   

This action is obviously against company policy and falls within realms for gross misconduct.  The facts of why this happened, will be investigated and disciplinary action will be taken.

Simon

Cheers again

Not asking for names obviously, but it's not the same driver is it?

Would've thought, as I'm a regular on that journey, & it's mainly the same drivers on the service, they should be aware there is a regular pick up at that particular stop on that particular journey!

(Also annoying, is that the service has been 10 minutes late in the past & still turned up at Bloxwich!)

(In fact, on Friday's journey, it affected 2 people, not just 1!)

By the way, obviously the majority of your vehicles do not possess the vandal screens like NX's, which double as the Covid protection.

I might be missing something blindingly obvious here, but if I'm wearing a mask & the driver is also wearing a mask, then why would he still need to hold up a piece of plastic, as additional protection, when he technically does not need to, as we're both wearing masks?

Westy

Quote from: Westy on November 07, 2020, 07:39:50 PM
Cheers again

Not asking for names obviously, but it's not the same driver is it?

Would've thought, as I'm a regular on that journey, & it's mainly the same drivers on the service, they should be aware there is a regular pick up at that particular stop on that particular journey!

(Also annoying, is that the service has been 10 minutes late in the past & still turned up at Bloxwich!)

(In fact, on Friday's journey, it affected 2 people, not just 1!)

By the way, obviously the majority of your vehicles do not possess the vandal screens like NX's, which double as the Covid protection.

I might be missing something blindingly obvious here, but if I'm wearing a mask & the driver is also wearing a mask, then why would he still need to hold up a piece of plastic, as additional protection, when he technically does not need to, as we're both wearing masks?

Interesting to note this mornings bus was 10 minutes late arriving, infact looking at the app tracker, it was in the Bentley area around 715am/720am, & actually goes past my house out of service 5 minutes late!

Trident 4194

Hi Simon,

A family member today got rejected on the 002 for using the £2.85 Sandwell and Dudley diamond ticket from Halesowen to merry hill. Please explain to me why it was turned down as it's clearly accepted on the Website.

Turns out there are 2 £2.85 tickets, one is value the other one Sandwell and Dudley zone. Had been sold the wrong one on the 4H which meant it was refused on the 002. Maybe you could consider changing the prices as you have to admit that is confusing for passengers and drivers alike.

Rejected twice now.
Sort it out please.

Had to pay extra now, to get to a place that the ticket is valid on

Bus Man K2

Hi Simon

I was just wondering when is the 202 being reintroduced? As I have read a news artical thatstates the 202 will be reintroduced but I didn't see a date of reintroduction.

Regards

Bus Man K2

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on November 09, 2020, 03:18:35 PM
Hi Simon

I was just wondering when is the 202 being reintroduced? As I have read a news artical thatstates the 202 will be reintroduced but I didn't see a date of reintroduction.

Regards

Bus Man K2

There has been some dialogue with Worcestershire but nothing has been concluded yet

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on November 07, 2020, 11:06:19 AM
Thanks for the reply. I've just been told 30946 is now parked over the back yard has no mot And is sorn. Is this now a parts donor or awaiting parts

Thanks
Jake

The bus won't be repaired

DJ

Hi Simon, I posted an idea in another thread, but I thought I'd share it here. Would there be any scope to extend say the 002 to Northfield, even if it was one an hour, to replace the Northfield - Halesowen link that the 44 provides, since it'll be reverting to the 202 in the future? I know others have mentioned on this forum that they find that link useful, but obviously we can't see the passenger figures or anything like that.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 09, 2020, 02:44:16 PM
Hi Simon,

A family member today got rejected on the 002 for using the £2.85 Sandwell and Dudley diamond ticket from Halesowen to merry hill. Please explain to me why it was turned down as it's clearly accepted on the Website.

Turns out there are 2 £2.85 tickets, one is value the other one Sandwell and Dudley zone. Had been sold the wrong one on the 4H which meant it was refused on the 002. Maybe you could consider changing the prices as you have to admit that is confusing for passengers and drivers alike.

Rejected twice now.
Sort it out please.

Had to pay extra now, to get to a place that the ticket is valid on

The introduction of Low Fares zones in the West Midlands increased the number of tickets and the complication of tickets in the West Midlands.

The initial effect to our business was to see an increase in Multi Operator tickets, which through the reimbursement mechanism the value we receive is extremely poor.  Therefore, we have had to adjust what we provide.

Under the current government guidance there are limitations on what we can do to fares.  We will review the example you have given and see if we can make this simpler.

Simon 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk