News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cedric on September 02, 2020, 12:43:14 PM
Simon
are the 3 new streetlites   now in kidderninster   permanent or loans ?   are there any more due ?  Cedric

Cedric

The vehicles were originally acquired for Hoppa Services.  Since the Pandemic the usage on these services and the requirements for vehicles have dropped off a cliff.  We have left the racking in for now increase demand increases.  We are using this opportunity as a trial to see if we have newer vehicles, will passenger numbers increase in the area. 

So although it is likely they will go back to Heathrow, if the numbers stack will we will replace with like for like replacements.

Jakemat10

Hi simon just I'm just wondering if you know which depot 20541 is as far as i know it's at redditch

Thanks

Jake

MasterPlan

Hi Simon,

Just a couple of questions about the 44 route.

Is there any reason that it carries on across the traffic lights in Northfield towards Halesowen instead of turning left towards Bell Hill? Because carrying on and then turning left appears to be a lot more difficult, I've seen a few 44s struggle to navigate it past the oncoming traffic. NX services have always used the left turn onto Bell Lane, and just wondered why this isn't used instead.

Also, would it be possible going forward for stops to be implicated either side on Shenley Lane adj Marston Road? As currently there's no stop between Shenley Academy and the Bingo Hall on Barnes Hill. Just thinking it may benefit passengers.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on September 08, 2020, 11:31:00 PM
Hi simon just I'm just wondering if you know which depot 20541 is as far as i know it's at redditch

Thanks

Jake

Its at Redditch

Jakemat10

Westy

Simon

Can you get Tividale to check the Solos please, as the ones I see on the 326, do not seem to have their 'tape' blocking off the seats nearest the driver?

Should the 'tape' still be on the vehicle,  as there is also a school girl sitting regularly in that front seat as well?

Also 30927, & similar vehicles,  what should be the carrying/seating limit, as said vehicle was nearly full?

I'm referring to Covid arrangements if not clear!

Edit - Hopefully clear now!

Jack6101

Tried a new diamond streetlite this morning on the 229 and it was amazing , just a quick question is the 229 booked a solo and a streetlite ,
The investment in new buses in the last 2 years is good to see the last few years diamond has improved so much so good work Simon to you and your team
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack6101 on September 30, 2020, 07:46:11 PM
Tried a new diamond streetlite this morning on the 229 and it was amazing , just a quick question is the 229 booked a solo and a streetlite ,
The investment in new buses in the last 2 years is good to see the last few years diamond has improved so much so good work Simon to you and your team

Jack

The 229 is contracted for Euro 4 vehicles. 

Thank you for your kind comments.  Although the West Midlands business is run by Bob Baker.  Although, I work with Bob very closely.  Bob and the team we have in place, are the ones who deliver service every day without fail

Simon

Westy

Quote from: Westy on September 14, 2020, 06:03:38 PM
Simon - in case it was  missed due to your 'absence '!

Can you get Tividale to check the Solos please, as the ones I see on the 326, do not seem to have their 'tape' blocking off the seats nearest the driver?

Should the 'tape' still be on the vehicle,  as there is also a school girl sitting regularly in that front seat as well?

Also 30927, & similar vehicles,  what should be the carrying/seating limit, as said vehicle was nearly full?

I'm referring to Covid arrangements if not clear!

Edit - Hopefully clear now!

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on October 02, 2020, 03:53:32 PM

Sorry for the delay in response.

Vehicles have specific vehicle capacity limits subject to distances between the seats, and whether or not the vehicle has a headrest, however generally they are all Solo's.  All the Solos have been checked and the correct signage is in place for social distancing.  However, when checked not all had the tape in place to ensure no-one sat near to the driver.  This has been recitified

Simon

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 05, 2020, 12:31:19 PM
Sorry for the delay in response.

Vehicles have specific vehicle capacity limits subject to distances between the seats, and whether or not the vehicle has a headrest, however generally they are all Solo's.  All the Solos have been checked and the correct signage is in place for social distancing.  However, when checked not all had the tape in place to ensure no-one sat near to the driver.  This has been recitified

Simon

Cheers.

I'll report back from Monday, as I'm off this week, in case some of your regular drivers, who seem to know me by sight, were wondering where I was!

Jakemat10

I've noticed 20734 is now sorn and mot ran out is this bus withdrawn now?

Thanks

Jake

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on October 09, 2020, 10:27:45 PM
I've noticed 20734 is now sorn and mot ran out is this bus withdrawn now?

Thanks

Jake

No - the vehicle is in the process of being painted

Jakemat10

Thanks for reply also just come across 30932 is parked in the yard at tividale is this being prepped for the scrap yard or mot work

Thanks

Jake

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 11, 2020, 03:16:13 PM
No - the vehicle is in the process of being painted

New livery? I'm glad it's not being scrapped, it's one powerful vehicle if driven properly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk