News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 28, 2020, 02:46:38 PM
Hi Simon

Do you kniw if any of the new vehicles coming into the Rotala fleet will be coming to Diamond WM or is it DBNW/Preston that will be getting more vehicles.

Secondly, with regards to the duplicates that the 226, 002 and 401E are having, how will they work at bus stations like Bradford Place, Halesowen and MH and the requirement for "slots" for the stands?

Finally, do you know what will be happening with the 228 as Staffs are saying on their site that it won't be running past 28th Sept but its gone quiet on the Diamond website.

Tom

Tom

The Dupes are being run at the request of TfWM - so they are fully aware and I am sure they will have thought about the capacity when we had that discussion

We have been open that the service is loosing money and our desire is to terminate.  At the present, we have to have authority to terminate any service.  Staffordshire have agreed we can terminate on 28/09, and I believe they have another operator who will pick it up at that point.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 28, 2020, 02:46:38 PM
Hi Simon

Do you kniw if any of the new vehicles coming into the Rotala fleet will be coming to Diamond WM or is it DBNW/Preston that will be getting more vehicles.

Secondly, with regards to the duplicates that the 226, 002 and 401E are having, how will they work at bus stations like Bradford Place, Halesowen and MH and the requirement for "slots" for the stands?

Finally, do you know what will be happening with the 228 as Staffs are saying on their site that it won't be running past 28th Sept but its gone quiet on the Diamond website.

Tom

Tom

Sorry Tividale is due some more Single decks. 

Simon

Solo1

What will the buses do after running the dupe services on 002 226 401e

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on August 29, 2020, 05:33:13 AM
What will the buses do after running the dupe services on 002 226 401e

A number are purely operating AM & PM peak services

IMarkeh

Hi Simon, please can I ask when will 21200 and 21201 be repainted? Currently 21200 is in Ribble Valley livery and 21201 is just in light blue with a grey side panel. Repainting these would bring them in line with the other Mellors in the fleet and make it look a lot more presentable on the 217 and given it runs in an area with potential growth for the company, it would help passengers identify your buses and improve the public's perception of Diamond.

Also, any plans to repaint some of Hallmarks buses to create more of a uniform fleet down there. The buses in Oxford don't have the red top and front.

Thanks,
Mark

Solo1

Nice of Diamond management to let their drivers know that the 4H stand in WB has changed from Stand C to Stand A so as usual their blocking the stand for the 3/3A

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on August 30, 2020, 06:03:31 PM
Hi Simon, please can I ask when will 21200 and 21201 be repainted? Currently 21200 is in Ribble Valley livery and 21201 is just in light blue with a grey side panel. Repainting these would bring them in line with the other Mellors in the fleet and make it look a lot more presentable on the 217 and given it runs in an area with potential growth for the company, it would help passengers identify your buses and improve the public's perception of Diamond.

Also, any plans to repaint some of Hallmarks buses to create more of a uniform fleet down there. The buses in Oxford don't have the red top and front.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark

We have had a large PVR increase from this week and next.  We will continue to paint vehicles, but the vehicles in the worst condition take priority.

In terms of Hallmark.  The vehicles operating in Oxford are "Hoppa" buses.  we are redeploying them in the short term.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WB Driver on September 01, 2020, 10:04:58 AM
Nice of Diamond management to let their drivers know that the 4H stand in WB has changed from Stand C to Stand A so as usual their blocking the stand for the 3/3A

Thank you

Westy

326 is behaving itself so far, so thank you for whatever you said to Tividale.

Will keep notes, but is there anything else you need besides the fleet number?

Cedric

Simon
are the 3 new streetlites   now in kidderninster   permanent or loans ?   are there any more due ?  Cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

IMarkeh

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 02, 2020, 07:45:10 AM
Mark

We have had a large PVR increase from this week and next.  We will continue to paint vehicles, but the vehicles in the worst condition take priority.

In terms of Hallmark.  The vehicles operating in Oxford are "Hoppa" buses.  we are redeploying them in the short term.

Simon
Thank you for getting back to me. I look forward to seeing buses as they get repainted.

Also, great news on your new buses. Can I ask why you didn't get them re registered as 70 plate given they never went into service until yesterday when the 70 plate started.

Cedric

Quote from: Cedric on September 02, 2020, 12:43:14 PM
Simon
are the 3 new streetlites   now in kidderninster   permanent or loans ?   are there any more due ?  Cedric

Simon   
article in local paper has answer my question  , will they be stopping in white livery ? nice picture  of one of them as  he was standing in the doors is local mp becoming  a diamond driver  (ha ha)
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on September 02, 2020, 10:00:58 AM
326 is behaving itself so far, so thank you for whatever you said to Tividale.

Will keep notes, but is there anything else you need besides the fleet number?

If you have a problem we need to be able to identify which driver it is.  Therefore ideally fleet numbers, and detail around what you consider the issue is.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on September 02, 2020, 09:36:01 PM
Thank you for getting back to me. I look forward to seeing buses as they get repainted.

Also, great news on your new buses. Can I ask why you didn't get them re registered as 70 plate given they never went into service until yesterday when the 70 plate started.

I have just been asking the same question of Wrights!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk