News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakemat10

Has 20732 gone to Kidderminster as it's been tracking on the 145 for 2 days now

Thanks

Jake

WWH44L

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 18, 2020, 09:21:32 PM
Jason

There are a lot of unknowns at present.  October tenders, there will be additional requirements from September for Department for Education.  How long will this last?  So at the minute, we don't know.

Simon

Cheers Simon, appreciate your reply.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on August 20, 2020, 10:52:56 PM
Simon

Is there likely to be any changes to the 326 soon?

If not, it appears from the 30/8, the NX 60 which shares the stop in Bloxwich will retime to 0718, which will possibly clash with the 0715 326, if it runs late within the 'window of tolarance' previously mentioned.

Can you inform the depot to keep an eye out for intending passengers, if the NX bus is at the stop already, because we won't be happy if the driver drives past, thinking there's no passengers.

If the weather's ok, I'll stand away from the stop & try & attract your driver's attention, but if the weather's crap, I'm going in the shelter!

There isnt any intended changes.  We will communicate this to our drivers

Damo

Hello Simon,

Surrey County Council have made mention that there is to be a revised service on the Hallmark 555 from next week. This may just be extending a journey to Whiteley Park to replace the withdrawn Falcon 564, but is it possible Hallmark could make an announcement so we can plan journeys an know for certain if there will be changes to other routes also (such as the 458 returning to full frequency or not, and the situation with weekend frequencies)?

Many thanks,

Westy

Strange question, but are all ex Central Solo's programmed with the correct displays for Tividale routes?

Don't know if it's the same vehicle, but at least one, the drivers cannot set the 326.

The one morning, the vehicle had to display 'Not In Service', as the driver said something about a list that was incorrect.

When I saw the vehicle later the same day, the display had changed to 'Diamond'.

This morning, the vehicle that arrived again showed 'Diamond'!

Westy

Quote from: Westy on August 26, 2020, 10:44:43 PM
Strange question, but are all ex Central Solo's programmed with the correct displays for Tividale routes?

Don't know if it's the same vehicle, but at least one, the drivers cannot set the 326.

The one morning, the vehicle had to display 'Not In Service', as the driver said something about a list that was incorrect.

When I saw the vehicle later the same day, the display had changed to 'Diamond'.

Bus with similar problem this morning.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on August 26, 2020, 10:44:43 PM

They should be all set.  Some vehicles still have the Centrad blinds in, which we are struggling to programme.  Which vehicle was it?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cedric on August 18, 2020, 12:02:37 AM
Simon 
any chance of the 1\3/10  having the timetables  back to normal any time soon . the last two weeks  i  when i have been on a 10 people have been left at the bus station .or the first stop in oxford street. the last time it was a vehicle only able to carry 13  maybe on a thursday  you could put on one that seats 20. and any news of the change to the 4 and 7 being rerouted and combined  .i know it will proberly not for a while . that you can do  anything  about .as i know times are difficult for diamond an the rest of the public transport industry   1 thing have noticed  durning this time the 1 and 10  look as they are being interworked and it seams to be  working well  for time keeping. and with slight change to route due to road woks seams to  help time keeping also. i know you will have  a better view  on that than me.cedric

Cedric

I know nothing about the 4 and 7 being re-routed.

In terms of the 1 and 10.  We plan to increase these in a few weeks. 

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on August 18, 2020, 03:00:00 PM
Hi Simon, with the new Streetdecks being delivered into Bolton and the release of the B7RLES back to First, do you know what other vehicles from the current fleet will be leaving? I'm presuming the sole MAN and the two Versas will be on the list.
Many thanks
Jason

We haven't decided.  Although eventually we will potentially end up with too many vehicles.  This isn't going to happen until 2021

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on August 21, 2020, 10:54:56 AM
Has 20732 gone to Kidderminster as it's been tracking on the 145 for 2 days now

Thanks

Jake

There will be a lot of fleet movements due to Additional requirements for schools going back

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on August 20, 2020, 10:52:56 PM
Simon

Is there likely to be any changes to the 326 soon?

If not, it appears from the 30/8, the NX 60 which shares the stop in Bloxwich will retime to 0718, which will possibly clash with the 0715 326, if it runs late within the 'window of tolarance' previously mentioned.

Can you inform the depot to keep an eye out for intending passengers, if the NX bus is at the stop already, because we won't be happy if the driver drives past, thinking there's no passengers.

If the weather's ok, I'll stand away from the stop & try & attract your driver's attention, but if the weather's crap, I'm going in the shelter!

There are no route intended route changes.  One of the buses will be a Euro 4 Longer vehicle from next week, to support Social distancing guidance

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Damon on August 26, 2020, 11:47:19 AM
Hello Simon,

Surrey County Council have made mention that there is to be a revised service on the Hallmark 555 from next week. This may just be extending a journey to Whiteley Park to replace the withdrawn Falcon 564, but is it possible Hallmark could make an announcement so we can plan journeys an know for certain if there will be changes to other routes also (such as the 458 returning to full frequency or not, and the situation with weekend frequencies)?

Many thanks,

We will be back to full service from 31st August 2020.  This includes the extension from Hersham green 07:34 to Whiteley Park at Whitely village 07:41

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 28, 2020, 07:29:56 AM
Cedric

I know nothing about the 4 and 7 being re-routed.

In terms of the 1 and 10.  We plan to increase these in a few weeks. 

Simon
thanks simon
diamond 8\10/125/292

the trainbasher

Hi Simon

Do you kniw if any of the new vehicles coming into the Rotala fleet will be coming to Diamond WM or is it DBNW/Preston that will be getting more vehicles.

Secondly, with regards to the duplicates that the 226, 002 and 401E are having, how will they work at bus stations like Bradford Place, Halesowen and MH and the requirement for "slots" for the stands?

Finally, do you know what will be happening with the 228 as Staffs are saying on their site that it won't be running past 28th Sept but its gone quiet on the Diamond website.

Tom

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 28, 2020, 07:27:59 AM
They should be all set.  Some vehicles still have the Centrad blinds in, which we are struggling to programme.  Which vehicle was it?

20887, as mentioned above your reply.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk