News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BD12TCJ

What is Rotalas position on bus franchising? Is the company in favour of it or are they against it?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BD12TCJ on August 13, 2020, 08:46:25 PM
What is Rotalas position on bus franchising? Is the company in favour of it or are they against it?

Franchising would create Business opportunities and risks.  Overall, the opportunities outweigh the risks and therefore looking at it purely from a business perspective it would be positive for Rotala. 

That being said, I am against Franchising, and therefore so are Rotala.  Why?  I consider that in the long term Market interests the best results are delivered in Partnership.  There are a lot of issues with the market, the CC/OfT intervention a few years back didn't put this right and I see no inclination now to address these.  However, introducing more political interference, or control isn't the answer.

Simon

BD12TCJ

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 14, 2020, 07:06:08 AM
Franchising would create Business opportunities and risks.  Overall, the opportunities outweigh the risks and therefore looking at it purely from a business perspective it would be positive for Rotala. 

That being said, I am against Franchising, and therefore so are Rotala.  Why?  I consider that in the long term Market interests the best results are delivered in Partnership.  There are a lot of issues with the market, the CC/OfT intervention a few years back didn't put this right and I see no inclination now to address these.  However, introducing more political interference, or control isn't the answer.

Simon

Interesting answer, thanks for the reply.

Bus Man K2

Hi @Simon Dunn  I was just wondering will there ever be a new edition of the 401E timetable. This is as since the timetable hasbeen taken off the 4/4H & 4M edition there has not been a new edition.

Thanks

Regards

Bus Man K2

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 15, 2020, 12:54:47 PM
Hi @Simon Dunn  I was just wondering will there ever be a new edition of the 401E timetable. This is as since the timetable hasbeen taken off the 4/4H & 4M edition there has not been a new edition.

Thanks

Regards

Bus Man K2

We will look at it.

Simon

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 15, 2020, 02:47:20 PM
We will look at it.

Simon

Thanks for the response.

Will this be available at travelshops if you do produce one, or will they just be available bia the net and on the buses?

Also Will the following ones be produced as Diamond editions.
89 Solihull
145 & 145A Droitwich

Regards

Bus Man K2

Jakemat10

I have just seen a picture of 30947 with smoke blowing all out the engine the bus has had problems since last year wouldn't it be worth an engine change

Thanks

Jake

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 15, 2020, 03:37:09 PM
Thanks for the response.

Will this be available at travelshops if you do produce one, or will they just be available bia the net and on the buses?

Also Will the following ones be produced as Diamond editions.
89 Solihull
145 & 145A Droitwich

Regards

Bus Man K2

The 146 no longer operates.  I believe the 89 is produced by TfWM.  I believe the 192 features in our Kidderminster guide.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 17, 2020, 07:00:06 AM
The 146 no longer operates.  I believe the 89 is produced by TfWM.  I believe the 192 features in our Kidderminster guide.

I have yet to see a TfWM timetable for the 89.

I thought the 146 had been withdrawn and obviously is, but it's still shown as operating on your website.

Stu

A polite reminder for ALL members

This topic is strictly for asking questions about Diamond Buses for Simon Dunn to respond to.

It is not for general discussion amongst members, if anyone wants to discuss such things raised in this topic, then please start a new topic.

This is why posts are being removed from this topic, in case anyone is wondering.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on August 17, 2020, 06:07:29 PM
A polite reminder for ALL members

This topic is strictly for asking questions about Diamond Buses for Simon Dunn to respond to.

It is not for general discussion amongst members, if anyone wants to discuss such things raised in this topic, then please start a new topic.

This is why posts are being removed from this topic, in case anyone is wondering.

I have also removed a post asking for information about an NX service!

Cedric

Simon 
any chance of the 1\3/10  having the timetables  back to normal any time soon . the last two weeks  i  when i have been on a 10 people have been left at the bus station .or the first stop in oxford street. the last time it was a vehicle only able to carry 13  maybe on a thursday  you could put on one that seats 20. and any news of the change to the 4 and 7 being rerouted and combined  .i know it will proberly not for a while . that you can do  anything  about .as i know times are difficult for diamond an the rest of the public transport industry   1 thing have noticed  durning this time the 1 and 10  look as they are being interworked and it seams to be  working well  for time keeping. and with slight change to route due to road woks seams to  help time keeping also. i know you will have  a better view  on that than me.cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

WWH44L

Hi Simon, with the new Streetdecks being delivered into Bolton and the release of the B7RLES back to First, do you know what other vehicles from the current fleet will be leaving? I'm presuming the sole MAN and the two Versas will be on the list.
Many thanks
Jason

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on August 18, 2020, 03:00:00 PM
Hi Simon, with the new Streetdecks being delivered into Bolton and the release of the B7RLES back to First, do you know what other vehicles from the current fleet will be leaving? I'm presuming the sole MAN and the two Versas will be on the list.
Many thanks
Jason

Jason

There are a lot of unknowns at present.  October tenders, there will be additional requirements from September for Department for Education.  How long will this last?  So at the minute, we don't know.

Simon

Westy

Simon

Is there likely to be any changes to the 326 soon?

If not, it appears from the 30/8, the NX 60 which shares the stop in Bloxwich will retime to 0718, which will possibly clash with the 0715 326, if it runs late within the 'window of tolarance' previously mentioned.

Can you inform the depot to keep an eye out for intending passengers, if the NX bus is at the stop already, because we won't be happy if the driver drives past, thinking there's no passengers.

If the weather's ok, I'll stand away from the stop & try & attract your driver's attention, but if the weather's crap, I'm going in the shelter!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk