News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on July 23, 2020, 11:46:24 PM
Would you consider bringing 30897 down to tividale along with 21109

Thanks

Jake

At the present moment in time, it makes sense to keep the vehicles were they are

Cedric

Simon   when will remaining  services in wyre  forest area   be back on normal timetables please. the 1/2/3/10/42/302/303
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cedric on July 25, 2020, 02:53:30 PM
Simon   when will remaining  services in wyre  forest area   be back on normal timetables please. the 1/2/3/10/42/302/303

Cedric

1, 3, 10, 42, 43

We are waiting to see what happens with demand

We are looking at re-instating from 10th August

Is a School day service. 

Is operating full timetable, and has been for a while

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 25, 2020, 10:04:18 PM
Cedric

1, 3, 10, 42, 43

We are waiting to see what happens with demand

We are looking at re-instating from 10th August

Is a School day service. 

Is operating full timetable, and has been for a while

thanks for that simon
diamond 8\10/125/292

Jakemat10

This is a long shot but are any darts going in for repaint

Thanks

Jake

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on July 27, 2020, 09:52:17 PM
This is a long shot but are any darts going in for repaint

Thanks

Jake

I wouldn't have thought so

Westy

Simon

Can you do something about the 715am 326 from Bloxwich, as it's always late, or in this case , not arrived at all.

Your social media is told every time there is a problem,  but nothing seems to be done.

Stu

Hi Simon,

Now that The Green Bus have introduced a new service 242 operating between Kinver and Merry Hill Centre (albeit for the next 5 weeks only), would you be able to confirm for me that Diamond have now withdrawn their 228 service?

Given your concerns about the viability of this service, it would seem incomprehensible to me if TGB were operating this 242 alongside your 228. Or perhaps the 228 service has been curtailed?

There's no further information on this on the Diamond Bus website.

Thanks in advance!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on July 29, 2020, 07:35:40 PM
Hi Simon,

Now that The Green Bus have introduced a new service 242 operating between Kinver and Merry Hill Centre (albeit for the next 5 weeks only), would you be able to confirm for me that Diamond have now withdrawn their 228 service?

Given your concerns about the viability of this service, it would seem incomprehensible to me if TGB were operating this 242 alongside your 228. Or perhaps the 228 service has been curtailed?

There's no further information on this on the Diamond Bus website.

Thanks in advance!

We were unable to use the short term deregistration mechanism put in by the DfT as a result of COVID.  We are therefore serving the requirement notice.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on July 29, 2020, 07:55:32 AM
Simon

Can you do something about the 715am 326 from Bloxwich, as it's always late, or in this case , not arrived at all.

Your social media is told every time there is a problem,  but nothing seems to be done.

When did you have this problem?  I will then look at the day in question

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 01, 2020, 09:02:28 AM
When did you have this problem?  I will then look at the day in question

29/7/2020 - Wednesday just gone, but generally always seems to be 5 to 10 mins late as a rule anyway.

On a previous occasion( don't have the date to hand!), it was 20 mins late, & when it arrived, the lady driver said she had been told to start further along the route, to catch up, but she had told her boss she'd catch up.

Also yesterday, despite arriving at the Bloxwich stop in plenty of time, your new driver to the route hadn't been made aware of a problem at the Sneyd Lane junction, due to roadworks.

It appears while your 31 (& Nx's journeys on the 31, plus 60 & 70) didn't have a problem with access, the 326 is unable to turn left out of of Dudleys Fields Estate onto Sneyd Lane (& consquently cannot turn right from Sneyd Lane onto Dudleys Fields either!), so your driver had a problem until I sent him back to the Robert Peel traffic lights, by turning right instead & sending him up Broad Lane & Mossley & turning right (where the 31's turn left!) back onto Sneyd Lane onto proper route.

When I came home, driver on that journey presumbly correctly with the diversion went straight along Sneyd Lane. missing out Dudleys Fields, as he couldn't turn right.

What should be the official diversion in this case?

Bus Man K2

Hi @Simon Dunn  I was just wondering is there any news on the 228 front yet? Only as the website doesn't say anything else other than what was put up on the 15/07.

Thanks

Regards

Bus Man K2

Simon Dunn

At the present moment in time we are serving the 70 days notice period.  The end date is sometime during September 20

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 02, 2020, 06:47:27 PM
At the present moment in time we are serving the 70 days notice period.  The end date is sometime during September 20

Ok Thanks.

Is there any plans to integrate this service with another one? Something like the 228/250 may be? So that might help with patronage as I know the 250 is  quite a popular route.  So you could run it as Kinver to Stourbridge 228 link it up  with the 250, or even link it up with the 142 as someone did say in a separate post.

Westy

Quote from: Westy on August 01, 2020, 12:00:11 PM
29/7/2020 - Wednesday just gone, but generally always seems to be 5 to 10 mins late as a rule anyway.

On a previous occasion( don't have the date to hand!), it was 20 mins late, & when it arrived, the lady driver said she had been told to start further along the route, to catch up, but she had told her boss she'd catch up.

Also yesterday, despite arriving at the Bloxwich stop in plenty of time, your new driver to the route hadn't been made aware of a problem at the Sneyd Lane junction, due to roadworks.

It appears while your 31 (& Nx's journeys on the 31, plus 60 & 70) didn't have a problem with access, the 326 is unable to turn left out of of Dudleys Fields Estate onto Sneyd Lane (& consquently cannot turn right from Sneyd Lane onto Dudleys Fields either!), so your driver had a problem until I sent him back to the Robert Peel traffic lights, by turning right instead & sending him up Broad Lane & Mossley & turning right (where the 31's turn left!) back onto Sneyd Lane onto proper route.

When I came home, driver on that journey presumbly correctly with the diversion went straight along Sneyd Lane. missing out Dudleys Fields, as he couldn't turn right.

What should be the official diversion in this case?

Update this morning,  different driver not aware of diversion either.

Not told by manager.

I told him to go through Mossley as well!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk