News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 12, 2020, 01:17:15 PM
Nobody should be wearing a hoodie or trainers.  Since 17th March, we have continued to recruit drivers, and I am aware that due to shutdowns new drivers have asked to wear Dark trousers/white shirt.

If you can give me the specific dates/times of the drivers in breach or even route I will pick this up with the depot
Hi Simon

It was a few months ago, before the lockdown, when I saw this and can't remember the exact date and time.  It was drivers on Tividale routes wearing non company uniform, such as hoodies and jackets.  Some have been wearing other operator uniform.

the trainbasher

Hi Simon,

Out of interest, what guidance has Rotala had from the Government regarding the compulsory wearing of face coverings from next Monday, and how does Rotala plan to enforce the requirements (I.e. will it be ensuring the driver phones the police, or is it going to be a case of just telling the drivers to leave it be)

The reason I ask is because it is well known that some members of society do in fact suffer from what is known from "hidden disabilities", such as Autism and Asperger's Syndrome, and whilst those two can show themselves so different ways, some people who suffer from those conditions can struggle to cope with things around their face, and so could potentially find it worrying to find somebody shouting at them or demanding that they wear a covering.

Tom

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 12, 2020, 02:38:09 PM
Hi Simon,

Out of interest, what guidance has Rotala had from the Government regarding the compulsory wearing of face coverings from next Monday, and how does Rotala plan to enforce the requirements (I.e. will it be ensuring the driver phones the police, or is it going to be a case of just telling the drivers to leave it be)

The reason I ask is because it is well known that some members of society do in fact suffer from what is known from "hidden disabilities", such as Autism and Asperger's Syndrome, and whilst those two can show themselves so different ways, some people who suffer from those conditions can struggle to cope with things around their face, and so could potentially find it worrying to find somebody shouting at them or demanding that they wear a covering.

Tom

Tom

Government guidance has come through industry trade bodies.  The guidance has been moving around a little. We have put out a statement on social media and our website, which tries to mirror the guidance provided.

In essence, the government is trying to create an expectation on people, and there is an acceptance that there will be people who cannot comply due to a variety of reasons

Simon

l.murphy123

Simon would you be interested in any Staffordshire routes that were subsidised by SCC?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon Dunn

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 17, 2020, 02:32:57 PM
Simon would you be interested in any Staffordshire routes that were subsidised by SCC?

Assuming we can operate from our current depot(s) and provide a proper level of service, then we will consider any opportunity

Jakemat10

The 74A has become quite packed just lately wasn't able to social distance on it today would you consider adding another bus and putting the timetable to every 30 minutes

Thanks

Jake

Jakemat10

30985 tracking on the 401E is this a ticket machine change Over fault it has it returned to service

Thanks

Jake

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on July 03, 2020, 12:25:45 AM
The 74A has become quite packed just lately wasn't able to social distance on it today would you consider adding another bus and putting the timetable to every 30 minutes

Thanks

Jake

We submit data daily to TfWM for tendered services.  The 74A has had some capacity issues, but not enough to warrant TfWM funding additional resource.

Solo1

What buses have recently been repainted into the new livery thank you

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on July 08, 2020, 09:31:10 AM
30985 tracking on the 401E is this a ticket machine change Over fault it has it returned to service

Thanks

Jake

What is 30985?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on July 09, 2020, 06:05:34 AM
What buses have recently been repainted into the new livery thank you

There has been loads painted. 

Solo1

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 09, 2020, 04:25:30 PM
There has been loads painted.
do you know which  ones at Kidderminster Redditch & tividale have been painted into the new livery. I make it 17 buses! In new livery

Jakemat10

30885 Sorry and I assume the other buses off the road 30638/639 etc will return soon ?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on July 09, 2020, 10:14:54 PM
30885 Sorry and I assume the other buses off the road 30638/639 etc will return soon ?

On the 19th July we see a circa 15% service increase.  At this point a number of vehicles will re-enter service

the trainbasher

Why are diamond suspending the 228 service?

You do realise that people rely on that vital service to get from Kinver to Stourbridge and Merry Hill. How are they supposed to access vital health care services at Corbetts and Russells Hall?

It is effectively stranding people who live in Kinver and the surrounding villages by withdrawing their bus service.

Have you even thought to consult with local councillors who represent residents who live on that route before removing their bus service?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk