News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Hi Simon

With Social Distancing being the key phrase, have Rotala thought about reintroducing deckers to the Diamond WM fleet (I know they had them on Diamond branded routes prior to Rotala taking over back in '08 and on central connect routes until they merged with diamond)

I mean, surely they would be useful especially on routes such as the 16/4/50 and WMB routes, especially with a decker being able to help social distancing better

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on May 20, 2020, 12:14:53 PM
In regards to the new 44, the Diamond site says this will serve Northfield. Which I don't think the 202 used to.
Which route will this service take between Quinton and Northfield? Will it still go through Bartley Green?

"Will be replaced with NEW 44 route, which will operate hourly Monday to Saturday from Halesowen to Bromsgrove via Quinton, Northfield, Rubery, Lydiate Ash and Princess of Wales Hospital, Bromsgrove."

Hi @Simon Dunn  with regards to what @2206   said, which route will it take? Also with regards to printed information (timetable publication) will there be a timetable available for customers/bus enthusiasts to pick up?

Thanks

Regards

Bus Man K2

DD12

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 20, 2020, 11:56:29 AM
The 146 is mainly used by Pensioners post 0930.  The service has been lost making for a while, and with this fact and current government guidance to pensioners it seems commercial suicide to re-introduce.

The 303 was a successful service, until the train guards were removed from Kidderminster train station.  The effect of which means that people now effectively travel for free by train and the service has been poor ever since. 

We have discussed this with WCC, and they are unable to influence control.  We discussed this and the 302 with WCC this week and we have a further conversation planned.  We are looking at options, but ultimately we need to know for all our benefit how we are going to create a viable service.

Thanks very much Simon for that detailed reply.

Good Health to everyone at Diamond !

Cedric

Quote from: DD12 on May 20, 2020, 11:09:58 AM

Hi Simon,
The latest announcements can be read as meaning the 146 and 303 have been permanently withdrawn,  --  is that correct ??

Thanks.

Simon  while a can see your point about the financial  costs of running services . a couple  of points  the  303 does not go by railway  station now . so i can not see people going up there to get a free ride on the train and risk getting  caught at Worcester. and there is only one station along the route and it is quite a walk from the village  and only a couple of trains stop there and station build are now used for other things so after that village which is the first one out of kidderminster. along the rest of the route people have no access to any public   transport.
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on May 20, 2020, 12:14:53 PM
In regards to the new 44, the Diamond site says this will serve Northfield. Which I don't think the 202 used to.
Which route will this service take between Quinton and Northfield? Will it still go through Bartley Green?

"Will be replaced with NEW 44 route, which will operate hourly Monday to Saturday from Halesowen to Bromsgrove via Quinton, Northfield, Rubery, Lydiate Ash and Princess of Wales Hospital, Bromsgrove."

We have changed the route - with a view to improving the commercial viability

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 20, 2020, 12:59:44 PM
Hi Simon

With Social Distancing being the key phrase, have Rotala thought about reintroducing deckers to the Diamond WM fleet (I know they had them on Diamond branded routes prior to Rotala taking over back in '08 and on central connect routes until they merged with diamond)

I mean, surely they would be useful especially on routes such as the 16/4/50 and WMB routes, especially with a decker being able to help social distancing better

It is a possibility - at present we do not have any capacity to do thing.  However, we do have 128 (from memory) in build.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cedric on May 20, 2020, 02:10:46 PM
Simon  while a can see your point about the financial  costs of running services . a couple  of points  the  303 does not go by railway  station now . so i can not see people going up there to get a free ride on the train and risk getting  caught at Worcester. and there is only one station along the route and it is quite a walk from the village  and only a couple of trains stop there and station build are now used for other things so after that village which is the first one out of kidderminster. along the rest of the route people have no access to any public   transport.

Cedric

We took our the railway station connection for this very point.   

Simon

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 20, 2020, 02:45:49 PM
Cedric

We took our the railway station connection for this very point.   

Simon
simon
i was under the impression   that  the mainline railway stopped you going in there.
cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Trident 4194

Hi Simon, I have noticed you have taken down the 4H changes from the 31st May which initially said that the frequency would be every 10 minutes? Has that plan been abandoned now as it doesn't show on the website.

Thanks

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 24, 2020, 09:08:40 AM
Hi Simon, I have noticed you have taken down the 4H changes from the 31st May which initially said that the frequency would be every 10 minutes? Has that plan been abandoned now as it doesn't show on the website.

Thanks

Hi Simon, just to add to this question, the Diamond West Midlands website service changes page did originally state that all West Midlands services would return to normal timetables from 31st May, but this appears to have been changed since:
https://www.diamondbuses.com/west-midlands/service-updates/wm-service-changes-may20/

I presume there has been a change of plan then?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on May 24, 2020, 07:59:18 PM
Hi Simon, just to add to this question, the Diamond West Midlands website service changes page did originally state that all West Midlands services would return to normal timetables from 31st May, but this appears to have been changed since:
https://www.diamondbuses.com/west-midlands/service-updates/wm-service-changes-may20/

I presume there has been a change of plan then?

We expected the full scheme of the CBSSG to be published.  At present there is a lot of detail missing.

Jakemat10

Bus tracker isn't showing buses on the map

Thanks

Jake

BD12TCJ

Are all the buses that have recently moved to Bolton on loan or are they permanent transfers?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BD12TCJ on May 26, 2020, 03:48:46 PM
Are all the buses that have recently moved to Bolton on loan or are they permanent transfers?

I am not sure what you mean by all the buses.

The Volvo decker - for the foreseeable future then yes.  The 4 x E200's - again I think so.

Simon

cris 99

hi simon what 4 E200s have gone to Bolton
17//72/73/97/X12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk