News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 04, 2020, 07:03:56 PM
Thank you.  I have requested that it is updated

Simon

Simon,

Another one to add to the list -
30 Solihull - Acocks Green also needs removing!

Matt

IMarkeh

Speaking of maps, will any be done for Bolton and Eccles depots?

Also, is there any plans to put PrestonBus onto the BusHub website system? Their current website is quite dated and it would allow passengers to track their bus which currently they can't do and it will provide greater consistency through the Rotala group.

midlandred2003

Are 32311 & 32315 available for service at tividale?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on May 08, 2020, 01:06:59 PM
Speaking of maps, will any be done for Bolton and Eccles depots?

Also, is there any plans to put PrestonBus onto the BusHub website system? Their current website is quite dated and it would allow passengers to track their bus which currently they can't do and it will provide greater consistency through the Rotala group.

All our commercial arrangements for all our websites expire in December 2020.  We have been reviewing our options.   Nothing will change until we come to conclusion on this.   

Jakemat10

I've seen a post saying 30805 has been transferred to tividale  and is it for service or the scrap yard If true

Thanks

Jake

BD12TCJ

Is 30211 ever making a comeback?

30211 is an 02 plate DAF/Cadet that has been scrapped

cris 99

Hi simon can you tell me if there are any more new vehicles due since 32312-32318 hare arrived?
17//72/73/97/X12

How come the Kingstanding 25 has been cancelled?

PD0001374/503 Cancelled (Short notice)
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Kingstanding Circle to Bloxwich, Park Road via Pheasey, Gt Barr, Pelsall
Service number: 025
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 13 Jun 2020

Has the tender for that service been lost to another operator?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on May 14, 2020, 01:01:12 AM
I've seen a post saying 30805 has been transferred to tividale  and is it for service or the scrap yard If true

Thanks

Jake

Jake

We have at present around 30 - too many buses spare for the West Midlands and in total around 60 across the business.  This fits into this category,  What happens, will depend upon whether there are additional requirements created as a result of social distancing.

We simply don't know at present what this means, and we are waiting to see what happens

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: cris 99 on May 17, 2020, 12:54:13 PM
Hi simon can you tell me if there are any more new vehicles due since 32312-32318 hare arrived?

We have the order with Wrights, which has a delivery schedule which was original planned to deliver all during 2020.  With factory shut downs, and the impact of Corona Virus this will not now happen. 

We expect deliveries to commence again, in early July within the next batch there are vehicles for Manchester, Preston and Birmingham.  we will see what happens

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on May 19, 2020, 02:26:01 PM
How come the Kingstanding 25 has been cancelled?

PD0001374/503 Cancelled (Short notice)
DIAMOND BUS LTD
Route: Kingstanding Circle to Bloxwich, Park Road via Pheasey, Gt Barr, Pelsall
Service number: 025
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 13 Jun 2020

Has the tender for that service been lost to another operator?

We lost the tender to I believe to Walsall Community Transport. 

DD12

Hi Simon,
The latest announcements can be read as meaning the 146 and 303 have been permanently withdrawn,  --  is that correct ??

Thanks.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DD12 on May 20, 2020, 11:09:58 AM
Hi Simon,
The latest announcements can be read as meaning the 146 and 303 have been permanently withdrawn,  --  is that correct ??

Thanks.

The 146 is mainly used by Pensioners post 0930.  The service has been lost making for a while, and with this fact and current government guidance to pensioners it seems commercial suicide to re-introduce.

The 303 was a successful service, until the train guards were removed from Kidderminster train station.  The effect of which means that people now effectively travel for free by train and the service has been poor ever since. 

We have discussed this with WCC, and they are unable to influence control.  We discussed this and the 302 with WCC this week and we have a further conversation planned.  We are looking at options, but ultimately we need to know for all our benefit how we are going to create a viable service. 

In regards to the new 44, the Diamond site says this will serve Northfield. Which I don't think the 202 used to.
Which route will this service take between Quinton and Northfield? Will it still go through Bartley Green?

"Will be replaced with NEW 44 route, which will operate hourly Monday to Saturday from Halesowen to Bromsgrove via Quinton, Northfield, Rubery, Lydiate Ash and Princess of Wales Hospital, Bromsgrove."
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 20, 2020, 06:48:23 AM
We lost the tender to I believe to Walsall Community Transport.

Hi @Simon Dunn  just to say yes you are correct to say that you have lost the contract for the 25 Kingstanding route to Walsall Community Transport.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk