News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on April 02, 2020, 02:38:19 PM
Oh thats a shame is there any others that might not see service again

Jake

Maybe - I don't have a list at this time

Simon Dunn

Quote from: don on April 03, 2020, 08:24:13 PM
With the knowledge that Covid 19 is affecting bus operators countrywide extensively to the extent services are reduced significantly because of vastly reduced demand - is Rotala having similar issues and what is its response - presumably many vehicles parked up and staff Furloughed. Are you able to share any info?

Our PVR is around 45%,  We are carrying around 20% of the passengers we were before.

Simon

don

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 04, 2020, 08:34:41 AM
Our PVR is around 45%,  We are carrying around 20% of the passengers we were before.

Simon

Thanks for that. Is there much regional variation (eg Bolton v Redditch) given the difference in demographics and operations?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: don on April 04, 2020, 12:54:04 PM
Thanks for that. Is there much regional variation (eg Bolton v Redditch) given the difference in demographics and operations?

Our Heathrow depots are very focused on the Airport (we have closed one depot).  Our Commercial bus operations especially high frequency services have been massively reduced.

We have in essence reduced frequency, and are operating the vast majority of the tendered services as we are under contract.  That doesn't mean we don't have a cash risk, but they are slightly reduced but in % terms not decreased anywhere near the same level.

don

Thanks for the response - a very difficult time for all operators.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Damo

Hi Simon,

I was wondering if you could confirm Hallmark's current service levels, or get them to do so, as the 'News' page and Twitter both contradict the 'Service Updates' page.

Hallmark News & Twitter
458 - hourly Mon-Sat, no mention of Sunday
461 - no mention
555 - two-hourly Mon-Sat, no mention of Sunday
557 - two-hourly Mon-Fri, no mention of Saturday

Hallmark Service Updates
461 - no mention
557 - no mention

Surrey County Council
458 - hourly all week
461 - normal
555 - two-hourly Mon-Sat, hourly Sun
557 - normal

As you can see one page of Hallmark's site says two-hourly 557 and no Saturday service, another page of Hallmark's site makes no mention, and the council say normal service (which would seem to back up the lack of mention of changes on the Service Updates page, but contradicts the Hallmark news page's two-hourly special timetable and lack of Saturday timetable).

Also with Hallmark not mentioning Sunday services at all, but the council showing an hourly Sunday 555 timetable linked to from 'two-hourly every day' wording, it's all a bit mixed-message! If Hallmark could get this clarified on their website then that'd be great.

Kind regards,

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Damo on April 08, 2020, 06:24:52 PM
Hi Simon,

I was wondering if you could confirm Hallmark's current service levels, or get them to do so, as the 'News' page and Twitter both contradict the 'Service Updates' page.

Hallmark News & Twitter
461 - no mention
557 - two-hourly Mon-Fri, no mention of Saturday

Hallmark Service Updates
461 - no mention
557 - no mention

Surrey County Council
458 - hourly all week
461 - normal
555 - two-hourly Mon-Sat, hourly Sun
557 - normal

As you can see one page of Hallmark's site says two-hourly 557 and no Saturday service, another page of Hallmark's site makes no mention, and the council say normal service (which would seem to back up the lack of mention of changes on the Service Updates page, but contradicts the Hallmark news page's two-hourly special timetable and lack of Saturday timetable).

Also with Hallmark not mentioning Sunday services at all, but the council showing an hourly Sunday 555 timetable linked to from 'two-hourly every day' wording, it's all a bit mixed-message! If Hallmark could get this clarified on their website then that'd be great.

Kind regards,

Sorry about this.  We agreed changes with local stakeholders, for then a rethink to happen on the day it came into question. 

The website has been updated this morning.  If it is unclear, let me know

Damo

Thanks Simon - that clears up the 461 and 557! Only thing I'd ask is what's the 555 Sunday level -  hourly as normal as not mentioned (despite Mon-Sat dropping to two-hourly), or two-hourly as per new Mon-Sat service and Surrey County Council website?

Thanks again,

Trident 4194

Hi Simon, with the current reduced timetables are drivers now driving many different routes in one day?

Would you be able to advice what running boards there are now?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 11, 2020, 07:57:53 PM
Hi Simon, with the current reduced timetables are drivers now driving many different routes in one day?

Would you be able to advice what running boards there are now?

All Rota's are the same, and the content in the rota's are the same.  Where there was more duties there are more Spare Days and we have a lot of drivers self isolated and some Furlough

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 11, 2020, 09:59:02 PM
All Rota's are the same, and the content in the rota's are the same.  Where there was more duties there are more Spare Days and we have a lot of drivers self isolated and some Furlough

Thanks for your reply. Are you able to disclose what routes are on what running board at tividale?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 12, 2020, 10:36:17 AM
Thanks for your reply. Are you able to disclose what routes are on what running board at tividale?

Same as before, just with a 9 pre-fix. 

Stu

Hi Simon,

The TfWM "Subsidised Bus Statutory Information" document for April 2020 shows that Diamond have 'won' the tender for the 530 Wolverhampton to Rocket Pool service from 26th April.

I could have sworn the other day that this service did not come up in search results the other day when I looked on the Diamond website. (But it does now!)

Could you just clarify for me that this tender win is for the current evening service that you already seem to operate?

As Network West Midlands are not updating their own website, or making any timetable information available, its proving a little challenging for me to provide accurate service change update information on my West Midlands Bus Users website!

Thanks in advance!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

This thread is for one purpose only!
To ask Simon questions - please stop filling it with opinions and general chat.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on April 21, 2020, 08:47:11 PM
Hi Simon,

The TfWM "Subsidised Bus Statutory Information" document for April 2020 shows that Diamond have 'won' the tender for the 530 Wolverhampton to Rocket Pool service from 26th April.

I could have sworn the other day that this service did not come up in search results the other day when I looked on the Diamond website. (But it does now!)

Could you just clarify for me that this tender win is for the current evening service that you already seem to operate?

As Network West Midlands are not updating their own website, or making any timetable information available, its proving a little challenging for me to provide accurate service change update information on my West Midlands Bus Users website!

Thanks in advance!

Across all operators there were a lot of tenders due out in April.

TfWM asked individual operators to extend contracts.  We agreed a deal to extend most, some were retendered including the 108, 530, 23. 

We in the end re-won the 530, and hence the changes in position

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk