News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BD12TCJ on February 22, 2020, 02:51:31 PM
Regarding an earlier comment about capacity on the 126, I was on a long solo earlier, which I think have a higher seating capacity than the Streetlites, and it had a standing load practically after setting off. The driver had to put not in service up as it would be unsafe to run with so many standees on the motorway. This is common on a weekend. Can the capacity issues be addressed?

I presume this was today.  If so what journey?

How come the 25 which runs along Coleshill Road and Ventor Avenue, doesn't serve the stop served by the 28, 55 and 94 on Coleshill Road outside Tesco at Ward End. Its always seemed strange it doesn't stop there, when it drives straight past the stop.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BD12TCJ

Pat

Hi Simon, how come there has been an ex Central E200 allocated to the 229 for the past few weeks?  Just wondering as it is normally all Solo operated.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BD12TCJ on February 22, 2020, 07:33:53 PM
11:40 from Leigh.

I have checked the Ticket machine data, the bus had plenty of capacity against its authorised capacity.  On the whole journey around 30 in total.  Depending upon what stop there was more.

On the back of this, I have had the driver spoken to.  I accept that he turned passengers away, as he deemed the bus was full.  I guess this is sometimes the problem between actual and perceived capacity. 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on February 26, 2020, 07:41:19 PM
Hi Simon, how come there has been an ex Central E200 allocated to the 229 for the past few weeks?  Just wondering as it is normally all Solo operated.

No specific reason.  The route is one of a limited number of routes which has no Euro limitations.

Simon

BD12TCJ

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 26, 2020, 07:58:43 PM
On the back of this, I have had the driver spoken to.  I accept that he turned passengers away, as he deemed the bus was full.  I guess this is sometimes the problem between actual and perceived capacity.

Aye, thanks. The driver was great, no problems with him, quite cheery too.. I could understand where he was coming from though when refusing anymore. A solo is a bit snug when it has some standees :D

Bus Man K2

Hi @Simon Dunn  I was just wondering why the new partnership timetable hasn't been updated like when the 31 & 32 had changed from the 301 & 302? Also with the West Midlands route map will the 17A be added in place of the 17? When will this happen?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 08, 2020, 05:54:00 PM
Hi @Simon Dunn  I was just wondering why the new partnership timetable hasn't been updated like when the 31 & 32 had changed from the 301 & 302? Also with the West Midlands route map will the 17A be added in place of the 17? When will this happen?

New timetable will go live this week

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 09, 2020, 02:33:33 PM
New timetable will go live this week

Is that the partnership timetable?

Also what about the WM area map, will that be updated with the 17A route?

Lastley I noticed that the Bus blinds on the 17A route have been updated to say 17A now.

Cedric

simon   
are diamond taking over any of the ex coniston  route around kidderminster.
c edric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 09, 2020, 03:57:29 PM
Is that the partnership timetable?

Also what about the WM area map, will that be updated with the 17A route?

Lastley I noticed that the Bus blinds on the 17A route have been updated to say 17A now.

40 - this week

17A - working on this

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cedric on March 11, 2020, 09:19:55 PM
simon   
are diamond taking over any of the ex coniston  route around kidderminster.
c edric

The tender awards summary sets out that Astons have won both services

Trident 4194

I'm guessing the driver of 20840 on the 13:22 4H out of Halesowen has no concept of time seeing as though he is up at lutley lane at 13:22?

Cedric

yesterday i was on 21109 and the stopping  sign was on all the time both times i was on 
and there was i bus passed me with people on not showing anything displayed on front,side or rear display#
did not get vehicle number, but it was the one with a big dent in the near side  and advert on  rear
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk