News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 28, 2019, 04:53:56 PM
Hi Simon

Took a ride on 21104 (228 livery) on the 142 today.

The suspension on it sounds awful with bangs and rattles coming from the back of the bus.

Thought I would let you know.

Stu

Thank you.  I will pick this up

Simon

BusMan Greg

Hi Simon, Why are there no daytime journeys on the 26A between Wolverhampton and Stowlawn. It seems the only bus link between these 2 places runs only at night and on Sundays, Why is this?

Cedric

simon
I have notice on  the timetable that is on the website for the newly won tender 292  it is showning  just Monday to Friday   no Saturday  times is this a error or is it going to be run just Monday to Fridays   
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cedric on January 01, 2020, 08:55:00 AM
simon
I have notice on  the timetable that is on the website for the newly won tender 292  it is showning  just Monday to Friday   no Saturday  times is this a error or is it going to be run just Monday to Fridays

It is an error.  It runs Monday to Saturday

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BusMan Greg on December 31, 2019, 08:26:55 PM
Hi Simon, Why are there no daytime journeys on the 26A between Wolverhampton and Stowlawn. It seems the only bus link between these 2 places runs only at night and on Sundays, Why is this?

I am not sure.  We operate a tendered timetable dictated by TfWM

Cedric

Quote from: Cedric on January 01, 2020, 08:55:00 AM
simon
thanks simon  happy new year to you and all at diamond
diamond 8\10/125/292

Bus Man K2

Hi @Simon Dunn  firstly happy new year to you. I was just wondering with the services that you operate to/from Coventry Rail Station will they be effected by the closure  from 5 Jan of the Interchange? Although there will be two new stops situated right outside the station building. If your service are affected will they be serving the two new stop?

Thanks in advance.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 01, 2020, 11:45:33 AM
Hi @Simon Dunn  firstly happy new year to you. I was just wondering with the services that you operate to/from Coventry Rail Station will they be effected by the closure  from 5 Jan of the Interchange? Although there will be two new stops situated right outside the station building. If your service are affected will they be serving the two new stop?

Thanks in advance.

We will be serving one of the two stops outside the station

njlawley

Question for Simon relating to DNW. Why are the buses on the 126 and 132 so small? Given these are the only routes to the Trafford Centre from Leigh and Wigan, the little Streetlites are very inadequate for these services, particularly during weekends and school holidays. Take the 126 - it can often be full by the time it has reached Astley, to the point people are left behind. Given the shift times at the Trafford Centre, this isn't good for shift workers. Back in SLT days, the 126 was run using a 100 capacity decker!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 02, 2020, 03:50:24 PM
We will be serving one of the two stops outside the station

Hi  @Simon Dunn thanks for the response. Just out of interest which stop will you be serving?

Another question how long is this going to be for?

Thanks again

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 02, 2020, 05:14:07 PM
Hi  @Simon Dunn thanks for the response. Just out of interest which stop will you be serving?

Another question how long is this going to be for?

Thanks again

My understanding is that this is a long term change - no operator has allocated stops so far as I am aware

Simon Dunn

Quote from: njlawley on January 02, 2020, 04:51:47 PM
Question for Simon relating to DNW. Why are the buses on the 126 and 132 so small? Given these are the only routes to the Trafford Centre from Leigh and Wigan, the little Streetlites are very inadequate for these services, particularly during weekends and school holidays. Take the 126 - it can often be full by the time it has reached Astley, to the point people are left behind. Given the shift times at the Trafford Centre, this isn't good for shift workers. Back in SLT days, the 126 was run using a 100 capacity decker!

As you are probably aware we never acquired any deckers from SLT, so when we acquired it they weren't using 100 seater deckers.

I have just quickly scanned some journey data from early December, and I don't see a level of usage that supports an increase in the vehicle size.  Before acquiring the vehicles we looked at a years worth of data, and they were clearly the right vehicle.  However, if I am missing something, can you let me know which journey you think requires larger vehicles and I will look at that journey specifically for a month.

What is more interesting is that despite using 33 seater buses, to achieve a lower vehicle cost and higher fuel efficiency the service is just covering its operating costs

Simon

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 02, 2020, 06:50:44 PM
My understanding is that this is a long term change - no operator has allocated stops so far as I am aware

Hi @Simon Dunn I think NXC have had their new allocatons for the Rail Station agreed, as they have announced it on their website.

njlawley

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 02, 2020, 07:00:42 PM
As you are probably aware we never acquired any deckers from SLT, so when we acquired it they weren't using 100 seater deckers.

I have just quickly scanned some journey data from early December, and I don't see a level of usage that supports an increase in the vehicle size.  Before acquiring the vehicles we looked at a years worth of data, and they were clearly the right vehicle.  However, if I am missing something, can you let me know which journey you think requires larger vehicles and I will look at that journey specifically for a month.

What is more interesting is that despite using 33 seater buses, to achieve a lower vehicle cost and higher fuel efficiency the service is just covering its operating costs

Simon

Wow, only covering its costs!?!?! I will admit, bus usage across the area east of Wigan seems to be hemorrhaging just like retail footfall - look at the lack of buses between Wigan and Atherton/Tyldesley. That area has gone from 5 per hour (132 + First's 32/33) to 1 per hour (First curtailed the 33, then Stagecoach cut then axed the 32). Even the Leigh <-> Astley flow has gone from a peak of something like 16 per hour down to 5.

But yes, I do remember no deckers transferring over, as D&G got rid of them all - the 126 Olympus now being at Midland Classic.

Back to the original question - and I will admit, I've moved out of the area so only use buses when I'm visiting family (which is several times a year). I don't know the time, but one day I do know of was 11 October... on this occasion it was my mum who was waiting to board in Astley and wasn't allowed on because it was so full. The result was she didn't bother going to the Trafford Centre, instead she caught the Stagecoach 34 and ended up in the Manchester Arndale during the terrorist incident! (luckily she wasn't affected). Other people who I know use the service have said similar. I hate to say, but my mum's opinion of Diamond isn't good.

BD12TCJ

I've noticed, it's when the rugby is on at home, the service from Wigan can be standing room only, which isn't ideal for being on the motorway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk