News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 18, 2019, 09:28:24 AM
Service 69 IS a TfWM contract and comes under the agreement of the tender award. The service is operated from Redditch Garage but is NOT a Worcestershire service of Diamond Bus but an West Midlands one and listed as such on the Diamond Bus website.

Steve, Richard is correct the 69 is under contract to TfWM

Bus Man K2

Hi @Simon Dunn  I am currently on service 4H (30943) from Oldbury to West Brom and there is a massive sign on the window saying free WiFi. However when I put my  WiFi on it doesn't bring Diamond Bus WiFi up. Could you please explain why there is a massive sign that says free WiFi on this bus but you can't actually get it when you try to connect?

Thanks in advance

(There's no need for that attitude, every operator suffers  things going wrong occasionally and you don't take a bus out of service and lose mileage because the modem is defective - Tony)

Tony I didn't meant for it to come over aggressive if it did sorry. But you can see where I'm coming from can't you? I didn't mean for it to come over aggressive though. Sorry for that. Plus it's not just once it's happened to me.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 20, 2019, 11:19:22 AM
Hi @Simon Dunn  I am currently on service 4H (30943) from Oldbury to West Brom and there is a massive sign on the window saying free WiFi. However when I put my  WiFi on it doesn't bring Diamond Bus WiFi up. Could you please explain why there is a massive sign that says free WiFi on this bus but you can't actually get it when you try to connect?

Thanks in advance

(There's no need for that attitude, every operator suffers  things going wrong occasionally and you don't take a bus out of service and lose mileage because the modem is defective - Tony)

Tony I didn't meant for it to come over aggressive if it did sorry. But you can see where I'm coming from can't you? I didn't mean for it to come over aggressive though. Sorry for that. Plus it's not just once it's happened to me.

There is no reason why it shouldn't work.  I have our Engineering looking at this

BD12TCJ

Simon,

Just wondering if you could give some clarification regarding the ultra low emission bus funding for the 582. I had been advised by someone senior at First that the funding would be passed onto yourselves upon the purchase of Bolton. Is there an anticipated time scale on when these electrics will enter service and what spec are they?

Thanks.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BD12TCJ on December 22, 2019, 12:32:17 AM
Simon,

Just wondering if you could give some clarification regarding the ultra low emission bus funding for the 582. I had been advised by someone senior at First that the funding would be passed onto yourselves upon the purchase of Bolton. Is there an anticipated time scale on when these electrics will enter service and what spec are they?

Thanks.

We have the funding available.  The consultation with the potential refranchising of the market makes it difficult until resolved.  Although we were/are willing to progress an acquisition of electric buses, without a guaranteed buyout in the event of franchising it makes the decision difficult

Roy

Hi Simon

Will the tendered service 17 (Dudley to Stourbridge) be changed or withdrawn as a result of the West Dudley Bus Review?  I notice that the NXWM service 16 times on evenings and Sundays will change from 26 January with evening times moved from xx.20 to xx.50.

Thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Roy on December 22, 2019, 04:52:11 PM
Hi Simon

Will the tendered service 17 (Dudley to Stourbridge) be changed or withdrawn as a result of the West Dudley Bus Review?  I notice that the NXWM service 16 times on evenings and Sundays will change from 26 January with evening times moved from xx.20 to xx.50.

Thanks

There is dialogue which commenced on Friday to change the timetable

Roy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 22, 2019, 04:56:45 PM
There is dialogue which commenced on Friday to change the timetable
Hi Simon

Thanks for the update.

Busboy105

The mayor has said that all buses in the West Midlands have to be in the WMbus livery by 2022, will the buses that are already in the new Diamond livery be repainted in the new WM bus livery or will they stay in the new livery and you will only paint buses in the WM bus livery closer to 2022?

Trident 4194

Lots of swapping of routes today. Are buses having issues regularly? 30879 got swapped boards on a 4H with a mellor appearing. Then 30966 started on 4H and am led to believe got replaced by 30411 with 30966 going onto 42/43

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 23, 2019, 01:08:25 PM
The mayor has said that all buses in the West Midlands have to be in the WMbus livery by 2022, will the buses that are already in the new Diamond livery be repainted in the new WM bus livery or will they stay in the new livery and you will only paint buses in the WM bus livery closer to 2022?

I have not heard this.  It would be interesting under what powers he proposes to do this.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 23, 2019, 09:15:01 PM
Lots of swapping of routes today. Are buses having issues regularly? 30879 got swapped boards on a 4H with a mellor appearing. Then 30966 started on 4H and am led to believe got replaced by 30411 with 30966 going onto 42/43

Not that I am aware of

Jack6101

Hi simon I'd like to complain about one of your drivers made my mom late for work yesterday 30924 on 42 service to West Bromwich she got on at 8:36 23/12/19 stop past Tesco burnt tree , he missed the left turning at sedgley road east , and carried stright on tried turning around at Dudley port bus station but was unable to , then carried on to great bridge , then turned all the way back up towards sedgley road east , with no apology or anything , and wasn't really consented on the road  , could you please have a word with this driver please , I'd be much appreciated
@Simon Dunn

In future can complaints be made direct to Diamond or Simon please. There is no need to make them public which could identify the member of staff to everyone
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack6101 on December 24, 2019, 07:44:33 AM
Hi simon I'd like to complain about one of your drivers made my mom late for work yesterday 30924 on 42 service to West Bromwich she got on at 8:36 23/12/19 stop past Tesco burnt tree , he missed the left turning at sedgley road east , and carried stright on tried turning around at Dudley port bus station but was unable to , then carried on to great bridge , then turned all the way back up towards sedgley road east , with no apology or anything , and wasn't really consented on the road  , could you please have a word with this driver please , I'd be much appreciated
@Simon Dunn

In future can complaints be made direct to Diamond or Simon please. There is no need to make them public which could identify the member of staff to everyone

Thank you.  We will deal with ASAP

Simon

Stuharris 6360

Hi Simon

Took a ride on 21104 (228 livery) on the 142 today.

The suspension on it sounds awful with bangs and rattles coming from the back of the bus.

Thought I would let you know.

Stu
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk