News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 28, 2019, 04:20:50 PM
Now that the PVR has dropped - we are focused on repainting the West Midlands vehicles

Simon

Does that include the ex Hanson's vehicle I saw on the  401e earlier?

WWH44L

Simon, firstly thanks for your replies to previous posts.  Always good to get the answers to questions from those that know.

in regards the Bolton fleet, is the paint shop in operation there since you took over?  I know it's quite a large facility and I've noticed repaints, especially of the ex yourbus fleet is progressing so was wondering if they are all being done there?

Couple of the most recent ones have been fully branded up, 30405 looking very smart,  but I was wondering if the others have been painted elsewhere hence the lack of full branding.  30858 has been minus branding for a good while now.

Last one, is there a standard fleet number font size that is used as I've noticed at least one Streetlite and Citaro with ex first fleet number transfers added on and in my view look way too big?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on October 28, 2019, 05:04:55 PM
Does that include the ex Hanson's vehicle I saw on the  401e earlier?

I am not sure it depends which one.

A lot of the Hanson fleet are on Operating lease agreements. 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on October 30, 2019, 12:39:19 PM
Simon, firstly thanks for your replies to previous posts.  Always good to get the answers to questions from those that know.

in regards the Bolton fleet, is the paint shop in operation there since you took over?  I know it's quite a large facility and I've noticed repaints, especially of the ex yourbus fleet is progressing so was wondering if they are all being done there?

Couple of the most recent ones have been fully branded up, 30405 looking very smart,  but I was wondering if the others have been painted elsewhere hence the lack of full branding.  30858 has been minus branding for a good while now.

Last one, is there a standard fleet number font size that is used as I've noticed at least one Streetlite and Citaro with ex first fleet number transfers added on and in my view look way too big?

The Bolton depot does have a large body/paint facility.  We took on all the depot staff, and they are engaged in undertaking body repairs and fleet repaints.  They have painted a lot of vehicles in Bolton.  At the same time a number have been done in the West Midlands.     

30405/30858 - was painted in Bolton.  The ones without full branding have been generally done in Bolton.  They are being educated this week on how to apply.

There are standard sizes - all the new kits have been supplied by the West Midlands suppliers

Simon 

IMarkeh

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 30, 2019, 06:46:42 PM
The Bolton depot does have a large body/paint facility.  We took on all the depot staff, and they are engaged in undertaking body repairs and fleet repaints.  They have painted a lot of vehicles in Bolton.  At the same time a number have been done in the West Midlands.     

30405/30858 - was painted in Bolton.  The ones without full branding have been generally done in Bolton.  They are being educated this week on how to apply.

There are standard sizes - all the new kits have been supplied by the West Midlands suppliers

Simon
When buses get repainted on the outside, why don't you look to replace the inside stickers? A fair few buses are still running around with Yourbus adverts inside for Genie or driver vacancies. Would it not make sense to replace these while the bus is in for repaint?

IMarkeh

Further to my previous comment, can I also ask why so many buses are running around from Bolton without the destination blinds working. With it being so easy to update destinations, I am a bit shocked to see so many paper destinations.

Thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on October 31, 2019, 04:44:07 PM
Further to my previous comment, can I also ask why so many buses are running around from Bolton without the destination blinds working. With it being so easy to update destinations, I am a bit shocked to see so many paper destinations.

Thanks

I am told that the main problem we have had is to do with E400's which have been leaking water in through the front, and damaging the blind controllers.

We have been undertaking repairs to rectify this. 

BusMan Greg

Will Diamond ever expand their Tamworth network?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 02, 2019, 09:19:49 PM

I am not sure.  At the minute we don't have plans to

IMarkeh

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 02, 2019, 09:19:49 PM
They are struggling for buses. They need to repaint a few hundred buses into the new Diamond livery while maintaining their current services and trying to return buses to First as per the lease agreement in Manchester. It's a huge undertaking. PrestonBus has a few buses in the proposed new livery so potentially repainting that fleet. Not sure if it's decided on or in progress, perhaps Simon can advise on that matter.

Westy

Might be a time for re-education of both passengers & staff, but it appears either a passenger is asking for the wrong ticket or the driver is misunderstanding the original request.

Case this morning.

Passenger on Nx bus shows to the driver what they think is an all operator ticket but appears to be the Diamond only network ticket instead.

Now @Tony can check this out with control, as the Nx driver did radio in around 720 to ask the question.

The answer was no obviously,  but I was wondering whether somewhere on the website  or  at least the driver's should have a image of what a certain ticket should look like when issued?

I know on Nx , it has the word of the day & a reference to Nbus when applicable !

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on November 03, 2019, 10:29:25 PM
They are struggling for buses. They need to repaint a few hundred buses into the new Diamond livery while maintaining their current services and trying to return buses to First as per the lease agreement in Manchester. It's a huge undertaking. PrestonBus has a few buses in the proposed new livery so potentially repainting that fleet. Not sure if it's decided on or in progress, perhaps Simon can advise on that matter.

We have enough buses.  As you say we need to repaint a large number of vehicles.  I am not sure what is the other question you are asking.  Can you confirm

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on November 08, 2019, 08:00:53 AM
Might be a time for re-education of both passengers & staff, but it appears either a passenger is asking for the wrong ticket or the driver is misunderstanding the original request.

Case this morning.

Passenger on Nx bus shows to the driver what they think is an all operator ticket but appears to be the Diamond only network ticket instead.

Now @Tony can check this out with control, as the Nx driver did radio in around 720 to ask the question.

The answer was no obviously,  but I was wondering whether somewhere on the website  or  at least the driver's should have a image of what a certain ticket should look like when issued?

I know on Nx , it has the word of the day & a reference to Nbus when applicable !

We train our drivers on all the different ticket types and I cannot remember the last time I saw a complaint (and I see every emailed West Midlands complaint) over a driver selling the wrong ticket type. 

We do get tickets about our none acceptance of NX tickets, but we clearly explain that they are not accepted on anything but the partnership routes.

Simon

IMarkeh

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 09, 2019, 03:55:01 PM
We have enough buses.  As you say we need to repaint a large number of vehicles.  I am not sure what is the other question you are asking.  Can you confirm
The other question was if the livery shown on YT61 FEM & YT61 FEP the brand new Preston Bus livery or is it just being applied to these few buses? If it's for the whole fleet, what are the next few buses due to be repainted into this new livery?

Bus Man K2

Question for @SimonDunn @Diamond is it possible to send any timetable that Diamond produce to Travelshops in the West Midlands or allow to send them to TFWM to distribute them? As may people do not have access to the Internet and/or they do but the may prefer the printed glossy paper edition. Thank you

Regards

Bus Man K2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk