News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on August 29, 2019, 08:34:19 PM
What's happening with the 53, is it being withdrawn completely, or is it being retendered?
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/538167/

The service was due for retender and we haven't won it

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on August 30, 2019, 01:11:06 AM
I mean newer vehicles like the 2016 Streetlites at Reddish, shouldn't they have been repainted rather quickly into the new two-tone corporate given you will be keeping these for a while. 

Are there any plans for Diamond liveried Vehicles in Preston depot to cover the none Preston routes. It's a bit odd having Preston Bus vehicles running around Skelmersdale and Blackburn.
Also are there any plans to put PrestonBus on bustimes.org like all other Rotala companies?

I cannot think of a 2016 Streetlite in Redditch that isn't in livery.  Which one are you referring to?

In the North West - the bustimes.org link I believe comes from the website.  We are looking at options. 

Vehicles in Preston - Most of the Solo's in Preston are towards the end of life and have therefore been low in terms of priority to repaint

willr7

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 30, 2019, 05:54:43 AM
I cannot think of a 2016 Streetlite in Redditch that isn't in livery.  Which one are you referring to?

There are 30167, 32307,9,10 which are in signature livery. (I think this is what he is referring too)

Solo1

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 30, 2019, 05:49:48 AM
The service was due for retender and we haven't won it
do you know who has won the 53 if you can say

Westy

IMarkeh

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 30, 2019, 05:54:43 AM

In the North West - the bustimes.org link I believe comes from the website.  We are looking at options. 

Vehicles in Preston - Most of the Solo's in Preston are towards the end of life and have therefore been low in terms of priority to repaint
They are in the older Diamond livery and not the two-tone new livery. They are the 65 plates but officially 2016 in service (32212 - 32219). As you will be keeping these for a while (presumably), would it not be better to put these into the new livery quickly to phase out the older branding quicker.

As for Preston vehicles, I didn't just mean the existing vehicles but overall, are there plans for the none Preston routes to be under the Diamond brand instead of PrestonBus?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on August 30, 2019, 06:18:18 PM
They are in the older Diamond livery and not the two-tone new livery. They are the 65 plates but officially 2016 in service (32212 - 32219). As you will be keeping these for a while (presumably), would it not be better to put these into the new livery quickly to phase out the older branding quicker.

As for Preston vehicles, I didn't just mean the existing vehicles but overall, are there plans for the none Preston routes to be under the Diamond brand instead of PrestonBus?

Our priority is to repaint the vehicles neither livery first.  There is no plan to move Preston under the Diamond branding

DD12

Dear Simon Dunn; -- Are you aware that First Worcester is threatening to withdraw their 37 service, along the Ombersley Road where you run the 303 ?
I thought I'd draw your attention to that, just in case Diamond is thinking of reducing the frequency of the 303  --  --  there will be more passengers for it IF the 37 is withdrawn !

Also, could you consider running some 37s to give a combined 30 minute service along the Ombersley Road at certain times ?

(I notice you have 2 single-deckers at the sixth form college c.08.30 - 08.45  --  the 302 + 303).

Also, there is new housing at the top of the Ombersley Road, and you MIGHT be able to prise a small subsidy out of Worcestershire county council for a combined 37/303 (perhaps) ??
Thanks Simon.

Simon Dunn

I am not aware of what is happening with the 37.

Where have you seen this?

sryan188

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 23, 2019, 06:44:20 AM
I am not aware of what is happening with the 37.

Where have you seen this?

From the first bus website
Route 37: Worcester – Bevere

The Saturday service on this route is withdrawn.

We are continuing to operate the Monday-Friday service on a trial basis – there are insufficient customer numbers to guarantee the future of this service. We will be reviewing the performance of this service later in the year and encourage local residents to 'use it or lose it'.

https://www.firstgroup.com/worcestershire/news-and-service-updates/planned-changes/changes-services-13-october-2019

Simon Dunn

I agree the 37 route overlaps the 303, and as you say we have a 302 bus in Kidderminster peak, which could if they drop this operate some off peak journeys

Simon

the trainbasher

Following the speculation on a couple of Facebook groups (and confirmation on VOSA) of the Preston Bus licence registering a depot of a certain Derbyshire bus operator, will Rotala be announcing the launch of new services in Lancashire (or purchase of another bus operator near where Preston Bus is running) soon?

(Obviously there is commercial confidences in play either way, but if there is anything that can be said that doesn't affect them would be appreciated)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Simon Dunn

I am sorry - but I am unable to comment at this point.

IMarkeh

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 23, 2019, 10:19:32 AM
Following the speculation on a couple of Facebook groups (and confirmation on VOSA) of the Preston Bus licence registering a depot of a certain Derbyshire bus operator, will Rotala be announcing the launch of new services in Lancashire (or purchase of another bus operator near where Preston Bus is running) soon?

(Obviously there is commercial confidences in play either way, but if there is anything that can be said that doesn't affect them would be appreciated)
Yourbus depot was used previously on the Diamond licence. It seems to keep popping up but little is ever said. I don't think they have intentions on new services, I think that in part it is to try and increase the discs. They used it to get discs ready for Bolton for the quicker takeover (they had the discs so didn't have to wait around, just change the locations). Something odd is going on though as Preston has had it's discs decreased.

Mr Dunn is upto something haha.

BusMan Greg

Is there any chance Diamond could possibly do evening and sunday services on the 70 between Cannock & Wolverhampton.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk