News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on July 30, 2019, 12:12:20 PM
When setting up the route with Nx, TfWm etc, was a loop involving Mossley,  Turnberry & Lower Farm with some inter working considered?

Not at the time - it has been discussed since the initial set up

Westy

30926 on way back to depot after having the nearside window smashed!

(Pic on Nwm''s Facebook if you're interested!)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on August 16, 2019, 05:08:47 PM
30926 on way back to depot after having the nearside window smashed!

(Pic on Nwm''s Facebook if you're interested!)

Thankyou

Jack

How many buses usually go into paint at a time?

And it being a year since the first combined services started (42/43) is there any plans for any other routes to do the same? 40 etc

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on August 18, 2019, 01:26:31 PM
How many buses usually go into paint at a time?

And it being a year since the first combined services started (42/43) is there any plans for any other routes to do the same? 40 etc

Within the West Midlands, it depends upon what spare capacity we have to release fleet.  Around 2/3 it can be more and less.

With regards partnership routes.  We commit to None disclosure so it is not something I am able to discuss

IMarkeh

Dear Simon,
How long does it take to repaint a bus into the new Diamond livery?

Secondly, why is it taking so long for Rotala to repaint buses into the right company livery. You are still running round with Hanson Bus, Central Bus, Wessex and some buses in the North West are running Preston Bus livery on Diamond routes. Would it not be better to have all buses repainted as quickly as possible into corporate livery. Especially the newer vehicles which I take it you intend on keeping.

Thirdly, have you thought about buying more Metrocities, As a passenger, they are fantastic buses and I have never heard any complaints about them. I know you have a few already but does Rotala not like Optare enough to place orders and prefer to stick to Wright?

Finally, why don't we see Diamond start up more commercial routes? Diamond was previously quite good at starting new routes and filling gaps but now things seem to have slowed down and more focussing on expansions via buying companies or winning tendered routes. I believe there are a lot of viable routes which Rotala companies could jump on but like I say, you seem to have slowed down on new commercial routes.

Wumpty

Hi Simon - why are your buses consistently parking on pavements, on School zig zags, obstructing a park entrance and private driveways in the same place in Wednesfield? All this with passengers on board with the driver not in the cab and with the engine running?!

Appreciate that schools are closed currently, but the markings should still be observed.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on August 27, 2019, 11:24:08 PM
Dear Simon,
How long does it take to repaint a bus into the new Diamond livery?

Secondly, why is it taking so long for Rotala to repaint buses into the right company livery. You are still running round with Hanson Bus, Central Bus, Wessex and some buses in the North West are running Preston Bus livery on Diamond routes. Would it not be better to have all buses repainted as quickly as possible into corporate livery. Especially the newer vehicles which I take it you intend on keeping.

Thirdly, have you thought about buying more Metrocities, As a passenger, they are fantastic buses and I have never heard any complaints about them. I know you have a few already but does Rotala not like Optare enough to place orders and prefer to stick to Wright?

Finally, why don't we see Diamond start up more commercial routes? Diamond was previously quite good at starting new routes and filling gaps but now things seem to have slowed down and more focussing on expansions via buying companies or winning tendered routes. I believe there are a lot of viable routes which Rotala companies could jump on but like I say, you seem to have slowed down on new commercial routes.

We had a large number of vehicles to repaint which we have been working through.  It takes time.  A large number of vehicles we have simply withdrawn as tenders have been renewed and have required higher Emission standards.  We will again remove some vehicles after October changes.

I am not sure there are many newer vehicles in the wrong livery.  Which ones are you referring to? 

The Optare Metrocities we operate have been problematic.  They were all Euro 5, which is less complicated than Euro 6.  When we made the switch to Euro 6 we felt that Wrights had the best offer.  We have been reasonably happy with the Euro 6 Wrights, and we have bought more vehicles on the back of that.

We look at all opportunities.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Wumpty on August 28, 2019, 10:51:45 AM
Hi Simon - why are your buses consistently parking on pavements, on School zig zags, obstructing a park entrance and private driveways in the same place in Wednesfield? All this with passengers on board with the driver not in the cab and with the engine running?!

Appreciate that schools are closed currently, but the markings should still be observed.

If you can provide me with a location, time, date, a picture of the vehicle then we will investigate the matter immediately.  My email address is simon.dunn@rotala.co.uk

Wumpty

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 28, 2019, 04:01:51 PM
If you can provide me with a location, time, date, a picture of the vehicle then we will investigate the matter immediately.  My email address is simon.dunn@rotala.co.uk

Hi Simon - email has been sent to you but bounces back as "Envelop Blocked 550".

Does your email accept all providers or do you have a number you could private message me? Thanks.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Wumpty on August 29, 2019, 01:02:27 PM
Hi Simon - email has been sent to you but bounces back as "Envelop Blocked 550".

Does your email accept all providers or do you have a number you could private message me? Thanks.

What is your email address?

Westy

There was a Dart still in Hanson's livery including fleetnames on the 401e today!

Admittedly it also had a Diamond sticker on the front under the window but surely the Hanson's names should have been removed by now?

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

IMarkeh

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 28, 2019, 04:01:01 PM
We had a large number of vehicles to repaint which we have been working through.  It takes time.  A large number of vehicles we have simply withdrawn as tenders have been renewed and have required higher Emission standards.  We will again remove some vehicles after October changes.

I am not sure there are many newer vehicles in the wrong livery.  Which ones are you referring to? 

The Optare Metrocities we operate have been problematic.  They were all Euro 5, which is less complicated than Euro 6.  When we made the switch to Euro 6 we felt that Wrights had the best offer.  We have been reasonably happy with the Euro 6 Wrights, and we have bought more vehicles on the back of that.

We look at all opportunities.

Simon

I mean newer vehicles like the 2016 Streetlites at Reddish, shouldn't they have been repainted rather quickly into the new two-tone corporate given you will be keeping these for a while. 

Are there any plans for Diamond liveried Vehicles in Preston depot to cover the none Preston routes. It's a bit odd having Preston Bus vehicles running around Skelmersdale and Blackburn.
Also are there any plans to put PrestonBus on bustimes.org like all other Rotala companies?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on August 29, 2019, 05:48:46 PM
There was a Dart still in Hanson's livery including fleetnames on the 401e today!

Admittedly it also had a Diamond sticker on the front under the window but surely the Hanson's names should have been removed by now?

Which vehicle was this?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk