News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 23, 2019, 07:01:56 PM
Do you try and put out as many mellors as you can on sundays? Only every Sunday I travel on the 13, and I would say 80% of a time it is a solo. Some of these solos usually have annoying beeping sounds inside, and are no where near as luxurious as a mellor. For example the 13 today broke down after its first trip and had to be replaced by 20920.

Many thanks

Yes we try to use all the Mellors on Sunday operation

broma1k

In Dudley today I saw SN68 AJZ fleet number 20166 running with fleet number 20159.I hope your maintainance record don't go by fleet number as this could cause a problem.

Brick60000

Can you please explain why your 16W that passed Old Snow Hill towards Birmingham Markets at around 1804 refused to let me board? Apparently it's only towards West Bromwich which is interesting as it's a timetabled service.......

:D

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 17, 2019, 11:55:39 AM
DVSA monitored our overall reliability in Diamond Bus at 92%, with our Kidderminster reliability at 88%.  It is difficult to deliver more than this, with the number of emergency roadworks that pop up. 

As a result we have made services more direct, and increased the journey lengths to further improve reliability.  These actions increase the cost, and reduce the income both of which do not help the commercial viability of bus services.

When we consider new bus investment, it is difficult to justify with marginal services especially when we have major cities like Birmingham and Manchester looking to mandate Euro 6 vehicles by 2021. 

Simon

Did not know such data existed. Is this data publicity available?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: broma1k on June 27, 2019, 08:15:35 PM
In Dudley today I saw SN68 AJZ fleet number 20166 running with fleet number 20159.I hope your maintainance record don't go by fleet number as this could cause a problem.

Vehicles are maintained based upon registration numbers

Simon Dunn

Quote from: :D on July 06, 2019, 11:47:43 AM
Did not know such data existed. Is this data publicity available?

There are some quoted statistics in TfWM meeting notes on their website.  You can find TfL reliability statistics on their website.  Our reliability at the last PI can be found in the judgement made at that time.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Brick60000 on July 04, 2019, 06:07:58 PM
Can you please explain why your 16W that passed Old Snow Hill towards Birmingham Markets at around 1804 refused to let me board? Apparently it's only towards West Bromwich which is interesting as it's a timetabled service.......

Can you provide the registration number, so I can have it investigated

DJ

Hi Simon, one of your ex-Central Darts, EU06 JVW, was on the 31/32 in Walsall yesterday, however it was displaying 301 (and presumably 302) on the blind. Could you look into this please, as it seems like it hasn't had it's blinds updated?

There was also a 42/43 branded B7RLE on there, and likewise a 31/32 branded one on the 42/43.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Trident 4194

An unusual occurrence tonight. 30407 on the last 4H to Oldbury from Hayley green running 16 minutes early ahead of the one that terminates at Hayley green at 7:30

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 07, 2019, 10:44:44 AM
Hi Simon, one of your ex-Central Darts, EU06 JVW, was on the 31/32 in Walsall yesterday, however it was displaying 301 (and presumably 302) on the blind. Could you look into this please, as it seems like it hasn't had it's blinds updated?

There was also a 42/43 branded B7RLE on there, and likewise a 31/32 branded one on the 42/43.

Thank you - I will look into

Trident 4194

Hi, I have brought one of your monthly tickets, and placed it into the wallets provided. However only 6 days in and the ticket is already very faded. Is there a way you can look into this as it now doesn't scan and there's quite a few tickets that are the same.

Thanks

l.murphy123

@Simon Dunn Would you (with or without NX) consider extending the 31 at night and Sundays from Mossley through Turnberry Estate then a loop round Landywood, Great Wyrley and Cheslyn Hay (and possibly Cannock)? It would be about 10-12 minutes to Cheslyn Hay and back to Mossley Tintern Crescent.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 27, 2019, 07:01:06 PM
Hi, I have brought one of your monthly tickets, and placed it into the wallets provided. However only 6 days in and the ticket is already very faded. Is there a way you can look into this as it now doesn't scan and there's quite a few tickets that are the same.

Thanks

Can you photograph the ticket and send to me at simon.dunn@rotala.co.uk

Simon Dunn

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 28, 2019, 06:00:23 PM
@Simon Dunn Would you (with or without NX) consider extending the 31 at night and Sundays from Mossley through Turnberry Estate then a loop round Landywood, Great Wyrley and Cheslyn Hay (and possibly Cannock)? It would be about 10-12 minutes to Cheslyn Hay and back to Mossley Tintern Crescent.

The 31 route is tight for time, what currently operates works and we would be concerned about changing this.

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 30, 2019, 07:46:24 AM
The 31 route is tight for time, what currently operates works and we would be concerned about changing this.

When setting up the route with Nx, TfWm etc, was a loop involving Mossley,  Turnberry & Lower Farm with some inter working considered?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk