News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

The Walsall 25 currently operated by Arriva.

According to the Arriva thread, you're taking it over soon.

That right?

Simon Dunn

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourValley98 on June 09, 2019, 02:12:44 PM
Hi Simon, are you aware that 21225's front display is currently faulty? The route number is cut off on the 229, as it's only showing a 2 on there, and the via points are cut off too. I've also noticed a couple others with similar issues, so I think it may be down to the wrong set of blinds being programmed, since the Stratas have smaller ones?

Thank you - I am having the vehicle checked tonight

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on June 11, 2019, 08:28:28 PM
The Walsall 25 currently operated by Arriva.

According to the Arriva thread, you're taking it over soon.

That right?

Yes - we start operating on Monday on the 25 and 69 (from Redditch, operating around 50 peak time journeys)

Simon

Solo1

Will it be mellors on 25 like some one posted or solos + solo on 69 service thank you

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on June 12, 2019, 07:47:20 PM
Will it be mellors on 25 like some one posted or solos + solo on 69 service thank you

We are contracted for Euro 5 on the 25.  We have spare Mellors, so we may put them on the service.

The 69 is contracted for Euro 6 Mellors, how due to the interworking with the 50 we are looking to put Solo's short term and then 6 months later 9.6m Streetlites (we have 6 months to put Euro 6 vehicles on). 

Simon

Solo1

Which services are now booked Mellor 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on June 13, 2019, 05:44:19 AM
Which services are now booked Mellor

At present

30/74A
A1/A2
298/299
20/21
68 A/C

The 74 may need to move to big bus

Simon

Solo1

busgeneral

I know people say Kiddy isn't making enough money to warrant new vehicles but do you have any plans to introduce a newer fleet or add any more newer vehicles? Have to say the smaller vehicles seem to suit the roads of Kiddy rather than the longer Volvos. However I would also like to comment that the bus service reliability in the local area has got a lot better over the last couple of months.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: busgeneral on June 13, 2019, 10:21:58 PM
I know people say Kiddy isn't making enough money to warrant new vehicles but do you have any plans to introduce a newer fleet or add any more newer vehicles? Have to say the smaller vehicles seem to suit the roads of Kiddy rather than the longer Volvos. However I would also like to comment that the bus service reliability in the local area has got a lot better over the last couple of months.

DVSA monitored our overall reliability in Diamond Bus at 92%, with our Kidderminster reliability at 88%.  It is difficult to deliver more than this, with the number of emergency roadworks that pop up. 

As a result we have made services more direct, and increased the journey lengths to further improve reliability.  These actions increase the cost, and reduce the income both of which do not help the commercial viability of bus services.

When we consider new bus investment, it is difficult to justify with marginal services especially when we have major cities like Birmingham and Manchester looking to mandate Euro 6 vehicles by 2021. 

Simon

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 12, 2019, 05:08:46 PM
No it is still in daily use

On the 4H today. You realise how bad the value branded B7RLES are when this vehicle can handle inclines better than them. Any plans on withdrawing this vehicle soon?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 18, 2019, 10:05:07 PM
On the 4H today. You realise how bad the value branded B7RLES are when this vehicle can handle inclines better than them. Any plans on withdrawing this vehicle soon?

Which vehicle?

Trident 4194

Do you try and put out as many mellors as you can on sundays? Only every Sunday I travel on the 13, and I would say 80% of a time it is a solo. Some of these solos usually have annoying beeping sounds inside, and are no where near as luxurious as a mellor. For example the 13 today broke down after its first trip and had to be replaced by 20920.

Many thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk