News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on May 18, 2019, 11:33:42 PM
Hi @Simon Dunn 30969 was on the 31/32 today and was displaying 301/3
2 as it just operated the 23:00 journey from Walsall display 302 surely they should have programmed In the 31 and 32 by now

The blinds are programmed - both sets of destinations are on the blind.  We will pick up it with the driver concerned

Simon

l.murphy123

@Simon Dunn Hi Simon! Has the 10A Walsall-Lichfield impacted the 35? The 35 is a much shorter journey and runs later than the 10A. You should advertise it to compete using the fact it's more direct as a USP. If the 10A has been late ive told people in the queue the 35 will arrive shortly and they had no idea it existed. Could you brand some buses with the route info like the 31|32? Fab service.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Simon Dunn

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 30, 2019, 02:45:32 PM
@Simon Dunn Hi Simon! Has the 10A Walsall-Lichfield impacted the 35? The 35 is a much shorter journey and runs later than the 10A. You should advertise it to compete using the fact it's more direct as a USP. If the 10A has been late ive told people in the queue the 35 will arrive shortly and they had no idea it existed. Could you brand some buses with the route info like the 31|32? Fab service.

We have not seen a noticeable difference to the 35.

Since April, we have leaflet dropped the whole of the route with the situation of Councillor Worrall, so we have been trying to market the route. 

Simon

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 31, 2019, 04:32:55 AM
We have not seen a noticeable difference to the 35.

Since April, we have leaflet dropped the whole of the route with the situation of Councillor Worrall, so we have been trying to market the route. 

Simon

Oh that's brill then. Is there any reason you don't put timetables along the route in the Staffordshire section? Also there are still Central Bus branded posters at Lichfield bus station if you weren't aware. Cheers.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Simon Dunn

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 31, 2019, 12:16:44 PM
Oh that's brill then. Is there any reason you don't put timetables along the route in the Staffordshire section? Also there are still Central Bus branded posters at Lichfield bus station if you weren't aware. Cheers.

We paid for timetables to be dropped the whole route.  I will get someone to look at Lichfield Bus Station

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 02, 2019, 07:16:05 AM
We paid for timetables to be dropped the whole route.  I will get someone to look at Lichfield Bus Station

Sorry I meant timetables at bus stops.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Westy

Are these timetables available at local libaries on route, eg Rushall?

midlandred2003

Any chance of identifying the 3 streetlites that came down the M6 today heading for hallmark?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Westy on June 03, 2019, 12:46:25 PM
Are these timetables available at local libaries on route, eg Rushall?

Thats a good point... and Lichfield and Walsall?
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Simon Dunn

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 31, 2019, 12:16:44 PM

We have sent someone out today - they cannot find any Central posters.  Any chance you can send me a picture of what is there to simon.dunn@rotala.co.uk

mikestone

VOSA is showing a 175 vehicle allowance at Heanor on the Diamond Bus North West licence - a clerical error?

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on June 06, 2019, 05:44:53 PM
VOSA is showing a 175 vehicle allowance at Heanor on the Diamond Bus North West licence - a clerical error?

There's several operators where the total of all OCs is shown against them all instead of split

Simon Dunn

Quote from: mikestone on June 06, 2019, 05:44:53 PM

We applied for a 200 vehicle operators licence increase in the North West Traffic Area, which was granted to take our total licence to 290 vehicles. 

To apply, you need to demonstrate physical capacity.  We provided this across multiple depots.

Jayden Russon

Advisor to Diamond Bus
Creating a New, Brighter Diamond

DJ

Hi Simon, are you aware that 21225's front display is currently faulty? The route number is cut off on the 229, as it's only showing a 2 on there, and the via points are cut off too. I've also noticed a couple others with similar issues, so I think it may be down to the wrong set of blinds being programmed, since the Stratas have smaller ones?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk