News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 10, 2019, 08:33:49 PM
Simon did you investigate my previous complaint?

Sorry for the delay in response.

The Tividale Operations Manager has investigated your comments and responded as follows

1.  The 1907 journey arrived in Halesiowen at 1911 hrs and then continued to Hayley Green.

2.  The 1922 journey arrived in Halesowen at 1923 hrs and then terminated.  The driver involved is now in the process of being put through the companies disciplinary procedure.

I am sorry for your inconvenience.  The driver involved will be dealt with immediately

Simon

Trident 4194

Thanks for carrying out the investigation. Don't know how the 19:07 journey operated, because I had been there since 7:00. Perhaps didn't come on stand who knows. Anyway if this happens again I will inform you.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 13, 2019, 10:09:40 PM
Thanks for carrying out the investigation. Don't know how the 19:07 journey operated, because I had been there since 7:00. Perhaps didn't come on stand who knows. Anyway if this happens again I will inform you.

I believe I have previously been asked were the new Streetlites will feature.  In total we now have 10 x 10.8m.  There will be 17.

Of the 17 they are allocated to

3 - 125 Kidderminster Depot
7 - 002 Tividale Depot
7 - 50  Tividale Depot until 24/02/19 (route transfer to Redditch)

Simon

Jaysnerz007

So when the 50 gets transferred to Redditch will most buses be running dead from Maypole back to garage ??

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jaysnerz007 on February 14, 2019, 04:52:20 PM
So when the 50 gets transferred to Redditch will most buses be running dead from Maypole back to garage ??

All 50 buses will run from Redditch after 23/2/19.  We will look at whether we prune some of the runnings in view of the depot then operating

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 14, 2019, 08:43:55 AM
I believe I have previously been asked were the new Streetlites will feature.  In total we now have 10 x 10.8m.  There will be 17.

7 - 002 Tividale Depot

Simon
Appologies if it has already been asked or answered, elsewhere. But are there more new vehicles due ontop of those or is that it?
I recall reading somewhere you are getting some new Mellor Strata minibuses for the S1 in Solihull - soon to be A1?

@2206 Look on the page before in this thread,
Winston

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on February 14, 2019, 08:49:49 PM
Appologies if it has already been asked or answered, elsewhere. But are there more new vehicles due ontop of those or is that it?
I recall reading somewhere you are getting some new Mellor Strata minibuses for the S1 in Solihull - soon to be A1?

@2206 Look on the page before in this thread,
Winston

There were 5 x Mellor Due 2 weeks ago.  We are waiting on an update.

3 will go to Redditch for C42, and A1, plus spare

2 will stay at Tividale for April Euro 6 contract awards.

5 more are due in April.  2 for Kidderminster and 3 for Tividale (again Euro 6 contract awards)

5 more due June - not yet decided destination

MasterPlan

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 14, 2019, 08:43:55 AM

7 - 002 Tividale Depot

Simon

Will these then be branded for their respective routes?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

JPC

Not quite a question but... whose idea was the extension on Coventry service 42 to Browns Lane, I'm not saying the extension isn't a bad idea but the routing hasn't been properly considered.

I don't care whether yourselves or TfWM are to blame but the routing (as seen on TravelineWM website) will make the service half useless for residents on what was the Coundon loop, for example if elderly persons wants to board at Overslade Crescent for travel to the City Centre they will need to take the outbound journey and travel to Brownshill Green and stay on board for the return journey making their journey about 14 minutes longer and I suppose driver might ask them to scan their pass again at the terminus. It is also not possible to do this on the first journey towards City.

Expect to see a number of complaints from users about this, however this could be easily and quickly resolved if the inbound route gets amended to take exactly the reverse of the outbound route.

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 14, 2019, 09:24:13 PM
There were 5 x Mellor Due 2 weeks ago.  We are waiting on an update.

3 will go to Redditch for C42, and A1, plus spare

2 will stay at Tividale for April Euro 6 contract awards.

5 more are due in April.  2 for Kidderminster and 3 for Tividale (again Euro 6 contract awards)

5 more due June - not yet decided destination
Thanks for the info.
What do you intend on doing with the current Signature Solihull buses after next Saturday with most of the Solihull work having been lost?
Will they be repainted and placed on other Redditch Depot routes? Or will they move to another depot?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on February 17, 2019, 09:08:46 PM
Thanks for the info.
What do you intend on doing with the current Signature Solihull buses after next Saturday with most of the Solihull work having been lost?
Will they be repainted and placed on other Redditch Depot routes? Or will they move to another depot?

At present there are areas of new business which they may be used for. So we are not 100% sure.

Solo1

What streetlite fleet numbers are Redditch due please thanks

Trident 4194

Are you aware of the issues with the tracking app recently?

I love Walsall buses

Hi @Simon Dunn 30926 can't lower the floor for when buggies or when a man on the mobility scooter came on also the warning light came on and struggled to get up lower farms hills on the 32

Simon Dunn

Quote from: JPC on February 15, 2019, 06:25:57 PM
Not quite a question but... whose idea was the extension on Coventry service 42 to Browns Lane, I'm not saying the extension isn't a bad idea but the routing hasn't been properly considered.

I don't care whether yourselves or TfWM are to blame but the routing (as seen on TravelineWM website) will make the service half useless for residents on what was the Coundon loop, for example if elderly persons wants to board at Overslade Crescent for travel to the City Centre they will need to take the outbound journey and travel to Brownshill Green and stay on board for the return journey making their journey about 14 minutes longer and I suppose driver might ask them to scan their pass again at the terminus. It is also not possible to do this on the first journey towards City.

Expect to see a number of complaints from users about this, however this could be easily and quickly resolved if the inbound route gets amended to take exactly the reverse of the outbound route.

The route has been designed and tendered by TfWM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk