News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 15, 2018, 08:27:36 PM
Hi simon,

Can you please tell me why the 18:19 journey from Walsall (30409) didn't pull onto stand in Halesowen bus station ( arrived at Halesowen 19:35- 13 minutes late). The driver then continued to go towards Hayley green despite not stopping at the stand. The 19:37 arrived at 19:48 so it was not like there was enough bus directly behind

The driver has been interviewed tonight on his return to depot.  He offered in response that there was a police car blocking the stand which seems strange.  Was you there?  Did you see a police car blocking the stand?  He claims he couldn't see any passengers waiting on the stand either. 

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 16, 2018, 05:04:12 AM
The driver has been interviewed tonight on his return to depot.  He offered in response that there was a police car blocking the stand which seems strange.  Was you there?  Did you see a police car blocking the stand?  He claims he couldn't see any passengers waiting on the stand either.

I was there at the time there was definitely no police car on stand.  Thanks for chasing it up. Let's hope now he won't do it again!! At that time of night with only one departure after it, it's especially annoying- the one behind may have broken down, then I would have billed you a taxi

Kevin

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 16, 2018, 05:04:12 AM
.... He claims he couldn't see any passengers waiting on the stand either.

Hold on, this is a bus station, surely buses have to stop at the stand regardless?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

HTA844N

Hi Simon

Did you find out what happened to the last journey on the 30 the other night between Great Bridge & Stone Cross?

Westy

And while we're at it, have your drivers on the joint routes been re-educated on accepting  Nx tickets as per my post elsewhere?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: HTA844N on November 16, 2018, 01:04:31 PM
Hi Simon

Did you find out what happened to the last journey on the 30 the other night between Great Bridge & Stone Cross?

Ticketer shows the trip as operating

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on November 16, 2018, 08:35:57 PM
And while we're at it, have your drivers on the joint routes been re-educated on accepting  Nx tickets as per my post elsewhere?

All our drivers which are given specific training for the 31, 32, 42, 43, and 43a. 

If you have come across a driver who hasn't, please let me know where and when and I will ask to see the training.

Trident 4194

Simon,

Do you have a radio for drivers so they can be adjusted or do the drivers take it upon themselves to turn around if there a few minutes late. It seems to me drivers are just turning around at the first opportunity. In fact they will miss part of a route out so they can have a fag break and then can resume on time. It's totally unnaccepable in my opinion and is happening far too much. Do you have any control over your drivers??

So the drivers are ordered to turn short then if they run a few minutes late?

@Trident 4194 - They don't need radio's, drivers can be & are contacted directly or globally with messages via their buses Ticketer machines, both from the traffic office or management. Drivers can also report issues the other way.

I noticed today, that the Stuarts Road and Richmond Road stops in Stechford now says "Out Of Use", are you aware why was this stop removed from the route, it was previously served by the 53 (Stechford) route?
I personally found it strange as the 53 goes around those back roads, whether or not it actually calls at that stop, as it still has to serve the station, and the Mellor Strata minibus on there the other week were still serving those back roads and heading up Victoria Rd, in Stechford?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on December 25, 2018, 10:37:10 PM
I noticed today, that the Stuarts Road and Richmond Road stops in Stechford now says "Out Of Use", are you aware why was this stop removed from the route, it was previously served by the 53 (Stechford) route?
I personally found it strange as the 53 goes around those back roads, whether or not it actually calls at that stop, as it still has to serve the station, and the Mellor Strata minibus on there the other week were still serving those back roads and heading up Victoria Rd, in Stechford?

When we won the 53 tender in October, the route changed to improve reliability.  These stops aren't supposed to being served.  I will have a look tomorrow and see if I can identify if someone is operating the incorrect route

Simon

PinkBus

Hi Simon,

Hope you had a good Christmas.

I have a question regarding working for Diamond.  My husband is a Sandwell Private Hire driver and picked up a member of your staff last week. While they were talking in the car, your staff member mentioned that Diamond were looking to recruit drivers. He obviously holds a full driving licence with no points on it and has a current CRB. He would be interested in working from your Tividale depot as we live in Smethwick.

Does he get in touch with you via your website or send a CV and covering letter as he is interested in obtaining his PSV.

Any details you can give would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks, and hope you have a Happy New Year.
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

Westy

Hi

Was having a 'mini' bash today & ended up in Stourbridge Bus Station.

Picked up one of your leaflet booklets for the Kiddy services(I guess it was there for the 125 service mainly!).

Until the services in Walsall were revised(some withdrawn in other words!) recently, this was the type of information we wanted from your company for those Walsall services, that were not included in NWM leaflets, so how did Stourbridge qualify for the leaflet, but Walsall didn't at the time?

I'm all for catching other operators, but, as before, without the physical info in the travelshops, how do people know about your services, if they can't go online?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: PinkBus on December 27, 2018, 05:17:52 PM
Hi Simon,

Hope you had a good Christmas.

I have a question regarding working for Diamond.  My husband is a Sandwell Private Hire driver and picked up a member of your staff last week. While they were talking in the car, your staff member mentioned that Diamond were looking to recruit drivers. He obviously holds a full driving licence with no points on it and has a current CRB. He would be interested in working from your Tividale depot as we live in Smethwick.

Does he get in touch with you via your website or send a CV and covering letter as he is interested in obtaining his PSV.

Any details you can give would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks, and hope you have a Happy New Year.

Dear Madam

If you can email me on simon.dunn@rotala.co.uk, I will put your husband onto the right person

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on December 27, 2018, 05:45:32 PM
Hi

Was having a 'mini' bash today & ended up in Stourbridge Bus Station.

Picked up one of your leaflet booklets for the Kiddy services(I guess it was there for the 125 service mainly!).

Until the services in Walsall were revised(some withdrawn in other words!) recently, this was the type of information we wanted from your company for those Walsall services, that were not included in NWM leaflets, so how did Stourbridge qualify for the leaflet, but Walsall didn't at the time?

I'm all for catching other operators, but, as before, without the physical info in the travelshops, how do people know about your services, if they can't go online?

In the TfWM area, TfWM like to produce all timetables.

We have respected this, and we work with them on timetables.  I accept your comments and we should have done more.   

On the combined routes both operators produce the timetable information together.

In Worcestershire/Shropshire area(s) neither Local authority express a desire to produce anything, so we get on and do our own thing.

Simon

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 28, 2018, 02:55:36 PM
In the TfWM area, TfWM like to produce all timetables.

We have respected this, and we work with them on timetables.  I accept your comments and we should have done more.   

On the combined routes both operators produce the timetable information together.

In Worcestershire/Shropshire area(s) neither Local authority express a desire to produce anything, so we get on and do our own thing.

Simon

Understand this, but there's at least 2 routes in Walsall you withdrew recently, & I never saw timetable leaflets for them!

If these were withdrawn due to lack of patronage, it's hardly surprising, if no one knew the times!

(I noticed in Walsall WM Travelshop, there was one of your branded leaflets for a service in Solihull!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk