News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: mark114 on October 03, 2018, 10:15:27 PM
Hi Simon could you tell me please if Tividale Kidderminster or Redditch are having anymore  buses from Wessex I believe the latest one was fleet number 30949 to Tividale thank you

All the buses that are going to be moved have been moved.  So if you are going by the latest fleet list that Tony has then the answer is no.

We were originally going to move more, and break up the new bus order.  However, with Air quality focus in the West Midlands we decided to send most of the Wessex vehicles to Manchester and focus the new bus order on the West Midlands

Stuharris 6360

Hi Simon,

I Just wondered what Diamonds current position is on fitting cash vaults to buses?

Stuart
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 09, 2018, 12:29:42 AM
Hi Simon,

I Just wondered what Diamonds current position is on fitting cash vaults to buses?

Stuart

We have no desire to fit cash faults to buses

Simon

Stuharris 6360

Hi Simon

Don't really like to "grass" on drivers but thought you may be interested in something that happened this evening (25/10/18).

I was on the 16:52 from Stourbridge 298 service. I got on at Wynall Lane with my swift card wishing to travel to Oldswinford. As soon as I got on the bus the driver asked where I was going to and I said Oldswinford. He said Oh but then said that will be ok, then he said it's ok because this journey doesn't go to Stourbridge. I thought to myself thats odd because its shown on the timetable as going to Stourbridge. Anyway got off just before Oldswinford Cross and then watched the bus which when it got to the traffic lights turned left instead of carrying straight on.

I know it's only a small portion of the route that is missed but thaats not the point, if it's shown in the timetable to go to Stourbridge it should go there. What if an someone had been waiting at one of the stops on the Hagley Road that the bus missed?

Stuart
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 25, 2018, 11:41:46 PM
Hi Simon

Don't really like to "grass" on drivers but thought you may be interested in something that happened this evening (25/10/18).

I was on the 16:52 from Stourbridge 298 service. I got on at Wynall Lane with my swift card wishing to travel to Oldswinford. As soon as I got on the bus the driver asked where I was going to and I said Oldswinford. He said Oh but then said that will be ok, then he said it's ok because this journey doesn't go to Stourbridge. I thought to myself thats odd because its shown on the timetable as going to Stourbridge. Anyway got off just before Oldswinford Cross and then watched the bus which when it got to the traffic lights turned left instead of carrying straight on.

I know it's only a small portion of the route that is missed but thaats not the point, if it's shown in the timetable to go to Stourbridge it should go there. What if an someone had been waiting at one of the stops on the Hagley Road that the bus missed?

Stuart

Stuart

Thank you for the message. 

We have reviewed the tracking data this morning, and the driver will be interviewed today. 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

Simon

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on September 09, 2018, 07:12:31 PM
Simon

Did you know at least one of your Tividale vehicles cannot display the 31 & 32 correctly, displaying 301 & 302 instead?

Didnt get the number but it was in service today.
another one still displaying 302 lower farm think it might have been a replacement bus as one did break down near hospital street but still as i got on the bus cant remember fleet number i think it was 308** a woman said have they changed the numbers back to 301/302 and driver said no this is causing confusion @Simon Dunn can you sort this out please

EDIT: it wasn't broken down front window got smashed

Simon Dunn

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 29, 2018, 04:51:39 PM
another one still displaying 302 lower farm think it might have been a replacement bus as one did break down near hospital street but still as i got on the bus cant remember fleet number i think it was 308** a woman said have they changed the numbers back to 301/302 and driver said no this is causing confusion @Simon Dunn can you sort this out please

I will get it checked - thank you

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on October 29, 2018, 04:51:39 PM

once again another one of your vechiels displaying 301 today aswell think it was 3088*

Simon Dunn

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on November 01, 2018, 04:50:36 PM
once again another one of your vechiels displaying 301 today aswell think it was 3088*

I will get this rectified.

Thank you

I love Walsall buses

30970 displaying 301 and 302 as its on until midnight a lot of people didn't get on it at 19:30 from Walsall as they thought it was a shuttle service

Simon Dunn

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on November 03, 2018, 10:31:44 PM
30970 displaying 301 and 302 as its on until midnight a lot of people didn't get on it at 19:30 from Walsall as they thought it was a shuttle service

Thank you.  These have now been corrected

Simon

I love Walsall buses

Thank you Simon saw 30966 displaying 31 today as normal

HTA844N

Hi Simon

Is there any reason why the 16:55, 30 from West Bromwich to Stone Cross today decided to only go as far as Great Bridge? I thought this was a tenderd service? I think the bus number was 21214.

Regards,
Chris.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: HTA844N on November 13, 2018, 05:51:22 PM
Hi Simon

Is there any reason why the 16:55, 30 from West Bromwich to Stone Cross today decided to only go as far as Great Bridge? I thought this was a tenderd service? I think the bus number was 21214.

Regards,
Chris.

Thank you.  I will get this investigated

Trident 4194

Hi simon,

Can you please tell me why the 18:19 journey from Walsall (30409) didn't pull onto stand in Halesowen bus station ( arrived at Halesowen 19:35- 13 minutes late). The driver then continued to go towards Hayley green despite not stopping at the stand. The 19:37 arrived at 19:48 so it was not like there was enough bus directly behind

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk