News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on September 06, 2018, 09:23:24 PM
Hi Simon
When will you finish painting vechielsfor th 31/32 or how many are left to do

We are aiming to have them all done by the end of next week

Simon

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 07, 2018, 08:22:40 AM
We are aiming to have them all done by the end of next week

Simon
Thanks Simon looking forward to it

Westy

Simon

Did you know at least one of your Tividale vehicles cannot display the 31 & 32 correctly, displaying 301 & 302 instead?

Didnt get the number but it was in service today.

the trainbasher

Hi Simon.

Boarded one of your 251 services this morning with a Sandwell and Dudley nBus at Merry Hill to be told by the driver it wasn't valid, despite it saying nBus on the ticket.

Now I know, and I'm sure you know, that any ticket stating nBus is valid on Diamond, and that Merry Hill through to Stourbridge is in the Dudley and Sandwell nbus area, so why do some of your Kidderminster drivers seem to think that it's a NX product.

It took 2 NX drivers, a phone call by your driver and the Network West Midlands website to confirm that it is valid and that he should accept it, something which could have been simpler if there was a driver notice at the depot or on the drivers running board with which tickets would be accepted and which ones are not on each service.

The problem was compounded due to the fact that according to your driver, and my own quick look myself, that the product in question, which is a Transport for West Midlands product, wasn't even on the ticket machine for drivers to issue!

I dread to think how many of these valid tickets your drivers have failed to accept, and how many people Diamond have overcharged by not having this product available when it is meant to valid.

Can you arrange for your drivers to be reminded of valid products and what they look like on different ticket stock so this incident isn't repeated as it is not right that valid tickets are being rejected and the product to be put on ticket machines/advertised on bus.

I've attached a copy of the ticket in question below.

Tom

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on September 09, 2018, 07:12:31 PM
Simon

Did you know at least one of your Tividale vehicles cannot display the 31 & 32 correctly, displaying 301 & 302 instead?

Didnt get the number but it was in service today.

I have picked up the comments from elsewhere.  All the buses have the 31/32 on, we are going to remove 301 & 302 off all the blinds this weekend to stop this happening

Solo1

Would you consider extended the X16 to serve Tamworth town centre both ways

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 14, 2018, 12:32:42 PM
Hi Simon.

Boarded one of your 251 services this morning with a Sandwell and Dudley nBus at Merry Hill to be told by the driver it wasn't valid, despite it saying nBus on the ticket.

Now I know, and I'm sure you know, that any ticket stating nBus is valid on Diamond, and that Merry Hill through to Stourbridge is in the Dudley and Sandwell nbus area, so why do some of your Kidderminster drivers seem to think that it's a NX product.

It took 2 NX drivers, a phone call by your driver and the Network West Midlands website to confirm that it is valid and that he should accept it, something which could have been simpler if there was a driver notice at the depot or on the drivers running board with which tickets would be accepted and which ones are not on each service.

The problem was compounded due to the fact that according to your driver, and my own quick look myself, that the product in question, which is a Transport for West Midlands product, wasn't even on the ticket machine for drivers to issue!

I dread to think how many of these valid tickets your drivers have failed to accept, and how many people Diamond have overcharged by not having this product available when it is meant to valid.

Can you arrange for your drivers to be reminded of valid products and what they look like on different ticket stock so this incident isn't repeated as it is not right that valid tickets are being rejected and the product to be put on ticket machines/advertised on bus.

I've attached a copy of the ticket in question below.

Tom

Your are correct, this was a fault on our Ticket Machine set up and has been corrected

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on September 18, 2018, 09:16:33 AM
Would you consider extended the X16 to serve Tamworth town centre both ways

If there was sufficient demand

Solo1

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 21, 2018, 05:06:45 AM
If there was sufficient demand
you could trial it not sure how far from terminus to Tamworth town centre is but worth a try

the trainbasher

Would there be any potential mileage in changing the 226 during the daytime (say for example, during the times the current 250/251 run) back to every 15, but alternating journeys so 2 an hour run the current route through Swan Lane and Hawbush Road, with the other 2 an hour running Brierley Hill Road and Brockmoor, especially if NXWM remove the new tendered 23 service from Leys Road.

I know it'd mean 2 extra buses being required, but it'd certainly improve the level of service that passengers in Brockmoor would get (especially some of the more elderly who live on the Leys)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 21, 2018, 09:54:51 AM
Would there be any potential mileage in changing the 226 during the daytime (say for example, during the times the current 250/251 run) back to every 15, but alternating journeys so 2 an hour run the current route through Swan Lane and Hawbush Road, with the other 2 an hour running Brierley Hill Road and Brockmoor, especially if NXWM remove the new tendered 23 service from Leys Road.

I know it'd mean 2 extra buses being required, but it'd certainly improve the level of service that passengers in Brockmoor would get (especially some of the more elderly who live on the Leys)

The 226 route is already too long - so I wouldnt want to change this.

We have registered most of the journeys on the 250/251 commercially.

Trident 4194

Hi,

What's happened to 30201 and 30211?

Many thanks

Alex

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 23, 2018, 08:55:05 AM
Hi,

What's happened to 30201 and 30211?

Many thanks

30211 is withdrawn, and has been for a while as it was being stripped for spares when i went to the depot a few weeks back.
30201 is VOR.
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Simon Dunn

Solo1

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 19, 2018, 02:19:43 PM
No.

The 7 vehicles are to replace all the "63" plate Streetlites whose operating leases expire

Simon
any news on the 7 new street lites  thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk