News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persuer

@Simon Dunn It is a great thing that you are looking at updating your fleet but are there any plans to update some of the more tired buses that are on high frequency routes like the 002 for example?,

The reason I ask is that most days there are trips missed due to breakdowns and a lot of the busses on there really struggle to go uphill on many occasions

Thank

Simon Dunn

Quote from: persuer on August 21, 2018, 08:57:27 PM
@Simon Dunn It is a great thing that you are looking at updating your fleet but are there any plans to update some of the more tired buses that are on high frequency routes like the 002 for example?,

The reason I ask is that most days there are trips missed due to breakdowns and a lot of the busses on there really struggle to go uphill on many occasions

Thank

We are looking at options to change a number of buses

Trident 4194

@Simon Dunn more of a rant than a question. Every time you stick a royals on the 4H it ends up A) breaking down or B) returning to garage. This bus is then not replaced for a long time causing a number of trips to be missed, similar to the 002 actually. If these buses can't cope with these routes why put them on there in the first place. There's clearly an issue with a number of centros, which don't seem to be repaired. I like this company but my god the maintenance is atrocious.

30825 is one to return to garage today.

DJ

Hi Simon, are there any days, presumably a Sunday, where some of the newly liveried B7RLE's for the 42/43/43A aren't in use? If so, would it be possible to arrange a visit to the depot at all on one of these days, as I'd love to get some good reference images of one, so that I could recreate it for the Omsi Bus Simulator?
Many thanks,
Daniel.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 22, 2018, 12:58:24 PM
@Simon Dunn more of a rant than a question. Every time you stick a royals on the 4H it ends up A) breaking down or B) returning to garage. This bus is then not replaced for a long time causing a number of trips to be missed, similar to the 002 actually. If these buses can't cope with these routes why put them on there in the first place. There's clearly an issue with a number of centros, which don't seem to be repaired. I like this company but my god the maintenance is atrocious.

30825 is one to return to garage today.

I am currently on annual leave, so I am sorry about the delay.

30825 - you are correct it broke down today.  The vehicles alternator seized and the vehicle was swapped over.  We are currently using a lot of the spare capacity we have to repaint vehicles for another route, so there was an element of lost mileage. 

I apologise for this.  I am told this vehicle has now been fixed and returned to service

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourValley98 on August 22, 2018, 07:36:43 PM
Hi Simon, are there any days, presumably a Sunday, where some of the newly liveried B7RLE's for the 42/43/43A aren't in use? If so, would it be possible to arrange a visit to the depot at all on one of these days, as I'd love to get some good reference images of one, so that I could recreate it for the Omsi Bus Simulator?
Many thanks,
Daniel.

We have 5 vehicles in the 42/43 livery.  On a Sunday only 1 is in service.

You are more than welcome to take pictures on a Sunday.  If you want to arrange this, please email me the dates to simon.dunn@rotala.co.uk, so I can arrange for someone to be at the depot

Trident 4194

Reason for 30413 returning to garage today? Lots of these buses seem to go back garage in middle of the day?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 30, 2018, 08:12:55 PM
Reason for 30413 returning to garage today? Lots of these buses seem to go back garage in middle of the day?

I am told the vehicle experienced a defect, the defect wasnt safety related.  However, it was decided that as it would only take a few minutes to rectify the vehicle returned to depot to do this

Trident 4194

So 30413 been replaced by 20543 which smells of bleach- clearly just been put in service as a replacement
19:22 to Oldbury from Halesowen is a no show

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 03, 2018, 07:44:26 PM
So 30413 been replaced by 20543 which smells of bleach- clearly just been put in service as a replacement
19:22 to Oldbury from Halesowen is a no show

Does this relate to yesterday 3rd September?

Trident 4194

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 04, 2018, 08:30:21 AM
Does this relate to yesterday 3rd September?

I am told the Bleach was the cleaning material we use.  It had apparently just been cleaned before it went out.

I am told the 1915 Hayley Green service - the vehicle cut out just before this trip. 

V89MOA

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 02, 2018, 09:02:57 AM
1.  TfWM have a collection of Real time stop displays from VIX and an organisation that used to be called 21st Century.
2.  They are moving all RTI feeds and Bus Stop fees to ITO World
3.  At present operators provide data feeds to both ITO world and VIX.
4.  Eventually all bus stop information will come from ITO world.
5.  The ITO world platform will provide a RTI feed to Travelline.
6.  We provide a link to TfWM, we have done for some time and they are trying to integrate it. 
Simon I am curious to know if there are any updates on this yet? Tfwm's own staff don't seem to have a clue whats going on so I was wondering if you had heard anything your end? Given the roll out of West Midlands Bus on four (technically five) routes, I am amazed they have not sorted this by now.
Thanks in advance.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: V89MOA on September 06, 2018, 05:34:10 PM
Simon I am curious to know if there are any updates on this yet? Tfwm's own staff don't seem to have a clue whats going on so I was wondering if you had heard anything your end? Given the roll out of West Midlands Bus on four (technically five) routes, I am amazed they have not sorted this by now.
Thanks in advance.

Since our last communication not much has advanced.  The DfT has a consultation in process around Open access data.  It is expected that this will change the requirement and mandate the provision of this

I love Walsall buses

Hi Simon
When will you finish painting vechielsfor th 31/32 or how many are left to do

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk