News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 04, 2018, 03:53:31 PM
Does it have a fleet number or are you are able to give what 10 routes they could be on? Thanks

It will show as 11111 on the tracker

Simon Dunn

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on August 06, 2018, 11:09:19 AM
Hi Simon
Will the new 31/32 be doing a all night service the national express West Midlands so it would be every 15 minutes with diamond instead of every 30 minutes with national express West Midlands on its own

Our new service from September runs until Midnight and starts again around 0500 hrs in the morning. 

SImon

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 06, 2018, 04:30:56 PM
Our new service from September runs until Midnight and starts again around 0500 hrs in the morning. 

SImon

Very good!

Trident 4194

Simon, I'm very impressed with merc 11111 it's a very fine bus indeed, plenty of acceleration, good manoeuvrability, finished with lovely laminated flooring. Fellow passengers were also stating how nice the bus was.

Would you buy any or how are they performing regarding fuel consumption?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 15, 2018, 05:09:44 PM
Simon, I'm very impressed with merc 11111 it's a very fine bus indeed, plenty of acceleration, good manoeuvrability, finished with lovely laminated flooring. Fellow passengers were also stating how nice the bus was.

Would you buy any or how are they performing regarding fuel consumption?

So far this year, we have acquired 6 for Preston.  I met with the Manufacturer yesterday, and we are looking at an option to acquire a number for the West Midlands.  The fuel economy is around 15 mpg, although there is a concern that the heaters will significantly affect that when in operation.  In addition, how long will the bus last?  The cost is not substantially less than an E200 or Wrights Streetlite, but the vehicle won't last the same length of time.  We are waiting on a final price, which will influence on what we do next as we need to assess the whole life cost.

metrocity

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 16, 2018, 07:40:09 AM
So far this year, we have acquired 6 for Preston.  I met with the Manufacturer yesterday, and we are looking at an option to acquire a number for the West Midlands.  The fuel economy is around 15 mpg, although there is a concern that the heaters will significantly affect that when in operation.  In addition, how long will the bus last?  The cost is not substantially less than an E200 or Wrights Streetlite, but the vehicle won't last the same length of time.  We are waiting on a final price, which will influence on what we do next as we need to assess the whole life cost.
Does the vehicle capacity meet a typical TFWM contract specification?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: metrocity on August 16, 2018, 10:15:12 AM
Does the vehicle capacity meet a typical TFWM contract specification?

We have been allowed to operate the vehicle on a trial basis.  However, all contracts that we currently operate are awarded on a Minimum 25 seat basis - so historically no.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 16, 2018, 07:40:09 AM

Thankyou for that useful insight. If you wouldn't mind keeping us up to date.

Solo1

What a going to be used on the new 31/32  service in walsall

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on August 17, 2018, 09:12:25 AM
What a going to be used on the new 31/32  service in walsall

We will use the balance of the 62/13 plate Volvo's from Heathrow, plus the 4 x 13 plate Volvo's which currently operate on the 4.

Solo1

Will the ex central buses /Hanson's  now start to be painted as they will be  buses spare from the 42/43 service

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on August 18, 2018, 09:20:10 AM
Will the ex central buses /Hanson's  now start to be painted as they will be  buses spare from the 42/43 service

Priority is to paint the buses for the 31/32 service.  With the Scania's transferring in from Heathrow, the already transferred in Volvo's, the service reductions (2 PVR 42/43, 3 PVR 31/32, 2 PVR 318, plus Wessex transfers, and October contract losses) a lot of the older Hansons vehicles won't need to be painted.

At present we don't know all the answers to the questions, but we are continuing to park older vehicles up.

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Simon Dunn

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on August 19, 2018, 11:22:48 AM
@Simon Dunn what routes are up for tender this October?

This may not be everything.  However, I believe from memory the following

250/251
30/74A
26A
There are some other operators tenders, which I don't have to hand

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 19, 2018, 12:51:05 PM
This may not be everything.  However, I believe from memory the following

250/251
30/74A
26A
There are some other operators tenders, which I don't have to hand

@Simon Dunn Arriva's 3A is also one going out to tender. Apparently NXWM have won the evening/Sunday tender on the 3A, and the Sunday 19 tender. Both will be operated by Walsall Garage with the 3A being renumbered the 3 (like the daytime Arriva service), and cut back to The Parade in Brownhills.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk