News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BN on July 27, 2018, 05:30:21 PM
Simon,
Would this be the time to look at fleet variations and maybe look at the Scania's bypassing Midlands and joining the rest in the North, thus releasing back B7's to join the majority in the Midlands? Certainly an idea from an engineering perspective to try and minimise fleet makes/models which in turn eases familiarisation on skillset, stock holding etc.
Regards

You have a good point.  However, we are going to struggle to minimise fleet variation.  In addition the only vehicles I could swap the Scania's for would be the 13 plate Volvo's at Atherton.  It would be demotivating for them. 

BN

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 28, 2018, 07:35:26 AM
You have a good point.  However, we are going to struggle to minimise fleet variation.  In addition the only vehicles I could swap the Scania's for would be the 13 plate Volvo's at Atherton.  It would be demotivating for them.
Yes very true, I know how it feels. It is always a difficult call to make.
Thanks for the reply.

Solo1

what newer buses are Kidderminster having thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on July 29, 2018, 06:52:07 PM
what newer buses are Kidderminster having thanks

The Kidderminster PVR will drop as a result of the 318 loss, and the 2/10 revision.  I believe this and transferring in the 5 x 61 plate Scania's from Heathrow will allow us to remove all pre-2004 Dennis Darts

Simon

Solo1

When will the scanias be in service at Kidderminster & when service are they for thank you

Solo1

How long after Wessex closes will the buses enter service at depots they are going to  & take it they will be in fleet livery  is there a breakdown of what going where thank you

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 28, 2018, 07:33:14 AM
No - they will all transfer to Preston over the next few weeks.
Thanks for the reply.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on July 30, 2018, 07:24:17 AM
When will the scanias be in service at Kidderminster & when service are they for thank you

I would expect sometime during September. 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on July 30, 2018, 07:28:11 AM
How long after Wessex closes will the buses enter service at depots they are going to  & take it they will be in fleet livery  is there a breakdown of what going where thank you

We will move the vehicles on the Sunday around 2nd September.  I would imagine, after repaints we will start to see some after 9th. 

Solo1

Ok thanks what service will they be going on

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on July 30, 2018, 09:22:54 AM
Ok thanks what service will they be going on

We have not decided every vehicle yet.  However, I intend to take enough Solo SR's to finish the 226.

Trident 4194

Simon,

How long you intend to keep the minibus, and what routes will it be allocated to?

Many thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 03, 2018, 03:50:30 PM
Simon,

How long you intend to keep the minibus, and what routes will it be allocated to?

Many thanks

I presume you mean the Mercedes Mellor demonstrator.  If so, we have the vehicle for 2 weeks.  During that time, we are planning to use it on a cross section of the hardest working subsidised bus contract workings.  Our Traffic office have a list of the 10 hardest bus working boards, which leave the depot between 0600hrs to 0900 hrs and then return from 2330 hrs to 0045 hrs.

Simon

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 04, 2018, 07:05:11 AM
I presume you mean the Mercedes Mellor demonstrator.  If so, we have the vehicle for 2 weeks.  During that time, we are planning to use it on a cross section of the hardest working subsidised bus contract workings.  Our Traffic office have a list of the 10 hardest bus working boards, which leave the depot between 0600hrs to 0900 hrs and then return from 2330 hrs to 0045 hrs.

Simon

Does it have a fleet number or are you are able to give what 10 routes they could be on? Thanks

I love Walsall buses

Hi Simon
Will the new 31/32 be doing a all night service the national express West Midlands so it would be every 15 minutes with diamond instead of every 30 minutes with national express West Midlands on its own

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk