News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 27, 2018, 06:32:03 AM
The service numbers are changing to 31/32.  The Day time frequency will reduce.  The evening frequency will increase, and we will introduce a Sunday service.  I am sure at some point soon there will be an announcement from TfWM about it

Is that Sunday service on the 32 as well as the 31?

Any chance of you being included on the Nwm leaflet this time?

Stu

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 27, 2018, 01:15:05 PM
TfWM have asked that we paint all our new vehicles into this livery - I can't see it happening. 

We operate vehicles in/out of Birmingham from Redditch, and by default some of our Redditch fleet operates in Solihull or could be used in Birmingham.  I do not like the thought and I can't imagine the people of Redditch would want a bus with West Midlands combined authority on it.  So at this point, we see no reason to do it.

If we have joint parntership routes, we will  consider it at the time. 

Thanks for an honest answer. Legally, I guess there's no way that TfWM/WMCA can 'force' operators to adopt this new livery? As they don't own the vehicles, or 'hire' them to operators.

What I guess they could do is where tendered route contracts come up for renewal, they could require suitably liveried vehicles as part of the tender specifications? This would then mean that operators would need 'dedicated' vehicles for those services?

It would be nice to hear the thoughts of other West Midlands operators on this subject. It seems to me that our Mayor wants a London-style integrated transport network, without the taxpayer burden.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

V89MOA

Good on you, at the end of the day Simon you are a commercial Business and I do not know who TfWM think they are dictating the odds as to which livery your vehicles wear... Do you have any plans to resist the combined ticketing system they want to force on you too?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on July 27, 2018, 01:51:27 PM
Is that Sunday service on the 32 as well as the 31?

Any chance of you being included on the Nwm leaflet this time?

Yes the 32 has a Sunday service on it.  NWM may include it.  It isn't our choice

Simon Dunn

Quote from: V89MOA on July 27, 2018, 01:58:14 PM
Good on you, at the end of the day Simon you are a commercial Business and I do not know who TfWM think they are dictating the odds as to which livery your vehicles wear... Do you have any plans to resist the combined ticketing system they want to force on you too?

There is talk of all sorts of Ticketing schemes.  We already have the Multi-Operator products.  What combined ticketing are you referring to?

Dylanbusboy45

Do you have any plans to purchase any of the Yourbus Citaros when they are replaced by new vehicles for your Preston and North West operations like you have done previously ?

DJ

Are you able to state what types of vehicles will be repainted into the TfWM livery to be used on the 42/43, and will there be any changes to these routes to match the NXWM operated versions at all?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

V89MOA

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 27, 2018, 02:16:43 PM
There is talk of all sorts of Ticketing schemes.  We already have the Multi-Operator products.  What combined ticketing are you referring to?
Supposedly the plans include cross operator ticketing on these combined flagship routes (42/43 etc.) whereby each operator would have to accept and issue other operators own tickets like Daysaver or the Value day ticket etc. Something which sounds impractical anyway given the two different ticket issuing systems in use and throws up even more complications with Swift.

BN

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 27, 2018, 01:08:40 PM
A number of vehicles are being transferred in from Wessex, and Heathrow (at least 5 Volvo's and 5 Scania's).  These vehicles will be repainted.  At the same time, we have some PVR reductions.

Whatever is the balance of fleet, we will repaint.  We expect to be able to remove around 20 of the older vehicles, these will be removed and not painted. 

Simon
Simon,
Would this be the time to look at fleet variations and maybe look at the Scania's bypassing Midlands and joining the rest in the North, thus releasing back B7's to join the majority in the Midlands? Certainly an idea from an engineering perspective to try and minimise fleet makes/models which in turn eases familiarisation on skillset, stock holding etc.
Regards

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on July 27, 2018, 02:25:13 PM
Do you have any plans to purchase any of the Yourbus Citaros when they are replaced by new vehicles for your Preston and North West operations like you have done previously ?

No.  Our oldest vehicles in Preston are the Double Deck fleet.  We have transfers in from Wessex which should resolve this.  The rest of the double deck fleet operate school contracts, and the older buses are well within contract compliance and suitable to continue.

In Manchester we have earmarked 5 x Solos, 3 x 61 plates, 2 x 60 plates to replace the older Solo's in Eccles.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 27, 2018, 02:36:40 PM
Are you able to state what types of vehicles will be repainted into the TfWM livery to be used on the 42/43, and will there be any changes to these routes to match the NXWM operated versions at all?

There will be 5 x 62/13 plate Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse vehicles which are repainted.  1 is in paint now, 1 in service for a few days, and 1 is being prepped.  There are a few to be released from Heathrow, which the Streetlites have been acquired to do this.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: V89MOA on July 27, 2018, 02:40:08 PM
Supposedly the plans include cross operator ticketing on these combined flagship routes (42/43 etc.) whereby each operator would have to accept and issue other operators own tickets like Daysaver or the Value day ticket etc. Something which sounds impractical anyway given the two different ticket issuing systems in use and throws up even more complications with Swift.

I am not sure what is confidential at this point, and the last thing I want to do is breach confidentiality. 

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 27, 2018, 05:46:45 PM
No.  Our oldest vehicles in Preston are the Double Deck fleet.  We have transfers in from Wessex which should resolve this.  The rest of the double deck fleet operate school contracts, and the older buses are well within contract compliance and suitable to continue.

In Manchester we have earmarked 5 x Solos, 3 x 61 plates, 2 x 60 plates to replace the older Solo's in Eccles.

Simon

Thanks for the reply Simon  :)

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 27, 2018, 05:46:45 PM

Simon
With the following school routes now withdrawn:
https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/cancellation-of-services-to-st-francis-and-q3-academy/

Will the deckers remain at Tividale?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on July 27, 2018, 05:59:26 PM
With the following school routes now withdrawn:
https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/cancellation-of-services-to-st-francis-and-q3-academy/

Will the deckers remain at Tividale?

No - they will all transfer to Preston over the next few weeks. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk