News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 13, 2018, 12:49:42 AM
Hi Simon, can you provide any information on the new registration for the routes 42A and 42C at all, as well as if this includes any changes to the 43? Thanks.

The changes in essence reduce the daytime service, put in place an evening service and Sunday service.

Simon

DJ

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 13, 2018, 04:34:48 PM
The changes in essence reduce the daytime service, put in place an evening service and Sunday service.

Simon

Thanks for the response, it's much appreciated. It'll be nice for the elderly residents that live near the 42/43 routes to have a better Sunday service, and I can understand reducing the daytime frequency as having a combined frequency of around every 10 mins between West Bromwich and the top of St Marks Rd, Tipton did seem a bit much at times. The only thing left to do is to bring back the 'royale' buses that were originally on the routes.  ;)

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Trident 4194

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 13, 2018, 06:19:35 PM
Thanks for the response, it's much appreciated. It'll be nice for the elderly residents that live near the 42/43 routes to have a better Sunday service, and I can understand reducing the daytime frequency as having a combined frequency of around every 10 mins between West Bromwich and the top of St Marks Rd, Tipton did seem a bit much at times. The only thing left to do is to bring back the 'royale' buses that were originally on the routes.  ;)

Just to add to this the royales are bost and so are most of tividale buses. It's awful that you think it's adequate to give the drivers such piles of rubbish

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 13, 2018, 07:20:32 PM
Just to add to this the royales are bost and so are most of tividale buses. It's awful that you think it's adequate to give the drivers such piles of rubbish

We have a difference of opinion.

We intend to continually invest in our fleet.

Westy

Have you ever considered extending either extending the 301 onto Lower Farm or the 302 onto Mossley, filling in the 'gap' on the Turnberry Estate, otherwise served by Arriva as a TfWm contract?

You could interwork them both!

Surprised  its never been tried by yourselves or NX!

Steveminor

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 14, 2018, 12:15:40 AM
We have a difference of opinion.

We intend to continually invest in our fleet.

I agree with trident4194

Jack

Stu

Hi Simon,

I've been asked on my WMBU Facebook page about changes to the 287 (Stourbridge to Merry Hill) service, can you advise if there are going to be any timetable changes from August?

Thanks in advance!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on July 17, 2018, 06:06:42 PM
Hi Simon,

I've been asked on my WMBU Facebook page about changes to the 287 (Stourbridge to Merry Hill) service, can you advise if there are going to be any timetable changes from August?

Thanks in advance!

Our 287 contract terminates during October, in line with the TfWM tender round.

There are no changes until then.  I suspect at this point, the service will change.

Simon

Solo1

What is the changes to 301/302 now it's  registered thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on July 27, 2018, 04:33:47 AM
What is the changes to 301/302 now it's  registered thanks

The service numbers are changing to 31/32.  The Day time frequency will reduce.  The evening frequency will increase, and we will introduce a Sunday service.  I am sure at some point soon there will be an announcement from TfWM about it

Solo1

Apart from the repaints for 42/43  & 31/32  are any more in for repaint
Like the ex central buses fleet thanks

RW

What, if any, are the implications of the TfWM 'one network' initiative for Diamond? Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere and responded to.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on July 27, 2018, 07:25:46 AM
Apart from the repaints for 42/43  & 31/32  are any more in for repaint
Like the ex central buses fleet thanks
A number of vehicles are being transferred in from Wessex, and Heathrow (at least 5 Volvo's and 5 Scania's).  These vehicles will be repainted.  At the same time, we have some PVR reductions.

Whatever is the balance of fleet, we will repaint.  We expect to be able to remove around 20 of the older vehicles, these will be removed and not painted. 

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: RW on July 27, 2018, 12:33:48 PM
What, if any, are the implications of the TfWM 'one network' initiative for Diamond? Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere and responded to.

TfWM have asked that we paint all our new vehicles into this livery - I can't see it happening. 

We operate vehicles in/out of Birmingham from Redditch, and by default some of our Redditch fleet operates in Solihull or could be used in Birmingham.  I do not like the thought and I can't imagine the people of Redditch would want a bus with West Midlands combined authority on it.  So at this point, we see no reason to do it.

If we have joint parntership routes, we will  consider it at the time. 

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk