News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 04, 2018, 08:45:41 PM
I have became aware of one vehicle we have missed and that will be rectified in the next few days.

What vehicles do you think, don't have the fleet name on?

I dont have the numbers, but it was the double decker & ex Wessex vehicles on the 301 & I think a E200 on the 302.

The double decker & E200 were in full Central including fleetname, livery.

Surely you should be able to id the vehicles concerned from your daily allocation lists?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Westy on July 04, 2018, 09:14:31 PM
I dont have the numbers, but it was the double decker & ex Wessex vehicles on the 301 & I think a E200 on the 302.

The double decker & E200 were in full Central including fleetname, livery.

Surely you should be able to id the vehicles concerned from your daily allocation lists?

I believe the e200 is 30963 or 30964. Seen on 002 Monday I recall

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 04, 2018, 08:45:41 PM
I have became aware of one vehicle we have missed and that will be rectified in the next few days.

What vehicles do you think, don't have the fleet name on?
2 ex wessex vehicles without any fleetnames (at Redditch) are 30528 and 30529.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

midlandred2003

Yesterday I arrived at the stop in Stourbridge road Halesowen at 1705 for a 4H bus due at 1709 my phone said due in 8 minutes, I checked 10 minutes later no mention of any bus. At 1730 a diamond bus appeared put my hand out and it sailed passed with not in service displayed a 4H eventually arrived at 1750. 45 minutes stood in the blazing sunshine with no shade no joke next time I will walk to the bus station and use Nat Ex.

Trident 4194

Quote from: midlandred2003 on July 05, 2018, 08:56:31 AM
Yesterday I arrived at the stop in Stourbridge road Halesowen at 1705 for a 4H bus due at 1709 my phone said due in 8 minutes, I checked 10 minutes later no mention of any bus. At 1730 a diamond bus appeared put my hand out and it sailed passed with not in service displayed a 4H eventually arrived at 1750. 45 minutes stood in the blazing sunshine with no shade no joke next time I will walk to the bus station and use Nat Ex.

The one at 17:09 was 15 minutes late and decided he was going to run along the expressway from Hayley green therefore missing out the entire of the Hayley green- blackheath section I imagine. Not sure on the rest but it's quite common at that time of the night. It's a decision between diamonds run constantly late and go fast to make up time, or nx where they give so much running time to counter any delays. I find nx running time a bit excessive in peaks and can result in passengers waiting on buses for ages. Whereas diamonds there's no time at all and then they have to run short or just run 25 mins late+

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 04, 2018, 09:22:19 PM
I believe the e200 is 30963 or 30964. Seen on 002 Monday I recall

I believe the vinyls have now been changed

Simon Dunn

Quote from: midlandred2003 on July 05, 2018, 08:56:31 AM

I have yet to review the data myself.  However, I am told that the bus did serve the stop.  If you want to send me your email address, I will send a copy of the data.

Simon

Trident 4194

You say the B7RLES are the best vehicles in the tividale fleet correct? Then why do the ex Redditch ones seem to be overheating so badly, causing buses to miss out trips whilst they cool down? I understand this weather is an extreme of what we are used too, but some countries have to deal with this heat consistently. Is it really that difficult to maintain a bus to a satisfactory standard?

midlandred2003

Hi Simon thank you for your reply, how ever I presume the data shows that the vehicle followed the line of route which would be the bus that came passed showing not in service. The timeline on my phone can confirm I was at the Slims Gate stop 17;05-17:50 if the bus that passed empty was the 17;07 x Halesowen what happened to the 17:22 & 17;37 buses?
I had a diamond day ticket so was reliant on that service, I don't use buses very often but will buy two singles next time and use which ever operator turns up first until I get my OAP pass in a couple of months time.

woody38

Hi Simon not really a Diamond bus issue but what is the future for Wessex bus, as somebody who used to use your buses in Bristol there doesn't seem a lot left, another service in Bath finishes in Septembr. On another forum people are saying Rotala are closing it down, with the app finishing is there any truth in these rumours.

Kevin

Simon
With a base now in Tamworth, would Diamond have any aspirations to expand on that? Any tendered work in that part of the world or even build up some genuine new routes (say into Sutton via Mere Green instead of just copying the 110)?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

DJ

Hi Simon, can you provide any information on the new registration for the routes 42A and 42C at all, as well as if this includes any changes to the 43? Thanks.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 08, 2018, 10:44:22 AM
You say the B7RLES are the best vehicles in the tividale fleet correct? Then why do the ex Redditch ones seem to be overheating so badly, causing buses to miss out trips whilst they cool down? I understand this weather is an extreme of what we are used too, but some countries have to deal with this heat consistently. Is it really that difficult to maintain a bus to a satisfactory standard?

The heat we are experiencing this year is extreme and is affecting reliability.  Yes other countries have more severe weather than the UK, but the vehicle is designed differently to cope with this.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: woody38 on July 08, 2018, 05:33:08 PM
Hi Simon not really a Diamond bus issue but what is the future for Wessex bus, as somebody who used to use your buses in Bristol there doesn't seem a lot left, another service in Bath finishes in Septembr. On another forum people are saying Rotala are closing it down, with the app finishing is there any truth in these rumours.

We have closed down the App as we have changed ticket machine supplier from Parkeon to Ticketer.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Kevin on July 10, 2018, 04:50:48 PM
Simon
With a base now in Tamworth, would Diamond have any aspirations to expand on that? Any tendered work in that part of the world or even build up some genuine new routes (say into Sutton via Mere Green instead of just copying the 110)?

As we have a Tamworth base, we will look for opportunities in the area.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk