News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 22, 2018, 07:41:22 PM
Simon do you plan to brand the rest of the value and 13 plate buses for the 4H? Are these more reliable than the 58 plates?? Must do a lot of mileage on the 4H every day.

Many thanks

All the Volvo's have been/are a reliable bus.  We are going to do a lot of changes to the 42/43, 301/2 from 19th August.  These are value routes and the branding will change. 

With the influx of Volvo's from Heathrow we will assess once we have what we use on the 4.

At the present moment in time, I can't say what these changes are but we are only a few weeks away from when these need to be registered

Simon

DJ

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 23, 2018, 05:17:31 PM
All the Volvo's have been/are a reliable bus.  We are going to do a lot of changes to the 42/43, 301/2 from 19th August.  These are value routes and the branding will change. 

With the influx of Volvo's from Heathrow we will assess once we have what we use on the 4.

At the present moment in time, I can't say what these changes are but we are only a few weeks away from when these need to be registered

Simon

Are you referring to the 42/43 from West Bromwich to Tipton and Bilston?

If you are, do you plan on changing the 43 route to match the NXWM service that goes past Morrisons in Bilston, rather than past Loxdale?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Are you increasing the 301 / 302 timetable?

Cant see why you have to slavishly copy Nx & not innovate your own bits.

For example, you could link the 301 & 302 & run them both through the Turnberry Estate, interworking on the way!

(You use Somerfield Road in Leamore/Bloxwich for out of service journeys, along with Leabrook Road in Wednesbury, but these roads are not important for a proper/improved service!)

@Westy - Simon's already clearly said he can't say what the changes are until they're registered

Simon

Westy

No need to get on your high horse Winston!

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on June 24, 2018, 10:03:27 AM
No need to get on your high horse Winston!

All should be clear in a few weeks

Westy

Westy

You might want to look at your displays again, as I've seen at least 2 buses in Walsall displaying 29 Blakenhall, when it should be Blakenall.

Westy

If its going to take time to repaint vehicles, fair enough, but why cant you  put a Diamond sticker over the accquired operators liveries until you can do so?

I caught that ex Central double decker on the Bloxwich service earlier & the driver at least once had to tell intending passengers he was a Diamond vehicle, not Central.

Also noted was an E200 in full Central livery & fleetnames & that ex Wessex vehicle.

Unless you know who operates what, how are passengers supposed which vehicles are Diamonds?

(I also noted an ex Hansons full livered Dart on the 401e the other day as well!)

You managed to put Diamond stickers on the ex Arrivas quick enough, so what is the issue with the ex Hanson & Central vehicles?

Trident 4194

Why the sudden increase in unfamiliar drivers on routes? Have some left? Or had changes to rotas? Please ensure they know what stand to stop at.

The Warwicshire County Council timetables at the bus stops in Coleshill and Water Orton still say the 75 service is operated by Central Buses.
Will these be changed to show the service is operated by Diamond?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on June 29, 2018, 08:17:03 PM
You might want to look at your displays again, as I've seen at least 2 buses in Walsall displaying 29 Blakenhall, when it should be Blakenall.

We are aware and rectifying - thank you

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on July 03, 2018, 10:37:16 PM
If its going to take time to repaint vehicles, fair enough, but why cant you  put a Diamond sticker over the accquired operators liveries until you can do so?

I caught that ex Central double decker on the Bloxwich service earlier & the driver at least once had to tell intending passengers he was a Diamond vehicle, not Central.

Also noted was an E200 in full Central livery & fleetnames & that ex Wessex vehicle.

Unless you know who operates what, how are passengers supposed which vehicles are Diamonds?

(I also noted an ex Hansons full livered Dart on the 401e the other day as well!)

You managed to put Diamond stickers on the ex Arrivas quick enough, so what is the issue with the ex Hanson & Central vehicles?

I have became aware of one vehicle we have missed and that will be rectified in the next few days.

What vehicles do you think, don't have the fleet name on?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 04, 2018, 08:21:27 AM
Why the sudden increase in unfamiliar drivers on routes? Have some left? Or had changes to rotas? Please ensure they know what stand to stop at.

There is always a general churn of staff in any bus business.  Is there any route/ any driver in particular you are referring to?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on July 04, 2018, 09:52:32 AM
The Warwicshire County Council timetables at the bus stops in Coleshill and Water Orton still say the 75 service is operated by Central Buses.
Will these be changed to show the service is operated by Diamond?

I will raise the point with Warwickshire.  Thank you for the observation

Simon

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 04, 2018, 08:46:40 PM
There is always a general churn of staff in any bus business.  Is there any route/ any driver in particular you are referring to?

I just wondered you can tell there new by the way they drive the buses. Also what is your stance on drivers using other operators uniform? A de coursey driver was driving a diamond bus on Tuesday. I am familiar with most of the drivers on my local route however it seems some of the guys who have been on here for ages are disappearing and being replaced. Part of what makes diamond good is the rapor drivers have with customers and is arguably one of the biggest advantages over nx. Just hope they haven't left or been moved.

Many thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk