News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BN on June 19, 2018, 07:21:42 PM
I understand revenue is not ideal in Kidderminster, but I see a business case for the balance to join the fleet there and minimise the number of vehicle types?

The routes that generate enough income, have modern vehicles operating on them in Kidderminster

A number of the routes in Kidderminster do not and have not for some time covered their direct costs of operation (fuel, wages, etc)

We are going to do so some service changes.  If this doesnt improve, then we will remove them. 

The Streetlites are a light weight vehicle.  A lot of the routes in Kidderminster require heavy weight vehicles.

So based upon both these facts it doesnt make sense replacing the buses we currently operate.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on June 19, 2018, 08:42:36 PM
I would of thought  the  10 reg solo sr's would of gone rather than the leased streetlites

The 10 plate Solo's are owned outright.  The 63 plate Streetlites and rented/leased from a Finance company.  Therefore, this gives the opportunity to replace without having to sell

BN

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 20, 2018, 05:11:11 AM
The routes that generate enough income, have modern vehicles operating on them in Kidderminster

A number of the routes in Kidderminster do not and have not for some time covered their direct costs of operation (fuel, wages, etc)

We are going to do so some service changes.  If this doesnt improve, then we will remove them. 

The Streetlites are a light weight vehicle.  A lot of the routes in Kidderminster require heavy weight vehicles.

So based upon both these facts it doesnt make sense replacing the buses we currently operate.

Many thanks for the comments Simon.

DMCL

Simon - I always find your comments interesting and helpful. When you say "a lot of the routes in Kidderminster require heavy weight vehicles" could you please explain what it is about the routes that mean this is a requirement. Please forgive me if this is a basic question that I ought to know the answer to!

David

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DMCL on June 20, 2018, 11:02:10 AM
Simon - I always find your comments interesting and helpful. When you say "a lot of the routes in Kidderminster require heavy weight vehicles" could you please explain what it is about the routes that mean this is a requirement. Please forgive me if this is a basic question that I ought to know the answer to!

David

We have found that Cummins, MAN, engine vehicles do not stand up to operating on the terrain.   

It is why we have moved more Volvo engine vehicles into the fleet, and placed them on the routes which perform better with these vehicles on.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 20, 2018, 08:39:50 PM
We have found that Cummins, MAN, engine vehicles do not stand up to operating on the terrain.   

It is why we have moved more Volvo engine vehicles into the fleet, and placed them on the routes which perform better with these vehicles on.

How come you didn't transfer more Volvos to Kidderminster?? Swapping 08/09 reg mans for 08/58 plate volvos(3085*). Most tividale routes don't get above 30, shortish routes??
You considered debranding the 228 branded e200s to use on other routes or indeed allowing the Optare metrocity? To venture onto other routes??

Many thanks

Metrorider

Kidderminster has been a poison chalice for any operator years now, I was involved with MRW right back in 1992 - 1995 and half of it was loss making even back then! Badgerline as it was at the time made a huge mistake closing the Birmingham operation and keeping Kidderminster, Birmingham/Black Country was at the time still profitable but there were other problems on the horizon (impending closure of the Bull Ring Bus Station and the impending loss of fuel/maintenance facilities at the old Digbeth coach station).
Paul.

Jack

Are more 56 plate Primo's due to be withdrawn?

Will the 25 be getting any amendments to run on time? It often runs very late.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 20, 2018, 09:16:06 PM
How come you didn't transfer more Volvos to Kidderminster?? Swapping 08/09 reg mans for 08/58 plate volvos(3085*). Most tividale routes don't get above 30, shortish routes??
You considered debranding the 228 branded e200s to use on other routes or indeed allowing the Optare metrocity? To venture onto other routes??

Many thanks

I think the Volvo B7RLE's are some of the best buses we have.  Would you put some of the best buses on some of the worst financially performing routes you have?

The Optare's operate on the 125. 

We are painting a lot of buses all the time, as they are painted our view may change

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on June 20, 2018, 10:05:03 PM
Are more 56 plate Primo's due to be withdrawn?

Will the 25 be getting any amendments to run on time? It often runs very late.

Our primary focus is to remove the oldest vehicles, so unless one gives a problem they are not our immediate focus.

Which 25?

Jack

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 21, 2018, 05:58:43 AM
Our primary focus is to remove the oldest vehicles, so unless one gives a problem they are not our immediate focus.

Which 25?
Tividale 25. (Ward End - Erdington).

Solo1

Which buses are now in for paint please

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on June 21, 2018, 07:33:32 AM
Tividale 25. (Ward End - Erdington).

Jack

I have just looked at a reliability report for this week and there isn't a problem.

I presume by your message, you have had problems.  When was this?

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on June 21, 2018, 08:44:25 AM
Which buses are now in for paint please

Current vehicles in paint

20974 - painted white to return off lease

Trident 4194

Simon do you plan to brand the rest of the value and 13 plate buses for the 4H? Are these more reliable than the 58 plates?? Must do a lot of mileage on the 4H every day.

Many thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk