News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on May 17, 2018, 07:37:30 PM
Any reason why one Diamond 301 arrived in Walsall around 515pm tonight, driver gets off & disappears for about 5 mins, gets back on & drives off without his passengers!

(In the meantime, another Diamond 301 drives past, as he's unable to access the stand anyway!)

Everyone had to pile on an NX E200 instead, which was rammed until Leamore!

I am sorry about this.  The driver shouldn't have done this.  We have identified who this was, and he has been dealt with

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on May 18, 2018, 09:37:35 PM
Will anymore Optare Solo SR's be arriving for the 226, or is just YJ66 APU and YJ66 APO?

We are planning to replace all the 226 buses.  We are just looking at options

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on May 18, 2018, 10:40:11 PM
If your not impressed with the  versas  will you be getting rid off them or keeping them

We will keep them for the time being

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourValley98 on May 20, 2018, 09:59:35 PM
Hi Simon, I hope you're doing well. Are there any plans for an open day in the future at the Tividale depot? Thanks.

Dear Sir,

This summer we need to start our building/demolishing work which is going to take some time.  It doesnt make sense until this is concluded to have too many visitors on site

Simon

DJ

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 23, 2018, 03:43:02 PM
Dear Sir,

This summer we need to start our building/demolishing work which is going to take some time.  It doesnt make sense until this is concluded to have too many visitors on site

Simon

Understandable, thanks for the answer and have a great day. :)

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

1. Will 32308 ever get its Signature branding applied?

2. If you get rid of the Ex-Central Versa's in the near future, wouldn't it also make sense to get rid of 30404/5 both branded for Signature?

metrocity

I've heard new vehicles may be on order - can you confirm? If so can you share any further details?

Thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on May 23, 2018, 08:50:27 PM
1. Will 32308 ever get its Signature branding applied?

2. If you get rid of the Ex-Central Versa's in the near future, wouldn't it also make sense to get rid of 30404/5 both branded for Signature?

1.  No

2.  There is no intention to sell any of them

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: metrocity on June 18, 2018, 07:37:33 PM
I've heard new vehicles may be on order - can you confirm? If so can you share any further details?

Thanks

We have agreed to acquire

5 x Mellor Mercedes Sprinter 21 seaters for Preston.
An additional 24 x Wrights Streetlites on Euro 6 Daimlar engines.  8 will go to Heathrow.  7 will go to Redditch.  The Balance is undecided at present.

Simon

Solo1

Are the 7 street lites  for Redditch  for the signature service in solihull.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on June 19, 2018, 07:41:38 AM
Are the 7 street lites  for Redditch  for the signature service in solihull.

No.

The 7 vehicles are to replace all the "63" plate Streetlites whose operating leases expire

Simon

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 19, 2018, 02:19:43 PM
No.

The 7 vehicles are to replace all the "63" plate Streetlites whose operating leases expire

Simon
Would that mean they are going to be used on a mixture of different routes like the 63 plates are currently, for example 30163 seems to be a regular on the 28A at the minute, or would they be used on 1 specific route?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 2206 on June 19, 2018, 03:14:28 PM
Would that mean they are going to be used on a mixture of different routes like the 63 plates are currently, for example 30163 seems to be a regular on the 28A at the minute, or would they be used on 1 specific route?

Potentially - although there main use should be the Redditch local services.

BN

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 19, 2018, 05:48:54 PM
Potentially - although there main use should be the Redditch local services.

I understand revenue is not ideal in Kidderminster, but I see a business case for the balance to join the fleet there and minimise the number of vehicle types?

Solo1

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 19, 2018, 02:19:43 PM
No.

Simon
I would of thought  the  10 reg solo sr's would of gone rather than the leased streetlites

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk