News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on April 17, 2018, 07:35:34 PM
1. Have both 30201 and 30509 returned to service?

2. Will the 68A/C be having any improvements soont? The route is in shambles and broke. Very unreliable.

3. Will 30704 be returning to service?

1.  30509

Is awaiting parts

2.  30201

Is still VOR

3.  68 A/C

We are not aware of any problems, and I am told we have not recieved a complaint about for a while.  Is there anything specific I can look into

4.  30704

yes

Jack

Are 30201 and 30509 any closer to coming back?

Tony

Quote from: Jack on May 06, 2018, 06:39:55 PM
Are 30201 and 30509 any closer to coming back?

This subject isn't for you to keep asking about the same vehicles every two weeks

Solo1

When will the metro city buses & versa going for paint as they will look good in diamond livery

Simon Dunn

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on May 07, 2018, 11:02:44 AM
When will the metro city buses & versa going for paint as they will look good in diamond livery

We are working our way through the Kidderminster fleet.  So, I would imagine soon.

Solo1

So Kidderminster will be done first then then the Tamworth fleet followed  by Redditch & tividale

Jack

How many vehicles are sent from a garage to repaint? E.g. Kidderminster have had 30001 done, is it one vehicle at a time?

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on May 08, 2018, 09:53:05 AM
So Kidderminster will be done first then then the Tamworth fleet followed  by Redditch & tividale

Kidderminster has a lot of capacity following some service revisions, so it has been easier to release vehicles there.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on May 08, 2018, 04:42:54 PM
How many vehicles are sent from a garage to repaint? E.g. Kidderminster have had 30001 done, is it one vehicle at a time?

I am aware that EU06KPA has been painted and I am told three more will go into paint today, which includes one of YJ66APO or YJ66APU

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack6101 on May 08, 2018, 06:59:19 PM
Are any new buses on order ??

Not as yet.  The Euro 6 Streetlites have suffered from Electrical problems, which until the Engine interface is changed will not correct.  We have not been impressed with the E200's or the Optares we have taken on from the Central acquisition, and in my opinion they are not a robust enough product for some of the markets in which we operate.

I don't like the Volvo MCV combination and they have only built 30 Wrights versions this year, so I am concerned about aftermarket support.

I think the Citaro product is a good product, how fuel efficency is poor and the Aftermarket support from Evobus in my opinion is the worst of any manufacturer. 

Acquiring new buses increases costs in the business, these costs are normally offset by reduction in other costs areas.  At present, with the poor product reliability and choice it is making it difficult to justify new bus investment.  We do however, need to continue to invest and inparticular in Euro 6 emmission standard buses. 

None of this doesnt mean we wont acquire new buses.     

Solo1

Solo1

What buses are JY66APO/APU  Please thank you as that not listed

@Solo1 - They are registered YJ66APO/APU (due to be branded for the 226 before anyone asks) - do a Google search all will become clear, they are very recent acquisitions, Winston

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 09, 2018, 08:57:39 AM
Not as yet.  The Euro 6 Streetlites have suffered from Electrical problems, which until the Engine interface is changed will not correct.  We have not been impressed with the E200's or the Optares we have taken on from the Central acquisition, and in my opinion they are not a robust enough product for some of the markets in which we operate.

I don't like the Volvo MCV combination and they have only built 30 Wrights versions this year, so I am concerned about aftermarket support.

I think the Citaro product is a good product, how fuel efficency is poor and the Aftermarket support from Evobus in my opinion is the worst of any manufacturer. 

Acquiring new buses increases costs in the business, these costs are normally offset by reduction in other costs areas.  At present, with the poor product reliability and choice it is making it difficult to justify new bus investment.  We do however, need to continue to invest and inparticular in Euro 6 emmission standard buses. 

None of this doesnt mean we wont acquire new buses.   

You have your own E200's already dont you?

Whats the difference between yours & the ex Centrals, especially if you have an issue with theirs?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk