News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 15, 2018, 09:32:25 AM
We will start with the newer vehicles and unless we sell the older vehicles before they are done - yes

The reason I ask is you were quick sticking Diamond labels on the ex Arrivas, but not as quick on the ex Centrals & the odd Hansons.

Smethwickian

My elderly parents live in part of Smethwick relying heavily on service 21 to access shops in Bearwood and Oldbury as well as their doctor's surgery, dentist and optician in Bearwood and council offices and library in Oldbury.

Sadly,  they complain frequently about its unreliability and have informed me of three journeys this week alone which failed to operate, leaving them waiting an hour or having to take a two-bus alternative detour.

They note that the variety of mainly elderly vehicles changes daily, including random ex-Central and ex-Hansons buses among others.

They have in previous weeks telephoned Diamond to be given various explanations involving breakdowns and non-availability of vehicles.

After the latest let-downs this week I have advised them that they need to make a detailed note of failures and delays on this service and that their next step will be to submit this log regularly to TfWM, which I understand pays for the service to operate. Sadly, the organisation needs to know that it is not getting what it is paying taxpayers' money for.

Jack

Have you any plans on rebranding the 401E, aka the Yew Tree Connection route?

Also where is 30886? Somebody told me it's been waiting for a new engine?

Also will you be repainting the two Ex Hansons '55' plate big Darts at Tividale? (30893/4) They slightly look jaded.

metrocity

Quote from: Westy on April 15, 2018, 10:44:49 AM
The reason I ask is you were quick sticking Diamond labels on the ex Arrivas, but not as quick on the ex Centrals & the odd Hansons.
Totally different - they acquired the 'brand' for Central and Hanson's along with their entire bus operations. This was not the case with Arriva

metrocity

Quote from: Smethwickian on April 15, 2018, 01:53:50 PM
My elderly parents live in part of Smethwick relying heavily on service 21 to access shops in Bearwood and Oldbury as well as their doctor's surgery, dentist and optician in Bearwood and council offices and library in Oldbury.

Sadly,  they complain frequently about its unreliability and have informed me of three journeys this week alone which failed to operate, leaving them waiting an hour or having to take a two-bus alternative detour.

They note that the variety of mainly elderly vehicles changes daily, including random ex-Central and ex-Hansons buses among others.

They have in previous weeks telephoned Diamond to be given various explanations involving breakdowns and non-availability of vehicles.

After the latest let-downs this week I have advised them that they need to make a detailed note of failures and delays on this service and that their next step will be to submit this log regularly to TfWM, which I understand pays for the service to operate. Sadly, the organisation needs to know that it is not getting what it is paying taxpayers' money for.
TFWM will already be aware of compliance levels for all operators on tendered services. ETM data is fed back to them using EP Morris software

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on April 15, 2018, 10:44:49 AM

We have removed a number of exHansons vehicles from service, we plan to increase this from tomorrow

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Smethwickian on April 15, 2018, 01:53:50 PM

I am surprised by your comments.

I am aware of historical performance issues, before our acquisition.  I was informed this had improved.  If there are specific dates and problems, please message me and I will have them looked into ASAP

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on April 15, 2018, 02:31:50 PM
Have you any plans on rebranding the 401E, aka the Yew Tree Connection route?

Also where is 30886? Somebody told me it's been waiting for a new engine?

Also will you be repainting the two Ex Hansons '55' plate big Darts at Tividale? (30893/4) They slightly look jaded.

There is no plan to brand the 401E buses.

We plan to paint all buses.  We will paint the newer buses first.

Westy

Why is the 401E still the 401E after all this time?

It was a 'short working' of former WMT service 401, which hasn't existed for several years.

Surely after at least a couple of renumbering schemes in that area, it should have been renumbered into a more 'logical' number by now?

Jack

Simon,

Where is 30886? I've been told it's OTR awaiting a new engine, could you confirm this please.

Smethwickian

Quote from: metrocity on April 15, 2018, 06:26:43 PM
ETM data is fed back to them using EP Morris software
And in English that means....?

metrocity

Quote from: Smethwickian on April 16, 2018, 08:26:17 AM
And in English that means....?
ETM = Electronic Ticket Machine.

In layman's terms - TFWM will already have all the compliance data for Diamond and all other operators of tendered services. If your log of alleged failures that you are going to submit is indeed accurate then it wont be 'news' to them

Can this thread please be kept free for Q & A's to/from Simon only as per forum rules, Winston

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on April 15, 2018, 10:11:32 PM
Why is the 401E still the 401E after all this time?

It was a 'short working' of former WMT service 401, which hasn't existed for several years.

Surely after at least a couple of renumbering schemes in that area, it should have been renumbered into a more 'logical' number by now?

Normally route re-numbering happens as part of a Network review.  This has never come up and we have never felt the need to change it,

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on April 15, 2018, 10:25:41 PM
Simon,

Where is 30886? I've been told it's OTR awaiting a new engine, could you confirm this please.

Yes - that is correct

Jack

1. Have both 30201 and 30509 returned to service?

2. Will the 68A/C be having any improvements soont? The route is in shambles and broke. Very unreliable.

3. Will 30704 be returning to service?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk