News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

With the changes to services & running less buses will you be then painting the ex  Arriva  Central buses & Hanson's buses in to  diamond  livery

Simon Dunn

Jack

1.  Yes
2.  Yes
3.  30502 - is staying at Tividale
4.  No

Simon Dunn

Dear Solo,

Yes we plan to remove some of the older buses and use the additional capacity to step up re-paints

Simon

Trident 4194

Simon,

Do you plan on buying new buses for the retendering of the Solihull network in October if you win them?

Thanks

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 10, 2018, 05:00:02 PM
Simon,

Do you plan on buying new buses for the retendering of the Solihull network in October if you win them?

Thanks

You cannot know that.

How it works is tender documents are issued, operators put bids in, then TfWM award a winner with the vehicle spec in

Dom

Quote from: Tony on April 10, 2018, 06:11:15 PM
You cannot know that.

How it works is tender documents are issued, operators put bids in, then TfWM award a winner with the vehicle spec in

Plus we've only just finished collecting the data that goes into these documents.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 10, 2018, 05:00:02 PM
Simon,

Thanks

Dear Trident

You have obviosuly already recieved a few responses and I do not disagree with their comments.

What I would also add, is that it has been a while since I have read the Solihull SQPS.  However, I thought within the SQPS there was a requirement for all buses to be Euro 6 by April 2019.  If not then, it is certainly at some point during the contract life.

This would mean that the current fleet would need to be retrofitted or we would need to replace them.

We will be a benefictiary of some DfT money for Euro 6 retrofits.  None of the Signature fleet were included in this bid, and only 4 of the current fleet are Euro 6.

Simon

Jack

1. Will you be repainting the Ex Central Deckers?

2. Will any more buses be branded for Signature? There isn't enough, hence the other Streetlites keep turning up.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on April 12, 2018, 07:32:39 AM
1. Will you be repainting the Ex Central Deckers?

2. Will any more buses be branded for Signature? There isn't enough, hence the other Streetlites keep turning up.

Jack

1.  We are going to step up repaints from Monday, I think the deckers will be the back of a long que
2.  There isnt a plan to paint anymore. 

Simon

Trident 4194

Would you consider swapping 30502 with 30938 now the 25 has gone? Would standardise the fleet a bit more

Jack

What's happening with 30401? Will it be scrapped or will it be repaired?

Westy

Are you rebranding all of the ex Central vehicles to Diamond?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 14, 2018, 09:58:56 AM
Would you consider swapping 30502 with 30938 now the 25 has gone? Would standardise the fleet a bit more

We are not looking to swap anything around.  The Wrights Volvo is newer and the last thing, I want to do is take newer vehicles out of Kidderminster

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on April 14, 2018, 07:32:06 PM
What's happening with 30401? Will it be scrapped or will it be repaired?

The plan is to repair the vehicle

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on April 15, 2018, 12:46:43 AM
Are you rebranding all of the ex Central vehicles to Diamond?

We will start with the newer vehicles and unless we sell the older vehicles before they are done - yes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk