News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 25, 2018, 07:54:12 PM
Would you consider buying IGO or is the fact it's a not for profit organisation mean you wouldn't want to take them on?

We will always consider anything, which is in a geographical area in which we operate.

However, considering we tender against Igo for TfWM contracts and they are pricing contracts at a price we can't afford to operate it is difficult to see it happening.

I understand they are not for profit.  However, we wouldn't cover our costs.

Simon

Solo1

Will the 2 versa from central buses at  Redditch will be painted in the signature livery or diamond

DJ

Are there any plans to re-introduce any branding similar to the old 002, Swift 226, Nifty 50 or the Black Country Connection liveries? I thought they looked really smart and premium, and surely stood out to customers more than a regular dark blue / black bus?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

1. Is there any plans to make the 29 a more profitable route? In terms of making it a more frequent route to try and compete more with NX. Most of time I use it or see it, it has no more than five people on it, the PVR of three is quite poor, considering NX are more frequent and carry way more.

2. Would you ever consider buying Banga Buses?

3. Would the 50 ever be fully operated by Redditch?

4. Are 30019 and 30030 going be reinstated soon?

Westy

If any other Arriva Midlands operations became available, would you consider?

Dont know how much detail you can go into on a forum like this, but could Diamond do anything with the Cannock operations or in your opinion, Arriva are doing the best they can, in the current climate?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on February 25, 2018, 09:02:04 PM
Will the 2 versa from central buses at  Redditch will be painted in the signature livery or diamond

Diamond livery

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DJ98 on February 25, 2018, 09:07:06 PM
Are there any plans to re-introduce any branding similar to the old 002, Swift 226, Nifty 50 or the Black Country Connection liveries? I thought they looked really smart and premium, and surely stood out to customers more than a regular dark blue / black bus?

There are no plans to do anything like we did previously.  We will brand the 226, but like we have done so on the 4/4H

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on February 25, 2018, 10:04:37 PM
1. Is there any plans to make the 29 a more profitable route? In terms of making it a more frequent route to try and compete more with NX. Most of time I use it or see it, it has no more than five people on it, the PVR of three is quite poor, considering NX are more frequent and carry way more.

2. Would you ever consider buying Banga Buses?

3. Would the 50 ever be fully operated by Redditch?

4. Are 30019 and 30030 going be reinstated soon?

1.  There are no plans to increase frequency

2.  We will look at any opportunity presented to us. 

3.  I am not sure.  If we had capacity then yes

4.  Yes

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on February 25, 2018, 10:36:53 PM
If any other Arriva Midlands operations became available, would you consider?

Dont know how much detail you can go into on a forum like this, but could Diamond do anything with the Cannock operations or in your opinion, Arriva are doing the best they can, in the current climate?

We will look at any Business that is for Sale.

I do not understand enough about the Cannock operation, the opportunities, the performances of the current routes, etc to have a view. 

There is a reason operators keep exiting, and it isn't because they want to retire.

DJ

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 26, 2018, 04:49:27 AM
There are no plans to do anything like we did previously.  We will brand the 226, but like we have done so on the 4/4H

Aww, I used to love seeing all the different liveries, but I completely understand why, since it's not as bad if say one of the current 4/4H branded buses gets onto another route, as it would've been with one of the bright green 002 branded ones. You should 100% put 'The Swift 226' somewhere on there though! ;)

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

V89MOA

Hi there, Would you ever consider extending the 002 to serve Northfield?

Jack

Is 30883 still in service? Haven't seen it for a while now.

@Jack - Kevin2017 posted a Rotala Group fleetlist 3 days ago, if you refer to that you can answer your own question:

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=5057.0

Solo1

With crossvile in Weston super mare  finishing April will wessex
Be taking over the services there

Simon Dunn

Quote from: V89MOA on February 26, 2018, 08:58:04 AM
Hi there, Would you ever consider extending the 002 to serve Northfield?

There are no plans to do so at this current time

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on February 28, 2018, 10:19:02 PM
With crossvile in Weston super mare  finishing April will wessex
Be taking over the services there

No - Wessex won't be

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk