News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bensweeney14 on March 02, 2016, 08:49:49 PM
General question..

But why is there a huge lack of Citaros on the 82 (Coventry to Solihull) nowadays?

We have problems with 2 of the Citaro's.

One has Fire Damage.
One has intermittent issues which we are trying to resolve.

We are not contracted for Citaro's and in the short term the preferred replacement vehicle is the none Hybrid Versa's

Simon

bensweeney14

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 03, 2016, 02:04:22 PM
We have problems with 2 of the Citaro's.

One has Fire Damage.
One has intermittent issues which we are trying to resolve.

We are not contracted for Citaro's and in the short term the preferred replacement vehicle is the none Hybrid Versa's

Simon

Oh right, fair enough. I take it the one with issues is BV10ZJU and the fire damaged (But being re-built) is obviously BN09FWS.

Them Versa's are utter sheds of buses and are (In my eyes) not suitable for the 82 whatsoever. The 82 should be either Citaros or Volvo B7RLE!
Regards, Ben.
My Transport Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92414404@N08/

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 03, 2016, 02:00:11 PM
JC

We are currently investigating and will be back in due course

Simon

JC

Our investigation has concluded.  I am advised that 2 out of the 3 journeys did operate and there was significant ticket machine data to support this.  The employee responsible for the missing journey has been referred for disciplinary action.

Simon

jc

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 07, 2016, 10:14:58 AM
JC

Our investigation has concluded.  I am advised that 2 out of the 3 journeys did operate and there was significant ticket machine data to support this.  The employee responsible for the missing journey has been referred for disciplinary action.

Simon

Thank you for the update Simon

Trident 4194

Dear Simon,
                   Have you ever thought of installing trackers on your vehicles to give passengers an actual time of arrival? I know this is expensive however passengers would greatly appreciate it I'm sure. Even if only on main corridors eg 4,4H,002,16. I know this may not be possible but would intrigued into your answer.

Simon Dunn

A few years ago, we tried linking up our ticket machines to Cloud Amber software.  We spent two years trying to get this work and eventually realised it never would.  It was a small business, who ending up winning a large traffic management contract which required most of their attention

After that, we tried to work with Centro/TfWM

What you really need is a solution which takes the schedules/timetables maps this to provide real time information.  You can have tracking equipment which we have already in coaches, and some buses which we are trialling CCTV/Driver Telematics on.  However, there needs to be a tie into.

In my opinion the best way to achieve this is through the Ticketing Equipment, and although the Parkeon TGX200 was the best available in 2011.  It now is outdated and it is something that we are now looking at options on, for a variety of reasons which includes real time information. 

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 17, 2016, 08:28:41 PM
A few years ago, we tried linking up our ticket machines to Cloud Amber software.  We spent two years trying to get this work and eventually realised it never would.  It was a small business, who ending up winning a large traffic management contract which required most of their attention

After that, we tried to work with Centro/TfWM

What you really need is a solution which takes the schedules/timetables maps this to provide real time information.  You can have tracking equipment which we have already in coaches, and some buses which we are trialling CCTV/Driver Telematics on.  However, there needs to be a tie into.

In my opinion the best way to achieve this is through the Ticketing Equipment, and although the Parkeon TGX200 was the best available in 2011.  It now is outdated and it is something that we are now looking at options on, for a variety of reasons which includes real time information.

Thankyou for your speedy reply, Would really think it was worth the money.

Cedric

Simon
I know some timetables are changing on 26th  of nextmonth in the Kidderminster area are the routes of the services changing  as well, can I just say it might pay you to put something  out in the local news paper or on line as there are allsorts of wild rumors going around .  regards cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Cedric,

We intended to communicate the changes closer to the live date.

This may now be delayed as we have had some communication from WCC.

Simon

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 19, 2017, 12:14:33 PM
Cedric,

We intended to communicate the changes closer to the live date.

This may now be delayed as we have had some communication from WCC.

Simon
thanks simon 
diamond 8\10/125/292

HTA844N

Seems strange to think Diamond will be back on the 310 (albeit only Wednesbury - Willenhall). It'd be great to have the OLD 310 back... Walsall - Merry Hill. What's the chances?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: HTA844N on March 21, 2017, 08:56:08 AM
Seems strange to think Diamond will be back on the 310 (albeit only Wednesbury - Willenhall). It'd be great to have the OLD 310 back... Walsall - Merry Hill. What's the chances?

The deal we have agreed with Arriva is now in the open.  Our website lists the routes that we will be operated from 23/4/17

the trainbasher

Have diamond thought about extending the 25 to Merry Hill via the former 300 route from Stourbridge. It would provide a  useful link which people could then use from Kidderminster and the Norton Road, plus provide a little bit of competition for the X96.

Also, I know it's a centro tendered route, but would it be viable for diamond to move the 226 to leave Merry Hill 5 minutes later so they leave Merry Hill at 1920 (instead of 1915 and so on) as when the 226 was at its previous stop in merry Hill bus station, it was clashing with the 81 which departed at the same stop. (It would also allow those who are coming off buses from Stourbridge to connect easier instead of a 58 minute wait in Merry Hell...)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Cedric

how about extending the 25 to bridgnorth    the same as the 125 . as  just lately diamond seam to have more passangers   on the 25   than the  125.
diamond 8\10/125/292

Trident 4194

Quote from: Cedric on March 29, 2017, 10:53:27 AM
how about extending the 25 to bridgnorth    the same as the 125 . as  just lately diamond seam to have more passangers   on the 25   than the  125.

That's probably due to the fact diamond run it 10 mins earlier.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk