News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on February 19, 2016, 06:40:06 PM
You didnt answer my question though.

What has Centro go to do with Kidderminster services as its a different local authority?

Centro control the Bromsgrove Rail Station.

Westy

tank90

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 20, 2016, 06:04:10 AM
Centro control the Bromsgrove Rail Station.

I thought it was a joint partnership with Worcestershire County Council as Bromsgrove is in Worcestershire, and both have funded the improvements works.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Simon Dunn

Quote from: tank90 on February 20, 2016, 03:38:43 PM
I thought it was a joint partnership with Worcestershire County Council as Bromsgrove is in Worcestershire, and both have funded the improvements works.

Dan

You maybe right.  Our Commercial Manager told me the request had come from Centro

Simon

Tony

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 21, 2016, 01:30:31 AM
Dan

You maybe right.  Our Commercial Manager told me the request had come from Centro

Simon

Centro can sponsor rail service improvements up to 20 miles outside their area

Westy

Quote from: Tony on February 21, 2016, 11:56:35 AM
Centro can sponsor rail service improvements up to 20 miles outside their area

But surely they don't have that much influence on bus services in Bromsgrove?

tank90

Quote from: Westy on February 21, 2016, 02:57:02 PM
But surely they don't have that much influence on bus services in Bromsgrove?

If it was being done with support of Worcestershire County Council then yes.

Simon, that's fine I just thought it was weird when I read what you had put which is why I questioned to make sure Rotala had got the best info possible.

Dan
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

StourportSam

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 19, 2016, 06:00:12 AM
Sam

This is a Commercial Bus Route.  However, ironically by Centro we have been asked not to disclose the intended service changes yet.  The objective from our changes is to improve service reliability and simplify the route.

Simon

Thank you Simon for the information on the changes.

One further question from me please,

Have Diamond had much feedback from drivers and passengers about all services using Kidderminster bus station, and would this be considered on a permanent basis?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on February 22, 2016, 07:04:17 PM
Thank you Simon for the information on the changes.

One further question from me please,

Have Diamond had much feedback from drivers and passengers about all services using Kidderminster bus station, and would this be considered on a permanent basis?

Reece,

I personally wasn't aware of any feedback from drivers on the use of the Bus Station, and we have received no written, email or text messages from passengers about the use of the Bus Station

I have since spoken to the Operations Manager.  He feels it is easier for passengers, and the operation runs smoother

Simon

Cedric

Simon
from conversations we have had on here  , think you will know I am a Kidderminster passanger
I find it a lot easier with the buses using the bus station  as  the terminus. ,  and it   will not
cause traffic blockages , when road is reopen,  still have stop around the town hall area  for
just picking up.   when I meet CB   I did suggests this and also  cutting the x3 to Redditch
Kidderminster to improve realiblity . and  other things which are already in place .
cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Trident 4194

Simon,
Your new 142 timetable is ridiculous. Drivers are constantly late, and they are entering and leaving the bus station even though they are meant to have 8 minute layover. Personally I think you should have kept the 30 min frequency

StourportSam

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 24, 2016, 08:38:45 AM
Reece [Sam],

I personally wasn't aware of any feedback from drivers on the use of the Bus Station, and we have received no written, email or text messages from passengers about the use of the Bus Station

I have since spoken to the Operations Manager.  He feels it is easier for passengers, and the operation runs smoother

Simon

Thanks Simon. Hopefully that means it is being considered for all services to use the bus station permanently, even once the town centre roadworks are complete. It really does make things a lot simpler for passengers such as myself.

Sam

jc

Hi Simon,

Please can you advise why the;

20:45 - 58 - Redditch
21:00 - 57 - Redditch
21:15 - 58 - Redditch

Have not operated tonight? Around 100 people waiting for the buses between the bus station and Studley Island who will no doubt either end up walking or getting taxi like i had too.

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thank You

bensweeney14

General question..

But why is there a huge lack of Citaros on the 82 (Coventry to Solihull) nowadays?
Regards, Ben.
My Transport Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92414404@N08/

Simon Dunn

Quote from: jc on March 01, 2016, 09:52:27 PM
Hi Simon,

Please can you advise why the;

20:45 - 58 - Redditch
21:00 - 57 - Redditch
21:15 - 58 - Redditch

Have not operated tonight? Around 100 people waiting for the buses between the bus station and Studley Island who will no doubt either end up walking or getting taxi like i had too.

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thank You

JC

We are currently investigating and will be back in due course

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk