News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

How's the 142 doing? Is it making sufficient profit?

Cedric

simon
Are the services in Kidderminster area being changed on the 6th of December. as
there was someone on a bus I was on the other week  telling people that the services
where changing,  4 things they said where all the buses where going to be using the
bus station , and the x3 was being shortened to Kidderminster Redditch  only and
there was  going to be a 3a to stourport. and Kidderminster depot is having a fleet
of brand new vehicles.  they where not in any uniform or had any wcc id badge,
on ,   just thought I would let you know  cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Adam 404

Hi Simon,
I have been noticing since the Citaro fire last week, that the X30 / X31 have been operated by Streetlites. Is Diamond planning on replenishing the Signature vehicles or is Diamond downgrading the X30 / X31?
Kind Regards.

Stu

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 30, 2015, 02:23:06 PM
Sorry - I do not believe there are any outstanding questions.  If there are, please let me know

Hi Simon, I have asked a couple of questions with no reply previously, please refer to:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2074.msg165473#msg165473

I cannot update you as to if the situation has improved as I have been catching earlier services in the morning in order to try to get to work on time (not Diamond services so I appreciate there's not much you can do about that!)

Thanks in advance!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

StourportSam

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 30, 2015, 02:21:50 PM
Sam,

No this route is fully commercial.

Simon

Thank you Simon for confirming what I thought was the case.

StourportSam

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 30, 2015, 02:23:06 PM
Sorry - I do not believe there are any outstanding questions.  If there are, please let me know

My sincere apologies Simon, I thought I had seen some unanswered questions but maybe they were just comments. Please do not think my comment above was a complaint - far from it - I think its great that you answer questions on this forum.

Sam

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 30, 2015, 02:35:23 PM
How's the 142 doing? Is it making sufficient profit?

I would rather not comment on the commercial viability of any individual route.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Adam 404 on November 30, 2015, 05:43:02 PM
Hi Simon,
I have been noticing since the Citaro fire last week, that the X30 / X31 have been operated by Streetlites. Is Diamond planning on replenishing the Signature vehicles or is Diamond downgrading the X30 / X31?
Kind Regards.

Adam,

The X30 should be operated by the 2 none Hybrid Versa's which we have.  At present a number of the Hybrids have had warranty work undertaken which has meant that we have put some streetlites on the X30 short term

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on November 30, 2015, 07:42:38 PM
Hi Simon, I have asked a couple of questions with no reply previously, please refer to:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2074.msg165473#msg165473

I cannot update you as to if the situation has improved as I have been catching earlier services in the morning in order to try to get to work on time (not Diamond services so I appreciate there's not much you can do about that!)

Thanks in advance!

Stu

Following the closure of our Long Acre depot, we have had some short term issues.  This has effected the service delivery on the 36.  These problems have been highlighted to us by Centro, and on an on going basis we have been undertaking route monitoring of the 36. 

We believe the earlier problems have been corrected.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cedric on November 30, 2015, 02:41:27 PM
simon
Are the services in Kidderminster area being changed on the 6th of December. as
there was someone on a bus I was on the other week  telling people that the services
where changing,  4 things they said where all the buses where going to be using the
bus station , and the x3 was being shortened to Kidderminster Redditch  only and
there was  going to be a 3a to stourport. and Kidderminster depot is having a fleet
of brand new vehicles.  they where not in any uniform or had any wcc id badge,
on ,   just thought I would let you know  cedric

Cedric,

There is planned town road works from 4th January 2016.  At that point, I am told either all or some of the services needs to be relocated. 

At present there are no variations in for the 6th December.

In respect of new vehicles.

In line with DDA regulation we will need to replace a number of vehicles in Kidderminster.  Overall we have a plan of how we will be DDA compliant.  We have not defined which vehicles will be at Kidderminster.

However, between now and the middle of January we will have only 2 new vehicles come - these are for Atherton and for the commencement of a new service.

Simon

Cedric

That's what I knew about road works and thought about vehicles myself.
I just thought I would inform you about what I had heard in case diamond
had people phoning up  about it , and maybe moaning as well. Sorry Tony
thinking about my post should have really maybe pm Simon rather than
posting on  the forum  cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Adam 404

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 01, 2015, 06:58:26 AM
Adam,

The X30 should be operated by the 2 none Hybrid Versa's which we have.  At present a number of the Hybrids have had warranty work undertaken which has meant that we have put some streetlites on the X30 short term

Simon
Thanks Simon

Hi Simon,

I note that within the combined Rotala fleet there are several DDA-compliant vehicles out of service and would imagine these are of increased value given that there are still non-DDA compliant vehicles in service, with the 2016 deadline looming. What are your plans for the following:

20716 ME52 BLU Dart
20717 MG53 BLU Dart
20718 MH53 BLU Dart
20807 BX56 BVE Primo
20817 YJ57 YCK Solo
20820 SF57 FZK Solo
20826 SF54 HWG Solo
20856 NX55 FFO Solo
22003 T5 EEV Solo
30402 A9 UOB Volvo

Regards

Simon Dunn

Dear Sir,

We are working towards returning the following vehicles to service before 01/01/16

20716 ME52 BLU Dart
20717 MG53 BLU Dart
20718 MH53 BLU Dart
20820 SF57 FZK Solo
20856 NX55 FFO Solo
30402 A9 UOB Volvo

The following vehicles will not be returned to service for then

20807 BX56 BVE Primo
20817 YJ57 YCK Solo
20826 SF54 HWG Solo

We are still trying to find a practical use for the following

22003 T5 EEV Solo

Simon

StourportSam

Hi Simon,

Are you able to confirm which non-DDA compliant buses will need replacing at Kidderminster please? i.e. do larger buses such as 30383 and 30905 need to be withdrawn?

Thank you

Sam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk