News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

@Kevin centro say October til Diamond do their route change to the 16

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Pete175

Hi Simon
I see the 142 is soon to be extended to quinton world's end. I was wondering what the thinking was behind this? Is it to cover services that are soon to be withdrawn?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Pete175 on September 30, 2015, 01:30:52 AM
Hi Simon
I see the 142 is soon to be extended to quinton world's end. I was wondering what the thinking was behind this? Is it to cover services that are soon to be withdrawn?

We have decided to link the 142 with the 54.

richie

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 07, 2015, 02:05:42 PM
We have decided to link the 142 with the 54.

Stourbridge to Worlds End? Sounds like it's going to be successful.........

Stu

Hi Simon,

This morning in Acocks Green village about 8:15am, traffic was held up on Shirley Road while one of your drivers of the 36 service decided to layover in the middle of the road. As well as causing traffic to tail back along Shirley Road, because of where he had stopped, he was preventing one of NX's 37 buses from making the turn to get back towards the island (to head towards Birmingham). The stand AL was already occupied by a NX 1E and a Diamond 30 service, both of which were also laying-over. The driver of the 37 was tooting his horn to get the 36 bus to move out the way, but it appeared this driver was reluctant to do so. It seemed only after other motorists started sounding their horns in displeasure that the driver of your 36 bus moved their bus forward slightly to allow the 37 to complete the turn, but was still parked in the middle of the road alongside the buses already waiting at the stand.

I will also be reporting this to Centro/Network West Midlands, as the situation with the number of buses using and laying over at this particular stop during busy peak times is getting ridiculous; while some NX drivers on the 1E do wait at the quieter stop opposite (for the 36/40 services) and it didn't help this morning that this 1E driver decided to layover at the AL stop, maybe you could ask your 30 drivers to do the same if they arrive early, or you could work with Centro to revise the 36 timetable so this service doesn't have to wait in the village to make up time during the peak period?

Thanks for your attention in this matter!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Quote from: Kevin on September 26, 2015, 12:14:27 PM
Any plans to re-route the 16 in Brum to follow NX's change?

Quote from: 2206 on September 26, 2015, 03:11:56 PM
Yes @Kevin from October 25th
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/25October.aspx

@Simon Dunn Diamond 16s are meant to follow the NX route through town now. Fancy telling your drivers this much? Because the one I caught this morning was very insistent that he was going the right way down the side of Moor Street station
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Kevin

Quote from: Kevin on October 26, 2015, 07:14:27 AM
@Simon Dunn Diamond 16s are meant to follow the NX route through town now. Fancy telling your drivers this much? Because the one I caught this morning was very insistent that he was going the right way down the side of Moor Street station

Update 1 week later...

Diamond route training 101....
- Wait on Moor Street Queensway until an NX 16 overtakes
- Follow it

Genius!
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

StourportSam

Hi Simon,

Is the number 3 service in Kidderminster supported by WCC in any way, or is it fully commercial?

Thanks
Sam

StourportSam

Are we to assume this section has fallen out of use?

Adam 404

Quote from: StourportSam on November 24, 2015, 08:07:55 PM
Are we to assume this section has fallen out of use?
Simon appears to have not logged in since the 13th of November - Just under 2 weeks ago.

Solo1

Quote from: Adam 404 on November 25, 2015, 04:01:45 PM
Simon appears to have not logged in since the 13th of November - Just under 2 weeks ago.
he might be on holiday & that's why he not been on here

StourportSam

Quote from: Solo1 on November 25, 2015, 04:09:34 PM
he might be on holiday & that's why he not been on here

Last reply to a question was September. With being a busy CEO and with Diamonds ongoing problems I can understand why responding to questions on here may have taken a back seat.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on November 03, 2015, 03:33:48 PM
Hi Simon,

Is the number 3 service in Kidderminster supported by WCC in any way, or is it fully commercial?

Thanks
Sam

Sam,

No this route is fully commercial.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on November 25, 2015, 09:03:25 PM
Last reply to a question was September. With being a busy CEO and with Diamonds ongoing problems I can understand why responding to questions on here may have taken a back seat.

Sorry - I do not believe there are any outstanding questions.  If there are, please let me know

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk