News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 29, 2015, 04:29:18 PM
Why did the driver of 30861 not stop in Halesowen bus station at the correct stand, he unloaded at the 002 stand briefly then continued to Hayley green

Dear Sir,

Can you let me know the date and time of the incident

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on August 05, 2015, 04:54:56 PM
Hi Simon,

Are you able to say if the following vehicles are likely to re-enter service please?

Also would like to say what a welcome addition the various Centros are to the Kidderminster fleet. Using them on the 3 service has really helped to upgrade it. The fact they are considerably newer than some of your vehicles has I think improved some people's opinion of Diamond locally.

Many Thanks
Sam

Sam

30901 - No
30382 - Yes
20652 - Yes until January
20572 - Yes until January

Simon

BK63 YWP

Dear Simon

How are Diamond doing in the Kidderminster Area?

Chris
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on August 05, 2015, 04:58:03 PM
Dear Sir,

Can you let me know the date and time of the incident

Simon

It was last Wednesday the 29th, was about 11:50 am

Reece

Quote from: Chris on August 05, 2015, 05:11:06 PM
Dear Simon

Chris
@Chris Well Kidderminster makes more money than Redditch apparently so that says it all for me.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Chris on August 05, 2015, 05:11:06 PM
Dear Simon

Chris

Chris,

When we acquired the business - as LSE/OFT documents at the time show.  Redditch and Kidderminster were both heavily loss making.  Before imminent cuts to BSOG (nearly 9 pence per litre), WCC contracts, and Concessionary reimbursement rates.

We acquired Kidderminster because they were sold as a package.  We expected that it would continually perform badly.  In all honesty Kidderminster has performed better than we expected

Simon

James4368

Hello Simon
Will Rotala have new coaches for Flights Hallmark or keep same ones at Long Acre?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Cedric

Whats happing in Kidderminster with  no 10  caught the 11.30 from Kidderminster . did not get home till 12.30. by  the time we reahed the ring road island the driver realised he was on the wrong bus so he took it back to the town hall. and left a bus with about 20 people there 3 other drivers+ a inspector  got on  and looked  a the running  a deiced it was not there bus. one even prepeared to drive off and then found out it  was not his  bus and when a driver did turn up he looked very similar to one that had already been on . an d what made it worse was the no show of the 12 miday     leaving a lot of people waiting to  get on a already nearly full bus.
the vehicle in  question I was on was20361  w 361 abd  if that makes it easier to trace what was going on
diamond 8\10/125/292

Have you ever considered any of the following.
1) Extend the 192 to Birmingham City Centre to provide new links from Kidderminster.
2) Compete with NXWM and Social Travel on the 11, or try the 55/94
3) Compete with NXWM on the 45/47 in adition to your 146
4) With NXWM soon upgrading the 934/5/6 do Diamond have any plan to upgrade the 56
5) Would diamond ever consider providing new buses on the 16 the. Crimson E400s witch NXWM youse look brilliant in comparison to your Optare solos
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Cedric

Quote from: 2206 on August 11, 2015, 05:48:29 PM
Have you ever considered any of the following.
1) Extend the 192 to Birmingham City Centre to provide new links from Kidderminster.
2) Compete with NXWM and Social Travel on the 11
3) Compete with NXWM on the 45/47 in adition to your 146
4) With NXWM soon upgrading the 934/5/6 do Diamond have any plan to upgrade the 56
5) Would diamond ever consider providing new buses on the 16, or run a Washwood Heath Road service.
re 1  that has been    asked before   , can not  remember  simons answer . but  as it was cut back in first days. I doubt it  will be extend again  ,  as there used to be a sunday Birmingham to Ludlow central connect services but due to council/centro cuts it was stopped , that was the same reason why the 192/292 Hereford  to Birmingham  was cut to the 292 Ludlow- Kidderminster   and the 192 Kidderminster - Halesowen   
diamond 8\10/125/292

Sayeed

Quote from: Cedric on August 11, 2015, 09:22:44 PM
re 1  that has been    asked before   , can not  remember  simons answer . but  as it was cut back in first days. I doubt it  will be extend again  ,  as there used to be a sunday Birmingham to Ludlow central connect services but due to council/centro cuts it was stopped , that was the same reason why the 192/292 Hereford  to Birmingham  was cut to the 292 Ludlow- Kidderminster   and the 192 Kidderminster - Halesowen   

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 28, 2014, 06:56:07 PM
Dear Sir

No.  We used to operate the 192 when it operated into Birmingham and we reviewed this at the time and it didn't work

Simon
Век живи - век учись

Stu

Hi Simon,

How is the 36 service (Sparkhill to Heartlands Hospital via Acocks Green) working out for you?

I know it is a tendered service, but do you think there is any scope to increase the frequency to a more 'clock-face' one, as it currently (weirdly) runs every 45 minutes?

I was enquiring on the Acocks Green Village Facebook page about NX's changes to the 1 service, and have picked up a couple of comments from locals about the 36 which I thought I'd share with you:

"Agree was not much use where it (NX service 1) stopped on Stratford Rd but can we not have it back along Olton Boulevard East from Fox Hollies to Acocks Green village? We only get service 36 every 3/4 hour that ends early evening and doesn't run at all on Sunday!"
"I agree we need the bus back along olton boulevard east from fox hollies to green. If we miss the 36 theres a long wait for next one. Im disabled and ive seen lots of people struggling walkin as they have missed 36"

Personally, during certain times of the day I've seen some healthy looking loads as this service passes through Acocks Green (as well as some empty buses!) whereas it is usually empty whenever I see one in the Sparkhill end of the route.

Just curious to know your thoughts on this!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Reece

Hi @Simon Dunn

1) Can you please provide a link to the new 2/2L timetable from September because for some reason one hasn't been provided on the website?
http://www.diamondbuses.com/services/WorcestershireandWarwickshire_3/KidderminstertoLudlow_268.html

2) Is the last 2L 18:15 from Kidderminster being withdrawn from September?

3) Why is the link not working for the new Redditch Network map?

4) Why has the 2L frequency been reduced to every 2 hours from September?

5) Why has the stop at the Kidderminster, Town Hall been removed from the 2L route from September?

Cedric

Quote from: Reece on August 16, 2015, 08:35:13 PM
Hi @Simon Dunn

1) Can you please provide a link to the new 2/2L timetable from September because for some reason one hasn't been provided on the website?
http://www.diamondbuses.com/services/WorcestershireandWarwickshire_3/KidderminstertoLudlow_268.html

Reeece  check  this link out   it will answer your question 2  I think http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_SELTT_REQUEST  enter 2L in top box
diamond buses in next one Kidderminster  in last  one   and then  hit submit  and it brings up the timetable
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Reece on August 16, 2015, 08:35:13 PM
Hi @Simon Dunn

5) Why has the stop at the Kidderminster, Town Hall been removed from the 2L route from September?

Reece

1.  We will complete this today.
2.  No
3.  We are looking at it now
4.  This is a contracted service operated on behalf of Worcestershire County Council.  It is there decision to reduce
5.  To reduce congestion at the Town Hall

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk