News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on May 28, 2015, 07:32:21 PM
Thanks for your replies

Is a B8RLE with Wright bodywork not of interest to Rotala?

Will you be trying any other demo's in the near future?

Winston

At present we have a Hybrid Versa at Atherton, but apart from that we have nothing else in the pipeline

In terms of Wrights, there is no vehicles in build this year.

Simon

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 28, 2015, 08:53:05 PM
Winston

At present we have a Hybrid Versa at Atherton, but apart from that we have nothing else in the pipeline

In terms of Wrights, there is no vehicles in build this year.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Do you plan to acquire OP07ARE to add to fleet?

I believe Ensign also have some ex London Tempo Hybrids at £9k each?

I think they may also still have more euro3 darts ex Stagecoach Manchester which are a Rotala standard?

Are you selling the withdrawn Merc Sprinters as one was sighted in a scrapyard?

In terms of b8rles I may well be wrong but Metrobus are said to be expecting two Wright bodied examples soon

Also are the OmniCitys acquired ex Stagecoach London?

Many Thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 28, 2015, 08:58:16 PM
Hi Simon,

Do you plan to acquire OP07ARE to add to fleet?

I believe Ensign also have some ex London Tempo Hybrids at £9k each?

I think they may also still have more euro3 darts ex Stagecoach Manchester which are a Rotala standard?

Are you selling the withdrawn Merc Sprinters as one was sighted in a scrapyard?

In terms of b8rles I may well be wrong but Metrobus are said to be expecting two Wright bodied examples soon

Also are the OmniCitys acquired ex Stagecoach London?

Many Thanks

Dear Sir

1.  I don't plan to acquire OP07ARE
2.  I am aware of the Hybrids
3.  I am also aware of the Ex SCG darts
4.  We have a number of Merc Sprinters for Sale
5.  Currently there are no Volvo Wrights in build, which are not committed to orders
6.  I am not sure the OmniCitys previous home.  I don't have the registration numbers to hand.  I will forward Tony a fleet list on Monday. 

Simon

Trident 4194

Simon

When do plan to have the 202 allocated back to darts?

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 30, 2015, 07:05:52 AM
Dear Sir

5.  Currently there are no Volvo Wrights in build, which are not committed to orders

Simon

Simon,

Is it not possible for Rotala to place an order for B8RLE/Wright in the absence of any dealer stock being in build?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on May 30, 2015, 10:55:52 AM
Simon,

Is it not possible for Rotala to place an order for B8RLE/Wright in the absence of any dealer stock being in build?

Winston,

I think the prices at present are inflated - there is a rush for new vehicles, when that dies down we will see prices in my opinion return to an acceptable level.

I will not pay over the odds for vehicles, we have authorised Capital Expenditure for fleet improvement specifically for new vehicles but until we find the right deal for the right equipment we will not buy anything

Simon

Reece

Hi Simon

1. Why are the MAN engined Plaxton Centro's currently at Kidderminster so unreliable and is this why they are mainly contained to the 3 route?

2. Are 30302 SN09FUW and 30922 B20WTS (MX59KUF) any closer coming to Kidderminster anytime soon?

3. Why is 30383 back in service after last weeks fire in Bewdley that was caused by the buses over heated breaks while operating a 2L service from Ludlow?

4. Following on from the last question. Why is there not a Volvo engined vehicle for the 2L route like a exRoyale Plaxton Centro which would have over heating breaks on the descent of Clee Hill and Angle Bank on a hot day and will get up both Angle Bank and Clee Hill without a massive tail back of cars behind it?

I look forward to your response

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Reece on June 03, 2015, 02:45:56 PM
Hi Simon

1. Why are the MAN engined Plaxton Centro's currently at Kidderminster so unreliable and is this why they are mainly contained to the 3 route?

2. Are 30302 SN09FUW and 30922 B20WTS (MX59KUF) any closer coming to Kidderminster anytime soon?

3. Why is 30383 back in service after last weeks fire in Bewdley that was caused by the buses over heated breaks while operating a 2L service from Ludlow?

4. Following on from the last question. Why is there not a Volvo engined vehicle for the 2L route like a exRoyale Plaxton Centro which would have over heating breaks on the descent of Clee Hill and Angle Bank on a hot day and will get up both Angle Bank and Clee Hill without a massive tail back of cars behind it?

I look forward to your response

Reece,

1.  I have spoken to the Engineering Supervisor, and they are having reliability issues with only one of the MAN's which they are trying to resolve
2.  Yes.  Following the acquisition of Atherton our Midlands garages had to support them for a period of time, and that has put back work on these 2 buses.  They shouldn't be long now.
3.  The bus didn't catch fire.  The vehicle did breakdown, and we have since replaced all the parts involved and repaired the fault.
4.  I would like to operate a fleet of brand new heavy duty buses on all our rotes - which I am sure every operator would.  However, the financial viability does not allow this.  The fleet we acquired in Kidderminster was made up of Lances/Step Entrance darts.  Since then we have continued to modernise the fleet at a progressive rate.

Simon 

bususer12

Hi Simon,

Could your engineers look at 20913, it threw out lots of black smoke when pulling away from my stop, leaving me amongst fumes.

In addition, the posters by the door of the bus stated a £5 family ticket offer valid until the 31st May, is this still valid?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bususer12 on June 05, 2015, 06:49:07 PM
Hi Simon,

Could your engineers look at 20913, it threw out lots of black smoke when pulling away from my stop, leaving me amongst fumes.

In addition, the posters by the door of the bus stated a £5 family ticket offer valid until the 31st May, is this still valid?

Thank you.

We are arranging for the vehicle to be smoke tested.

The family £5 ticket was for half term only

Simon

the trainbasher

Hi Simon

Have rotala thought about bringing a Signature style brand to other routes it runs (like for example the Brownhills 56).

I know the ex Royale buses are allocated to it but surely it'd be worth it, especially as I believe NXWM are running their Platinum service on a similar corridor Soon

Also, have diamond thought about running a Stourbridge to Merry Hill to Dudley route (competing against NXWM perhaps?)

Tom

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

jc

Hey Simon,

With the 26 contract i understand you accept the stagecoach tickets, how does this work with the Stagecoach Smart ticket (Loaded onto a Smartcard) i assume this won't read on the Diamond machines?

Thank you

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 08, 2015, 09:17:04 AM
Hi Simon

Have rotala thought about bringing a Signature style brand to other routes it runs (like for example the Brownhills 56).

I know the ex Royale buses are allocated to it but surely it'd be worth it, especially as I believe NXWM are running their Platinum service on a similar corridor Soon

Also, have diamond thought about running a Stourbridge to Merry Hill to Dudley route (competing against NXWM perhaps?)

Tom

Tom,

When we look to place an order for new buses, this is something we may consider.

We have not considered operating a Stourbridge to Merry Hill Service

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: jc on June 10, 2015, 07:10:57 AM
Hey Simon,

With the 26 contract i understand you accept the stagecoach tickets, how does this work with the Stagecoach Smart ticket (Loaded onto a Smartcard) i assume this won't read on the Diamond machines?

Thank you

Dear JC,

This is a condition of contract through Warwickshire County Council - we cannot read the smart tickets, there is some form of manual reconciliation that is undertaken

Simon

jc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk