News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on March 29, 2015, 07:09:45 PM
Hi Simon,

1) Do you know why the 1815 2L service from Kidderminster Town Hall to Cleobury Mortimer failed to run on Saturday 28/03/15 please? Did it have anything to do with 30500 being sat in Kidderminster bus station for over an hour with no driver and displaying not in service?

2) Do Diamond plan to stop using MPDs on the early morning service 3 soon? I often have to catch buses at various times circa. 0800 (typically the 0752/0809/0819/0833 from Areley Kings and most of the time apart from the X3 the bus is a full and standing MPD that has to turn down passengers by the time it gets out of Stourport - especially going through the Birchen Coppice estate.

Thanks
Sam

Dear Sir

Sorry for the delay in response

1.  The 1815 hrs service on 28/3/15 did operate, the service was 25 minutes due to a fuel system fault which was rectified by Engineering

2.  Capacity on 3 and X3.

As from Monday 27th April, larger vehicles will be allocated to the peak time services.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 10, 2015, 08:23:38 AM
Hi Simon,

Are you planning on returning darts back onto the 202, or are the b7rles on there for keeps now?

We are planning to operate MPD's on the services

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 21, 2015, 04:15:36 PM
We are planning to operate MPD's on the services

That's a bit of a downgrade. This can be very busy at times

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 21, 2015, 04:16:49 PM
That's a bit of a downgrade. This can be very busy at times

We have been using this type of vehicle on the service for months.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 21, 2015, 04:18:00 PM
We have been using this type of vehicle on the service for months.

Mpds are mini darts right? You've been using long darts on the 202?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Matt on April 10, 2015, 04:03:27 PM
Simon

Why was the 4H service running as late as 9pm last night in Halesowen when the timetable states the last journey to Hayley Green is at 19:41?

Dear Sir,

I am informed that the bus experienced a breakdown.  The service operated but it was extremely late as a result

Simon

Cedric

Simon
the 10  has improved in  reliability  just lately not many buses missed and not many arriving late .
before anyone else might say I am wrong  I am going on when I travel and  the ones I happen to see
go past my window. believe there are futher timetable  changes to  some routes in the Kidderminster area
coming at the end of may .  have the few mans the arrived here gone some where else
Cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Stu

Hi Simon,

With your company taking over service on the 36 (Heartlands Hospital-Sparkhill) from next Monday, will you consider revising the timetable it currently runs?

On the Network West Midlands website, your new timetable looks exactly the same as Silverline's current one. I have raised a concern with my local councillor, who regularly attends Centro meetings, and my concern is with bus congestion during the daytime in Acocks Green village, caused by buses sitting at stands to layover, which can block other buses from gaining access to load/unload, which then has a knock-on effect of causing traffic to snarl up, when they can't pass buses stopped in the middle of the road.

The main concern is with stand AL, which is shared at present by services 1, 30, 31, 36, 96 and 99. Your service 30 already uses this stop to layover (when it's not running late of course!), as well as your current 96 and 99 services (which will pass to WMSNT next week admittedly so you'll have no control over those I accept). The 36 timetable seems to allow for a few minutes of waiting at both stops in Acocks Green village (five minutes to get from Westley Road, Bus Depot to Shirley Road seems a bit long!), so to help matters I hope you might consider looking at the timetable so the 36 buses can just 'pick-up-and-go' from the stops in the village instead of waiting to make up time.

Thanks in advance for your attention!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

StourportSam

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 21, 2015, 04:15:13 PM
Dear Sir

Sorry for the delay in response

1.  The 1815 hrs service on 28/3/15 did operate, the service was 25 minutes due to a fuel system fault which was rectified by Engineering

2.  Capacity on 3 and X3.

As from Monday 27th April, larger vehicles will be allocated to the peak time services.

Simon

Many thanks for your reply Simon.

1) To be honest I was waiting for a number 3 when the 2L failed to turn up on time and I just remembered seeing most of the passengers catch a taxi after about 20 mins. My bus came at that time, so it must have turned up shortly after I left Kidderminster.

2) As a very regular user of services 3 and X3 this is very welcome news.

Cedric

Quote from: Cedric on April 21, 2015, 07:57:30 PM
Simon
the 10  has improved in  reliability  just lately not many buses missed and not many arriving late .
before anyone else might say I am wrong  I am going on when I travel and  the ones I happen to see
go past my window. believe there are futher timetable  changes to  some routes in the Kidderminster area
coming at the end of may .  have the few mans the arrived here gone some where else
Cedric
simon
spoke to soon the 11.30 am  10 from Kidderminster  it came in and was just left at the stop. a inspector  think he was came past and look inside to see why it was still there . after a while  he took it back to the depot or parked it up in  the bus station
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Cedric on April 22, 2015, 03:38:05 PM
simon
spoke to soon the 11.30 am  10 from Kidderminster  it came in and was just left at the stop. a inspector  think he was came past and look inside to see why it was still there . after a while  he took it back to the depot or parked it up in  the bus station

Cedric,

Can you please confirm the date this happened

Simon

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 26, 2015, 02:39:41 PM
Cedric,

Can you please confirm the date this happened

Simon
simon
this last Wednesday the 22nd  of april   
cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Jaysnerz007

hi simon i thought the 50 service was going to druids heath now but all the buses ive seen are still saying maypole ???

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jaysnerz007 on April 28, 2015, 05:55:32 PM
hi simon i thought the 50 service was going to druids heath now but all the buses ive seen are still saying maypole ???

Dear Sir,

The Sunday service extends to Druids Heath.  Monday to Saturday only goes to the Maypole

Simon

Reece

Hi Simon

Thank you for finally putting Diamond Bus timetables on the Kidderminster Buses :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk