News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Quote from: Will on January 13, 2015, 11:49:11 AM
Quote from: tank90 on January 13, 2015, 11:44:34 AM
Quote from: Ced on January 13, 2015, 09:54:17 AM
Quote from: StourportSam on January 13, 2015, 08:43:27 AM
Hi Simon,
Do you know if it is intended for 30704 to stay at Kidderminster depot please?

Thanks
Sam
Simon  are there any more like this due ?
Cedric

If you look back in this thread or the Kidderminster thread you'll find the answer to be yes. When the BA contract at Heathrow finishes the Mans from there will go to Kidderminster along with the one that never made it down there (an 09 plate FUY I think).

Hope that helps.
Dan

Dan you are quite correct I'm led to believe Kidderminster is having Redditch-based SN09 FUY
No it's SN09 FUW which is 30302, SN09 FUY 30303 is staying at Redditch for the foreseeable future. 302 was due to go the Heathrow but it never it, so it's being prepared for service in Kidderminster.
Hope that futher clears things up.
Dan
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

StourportSam

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 13, 2015, 08:46:22 AM
Sam

Yes it is

Simon

Thanks as always for your very prompt reply Simon. That's good news for Kidderminster passengers and I look forward to seeing more like it from Heathrow.

Solo1

With the latest buses now here from Bristol & your bus when will 30488 & 30855 be put in service   as the  others are at depots thanks

I assume you mean 30885 SJ04DVM, not 30855, Winston

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on January 26, 2015, 01:40:07 PM
With the latest buses now here from Bristol & your bus when will 30488 & 30855 be put in service   as the  others are at depots thanks

I assume you mean 30885 SJ04DVM, not 30855, Winston

Dear Sir

30488 is in service
30855 - around 1 week

Simon

Solo1

which depot has 30880 & where will 30885 based thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on January 26, 2015, 03:41:31 PM
which depot has 30880 & where will 30885 based thanks

30880 - is Tividale
30885 - Will be Redditch

Solo1

Simon Dunn

PM

Hi Simon,

1) You're probably aware already but the other 4 Esteem bodied B7rle's you didn't acquire back in December 2013 are now for sale:

http://coachandbusmarket.com/ads/volvo-b7s-choice-of-4/

I imagine they're not Rotala's preferred choice compared to a Centro or Eclipse but they might fit well with the existing example and come a bit cheaper?

Also, in the trading update you mention the loss of the BA contract.

2) Are such contracts not highly lucrative in terms of margin, based on the level of resources they occupy eg the new(ish) vehicles you've got allocated there?

3) Do you still see the solos/streetlite heading to Preston and the MANs to Redditch?

4) I assume the Evolutions are still planned to return off-lease?

5) Did the late 002 services prove a success, given the introduction of additional journeys on the 002?

6) Would you say there was a scarcity of opportunities to expand (at the right price) in other markets at the moment, based on the fact that it is nearly 2 years since Rotala have acquired any operations?

You also mention additional contracts for the group:

7) Does this largely equate to additional work post the WCC September review? Or are there further contract opportunities potentially in the pipeline for other existing operations?

Thanks!

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 27, 2015, 11:02:19 PM
Hi Simon,

1) You're probably aware already but the other 4 Esteem bodied B7rle's you didn't acquire back in December 2013 are now for sale:

I imagine they're not Rotala's preferred choice compared to a Centro or Eclipse but they might fit well with the existing example and come a bit cheaper?

2) Are such contracts not highly lucrative in terms of margin, based on the level of resources they occupy eg the new(ish) vehicles you've got allocated there?

3) Do you still see the solos/streetlite heading to Preston and the MANs to Redditch?

5) Did the late 002 services prove a success, given the introduction of additional journeys on the 002?

6) Would you say there was a scarcity of opportunities to expand (at the right price) in other markets at the moment, based on the fact that it is nearly 2 years since Rotala have acquired any operations?

7) Does this largely equate to additional work post the WCC September review? Or are there further contract opportunities potentially in the pipeline for other existing operations?

Thanks!

Dear Sir,

1.  They are not worth the money they are advertised for, and I didnt pay that much a year ago!
2.  As we are a AIM listed company and there are rules around segmental reporting I am unable to comment
3.  The MAN's are destined for Kidderminster
4.  The vehicles are on an operating lease, and it depends upon their residual value but at the moment I think so.
5.  The 002 was done in partnership with Merry Hill, so yes.
6.  Over that period of time we have looked at many large opportunities, for a lot of different reasons they have not come off and as a result we have chosen not to look at others.  Maybe we chose the wrong opportunities to focus on.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
7.  Accross all depots except Tividale and Redditch we have picked up additional contract opportunties. 

Simon

tank90

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 28, 2015, 06:49:32 AM
Hi Simon,

Thanks!

Dear Sir,

1.  They are not worth the money they are advertised for, and I didnt pay that much a year ago!
2.  As we are a AIM listed company and there are rules around segmental reporting I am unable to comment
4.  The vehicles are on an operating lease, and it depends upon their residual value but at the moment I think so.
6.  Over that period of time we have looked at many large opportunities, for a lot of different reasons they have not come off and as a result we have chosen not to look at others.  Maybe we chose the wrong opportunities to focus on.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
7.  Accross all depots except Tividale and Redditch we have picked up additional contract opportunties. 

Simon

Hi Simon,
Looking at the ad on coach and bus market it does say a deal on bulk buy can be done, would it be worth trying to see how much could be got for them to help replace Darts at Tividale?

Also, I know you (Rotala) have had a disagreement with Minstral over the Streetlites @ RH, but the do have an 07 plate E300 which could be used at RH or LAC, that in mind couldn't you try and get a better price for it? I know it might not be worth it but no harm in trying unless it wouldn't be of course.

I do know us pointing out buses we think you might be interested in can look as if we have a one track mind to get Rotala to spend money but it is all done with Rotala in mind as younger buses do go far with the traveling public.

Dan
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Hi Simon,

1. I notice on VOSA that a large chunk/if not all of the Long Acre routes currently registered on Central Connect Ltd license are moving on to Diamond Bus Ltd from 28th March, is this part of the re-organization that you previously mentioned i.e. with Long Acre now becoming an OC of Diamond Bus Ltd, rather than Long Acre being vacated/sold etc?

2. Would I be right in saying that some/all of the Bristol Park & Ride contracts are to be re-tendered this year?

3. Can we expect any expansion / significant changes at Wessex over the next few months or is it still too early for your new MD to be fully acquainted with the business?

4. Following your response to Diamond Dart re: acquisitions - are Rotala still currently targeting acquisition opportunities at present?

Many thanks in advance,

monkeyjoe

Any plans to expand competition on the City- Castle Brom corridors?

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 30, 2015, 09:06:01 PM
Any plans to expand competition on the City- Castle Brom corridors?

I think there may well be less competition between Birmingham and North Solihull soon, not more (not referring to Diamond here though)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: tank90 on January 28, 2015, 04:04:16 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 28, 2015, 06:49:32 AM
Hi Simon,

Thanks!

Dear Sir,

Simon

Hi Simon,
Looking at the ad on coach and bus market it does say a deal on bulk buy can be done, would it be worth trying to see how much could be got for them to help replace Darts at Tividale?

Also, I know you (Rotala) have had a disagreement with Minstral over the Streetlites @ RH, but the do have an 07 plate E300 which could be used at RH or LAC, that in mind couldn't you try and get a better price for it? I know it might not be worth it but no harm in trying unless it wouldn't be of course.

I do know us pointing out buses we think you might be interested in can look as if we have a one track mind to get Rotala to spend money but it is all done with Rotala in mind as younger buses do go far with the traveling public.

Dan

Dan

The value they are advertising for each of these examples is in no way a reflection of market value

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk